What are you reading?

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished The Kite Runner....way too depressing.

I need something funny!

I'm on The Kite Runner and I had a feeling I'd be wanting something light and funny next ... and I'm only on chapter 7. Hassan loses his smile.

Reaction score
I'm reading "Confessions of a Shopaholic," by Sophie Kinsella. I felt like reading something light, and the book is quite humorous as well as touching, once you get over the fact it's written in first person, present tense.

And the fact the MC is a farkin' idiot who needs bitchslapped. I had no sympathy for her at all - all of her problems were self-inflicted and damn that 'coincidence as a piss-poor way to wrap up some plot threads' device the author is obsessed with!!! :rant:

celeber

Insatiable Bibliophile
Registered
Reaction score
Website
celeber.livejournal.com
I am in the midst of slicing through my TBR pile and have finished Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris. This is a new series of hers and the initial book finally came out in paperback, so I tried it. I love it, I will be bying the Grave Surprise in hardback this Friday.
I just started Exit Strategy by Kelley Armstrong. Another new series from a favorite author. So far so good.

Reaction score
Onto my second Clarkson book now - "Born to be Riled".

Perks is in for a reet good larf when I send these books to her. Yes folks, I'll have her address soon. It goes to the highest bidder. :D

Simple Living

Registered
Reaction score
More Than a Skeleton by Paul L. Maier

"What if Jesus returned for an interim appearance before His final coming? And in a manner least expected?"

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Robbers by Christopher Cook.

Good book, moves along well but the author uses no "" around any dialogue (maybe it's the cool thing to do) but it's extremely distracting and hard to read. Driving me insane. I really want to just toss it across the room and forget it exists but I have to know what happens.

Damn it.

Dragonfly45

Purveyor of the Sparkly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.colbymarshall.blogspot.com
Silenced by Jerry Jenkins, it's the second in the Underground Zealot trilogy. Just finished The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult--thought it was excellent

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Bad News, by Donald Westlake.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Finished Spook Country - now I am starting Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallowsby J.K. Rowling

(Loved Dream Catcher - no bounce, no play)

larocca

Business Editing Services
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaeledits.com
O Is For Outlaw by Sue Grafton

No Good Dawgs by Ookie Vick

Jesus Loves You and That Makes One of Us by George Dubya Bush

Reaction score
Weir's not exactly shit-hot on historical research anyway, despite claiming to be a historian. Compare her Princes in the Tower with Bertram Fields' Royal Blood. She's a good one for developing her own theories and then fitting the 'facts' around it. Similar to Patricia Cornwell's style of crime investigation, that way.

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Let The Northern Lights Erase Your Name, by Vendela Vida.

Couldn't resist the title. Not many books are set in Lapland so I had to give this one a try.

Pila

Registered
Reaction score
Website
x--shameless.livejournal.com
Right now I'm reading two books.

Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind, because Confessor comes out on the 30th so I'm re-reading the series so I'm not and refreshed =)

And Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris because I absolutely ADORE the Southern Vampire series and I wanted to re-read it :D