PDA

View Full Version : How have you spent Friday.

mum23
08-24-2007, 08:41 PM
I have sat in my back garden with a glass of wine, going through a crit. My goodness that preyer has such a sense of humour.
been a terrific day.

scarletpeaches
08-24-2007, 08:43 PM
It's not over yet!

I've been stripping. Steady. I mean the bed. Friday's my 'bedroom' day. Yes, I'm OCD enough to have set days for cleaning each room of my house. Some dusting and hoovering to do, then I'll remake the bed with fresh linens.

This evening I plan to sit in my spare room, writing longhand, surrounded by all my books. It's a superstition of mine - not even that, just something I like to do - that I feel it's easier to write when surrounded by the evidence of other people's creativity.

sunna
08-24-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm working. More or less. I gotta stop doing that on Fridays.....

Tonight I plan to go to a bar, then come home and play poker and drink margaritas with my husband and some friends. I like routine. :tongue

aadams73
08-24-2007, 08:49 PM
This morning I walked the dog, did laundry, ran errands, and found time to write 1500 words. Here in a while my better half will be home and we'll be going out for lunch. After that I'll try and squeeze some more writing in. Tonight, no doubt, I'll fall asleep while watching a movie.

ccarver30
08-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm at work but I did get together with some old friends at lunch! :)

BenPanced
08-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Seriously considering my "con" position on drinking on the job.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Laundry. AW. 'Phantom of the Opera' on the telly. AW. Cooking. AW. Research. AW. Play with cat(s). Research. AW.

kristie911
08-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Called in sick, went to the Dr and laid on the couch wishing I could just die for awhile.

Friday sucks.

Siddow
08-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Emails, laundry, grocery store, more emails, read over a short story and made some notes on it, lunch, more laundry, and now I'm going to take some Thera-Flu.

MidnightMuse
08-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Sittin' at work, it's only 10:09 am Friday here. Gotta get a few things off my desk, then I can work on that blog post I've been needing to do so badly.

Fingers
08-24-2007, 09:06 PM
I did the dishes, vacuumed the house, cleaned the bathroom, found out from the bureau of labor and industries that my employer can fire me for having an on the job injury, found out my workmans comp claim was denied, had the furnace guy in telling me its a shame he forgot to tell me to switch the burner off in the spring and losing half a tank of oil because the burner works off a different thermostat than the water circulating system, made the bed and now im in here. Phew.

yer pal Brian

Little Red Barn
08-24-2007, 09:08 PM
putting on my laundry queen crown, :sigh:

acharity
08-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Working *sigh*

Pretending to work, I guess >.> with the occaisonal dose of actual work ^^

Then! To the mall for some errands (and by errands I mean shopping). Then home to wallow in my exhaustion until I once again attack my alarm.

Sage
08-24-2007, 09:19 PM
I started out the day chasing a bat out of the lab. Since then my day has been less exciting (reading scientific papers).

mum23
08-24-2007, 09:19 PM
ok so 18:21 and a few glasses of wine later. Have to bath my daughter while trying to be sensible. So glad my husband's home!!

jennifer75
08-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Ok, well it's only 10:45 AM where I'm at, and so far:

EDIT I've had TWO cups of coffee

Popped 2 advils

Read the JLC article on MSN/Ladies Home Journal ***check it out!

Almost got teary eyed during the read.

Discussed how being financially able to rediscover yourself and make life altering changes really sucks, when you aren't financially able.

Read a fantastic story on ones personal experiences with heart attacks, thank you SW.

Had two burdens lifted finally, minor but huge distractions at the same time.

I've been inspired to do things. That alone is fantastic, for it being so early. Lets see how I do, I'll keep you posted. :)

jennifer75
08-24-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm working. More or less. I gotta stop doing that on Fridays.....

Tonight I plan to go to a bar, then come home and play poker and drink margaritas with my husband and some friends. I like routine. :tongue

I hope you have a great time! Blended or OTR?

sunna
08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
I hope you have a great time! Blended or OTR?

Blended all the way. :D There's this great new 1800 pre-made mix at the store; that with some amaretto and Rose's lime makes a fabulous margarita.

It doesn't really promote success at poker, of course, but it's just a $5 buy in anyway...

Thanks!

jennifer75
08-24-2007, 10:07 PM
A bottle of Marg. mix that includes tequila, $5???

WHERE THE HELL IS THIS PLACE?

I've never purchased the mix that includes the booze before, is it strong enough????????

Amaretto in a marg? Hmmmmmmmmm.

SpookyWriter
08-24-2007, 10:07 PM
I've been fixing bugs all day. And no, I wasn't fixing their wings back. :D That's what I bought my new zapper for...hhahaaa...

Tracy
08-24-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm teaching a writer's workshop at the end of Sept, but I'm away for 2 weeks before that, so I spent the day getting the course notes organised. Feeling v-e-r-y virtuous now at being so organised!

Did all this while son and son's friend played happily. (Organised breakfast and lunch for them and me somewhere in there). Then brought son's friend home and had a lovely cup of tea and chat with son's friend's mother, who's my own very good friend (are you still with me here?)

Then home again and a bit of writing for a couple of hours.

Now not sure what to do. It's a quarter past seven, I should declare it the weekend and switch off the computer. But I probably won't for a while.

sunna
08-24-2007, 10:16 PM
A bottle of Marg. mix that includes tequila, $5???

Oh, sorry. $5 buy in at the poker game. The bottle is more like $17, but that's for a handle, so still very worth it in my opinion.
We're cheap in ME, but not that cheap. :)

jennifer75
08-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Oh, sorry. $5 buy in at the poker game. The bottle is more like $17, but that's for a handle, so still very worth it in my opinion.
We're cheap in ME, but not that cheap. :)

LOL...I love it. I've seen those bottles, and quiver at the thought of spending that much on a bottle of mix/liquor....yet I'll buy a $5 bottle of mix and a $13 bottle of tequila. Go figure.

Jaycinth
08-24-2007, 10:20 PM
I've not hurt anyone today.

I've not played nasty tricks on anyone today.

I've been neither snide nor rude to anyone today.

.....won't someone help me...please?

cray
08-24-2007, 10:23 PM
*stands waiting for jaycinth to yank my chain and call me an ass*

Del
08-24-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm installing an automated watering system for my new trees that shouldn't have been planted in August but since they were I thought it best I do all I can to keep them alive so I might have pretty fruit hanging on them in a year or two.

Azraelsbane
08-25-2007, 12:04 AM
I did some minor edits, then took my "minorly" sick hubby to lunch. Afterwards we bought our new pet, Arden, the red-tailed boa. Now, I'm waiting for a friend to get here. We're going to watch Stardust and hit up TGI Friday's and Maggie Moo's. :)

Joe270
08-25-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm watching the pool fill up. It only has three inches to go, so another couple hours, I guess. They're supposed to fire it up at five this afternoon.

Party!

Esopha
08-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Today I:

- Got my learners permit
- Got my hair cut
- Bought a nice dress
- Caught up with a family friend
- Ate some yummy food

All in all, a very productive day. :)

writerterri
08-25-2007, 01:30 AM
Looking through the dork files.

SpookyWriter
08-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Looking through the dork files.Leave the flies along Terri. :D

Susie
08-25-2007, 01:37 AM
I have been sleeping all day. I'm soooo tired... Happy weekend, y'all!

ChimeraCreative
08-25-2007, 03:49 AM
Slept way too much, woke up to find my brother quite unwell. He called in to work to say he'd be late so I set about to fix him food and tv viewing to distract him from his discomfort. By the time he dragged his butt out the door to go to work I'd squandered most of my day. At the mo' I'm in the midst of a thunderstorm and fixing to get offline soon so I can write my pirate short story in front of a window and appreciate the thunderstorm. *big thumbs up*

-An

Sean D. Schaffer
08-25-2007, 03:54 AM
I have sat in my back garden with a glass of wine, going through a crit. My goodness that preyer has such a sense of humour.
been a terrific day.

I went to the store to pick up some prescriptions, and I walked over to a local ministry to get a food box. Also, I have visited with a friend who had oral surgery yesterday and is in a lot of pain.

Finally, I've listened to a lot of music and have yet to work on my WIP today.

Oh, and I've been on this forum way too much today. I have to find some way of restricting my access to the Internet that isn't overcome by plugging a cord into my computer and turning the modem on.

All in all, the day has gone well. I just wish I would have taken the time to write Chapter 7 today like I was supposed to. Darned slow chapters, anyway!

benbradley
08-25-2007, 04:00 AM
I've not hurt anyone today.

I've not played nasty tricks on anyone today.

I've been neither snide nor rude to anyone today.
Actually, this sounds like the beginning of a prayer about "all the horrible things I haven't done so far today" that goes on to say:

"But God, I'm about to get out of this bed, and for the rest of the day I'm going to need Your help."

.....won't someone help me...please?
Now I'm not sure just what it is you need help with, but keep in mind that I'm not God.:e2sven:

benbradley
08-25-2007, 04:03 AM
Oh, I've read the first 50 pages of Lottery.

writerterri
08-25-2007, 05:29 AM
Leave the flies along Terri. :D

NO!

*swat*

Del
08-25-2007, 05:40 AM
*sigh*

I discovered I need a four hour timer on the water line. I have to return the one hour timer. Now I know what I'll be doing Saturday.

:e2bummed: