How have you spent Friday.

Reaction score
It's not over yet!

I've been stripping. Steady. I mean the bed. Friday's my 'bedroom' day. Yes, I'm OCD enough to have set days for cleaning each room of my house. Some dusting and hoovering to do, then I'll remake the bed with fresh linens.

This evening I plan to sit in my spare room, writing longhand, surrounded by all my books. It's a superstition of mine - not even that, just something I like to do - that I feel it's easier to write when surrounded by the evidence of other people's creativity.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working. More or less. I gotta stop doing that on Fridays.....

Tonight I plan to go to a bar, then come home and play poker and drink margaritas with my husband and some friends. I like routine. :tongue

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
This morning I walked the dog, did laundry, ran errands, and found time to write 1500 words. Here in a while my better half will be home and we'll be going out for lunch. After that I'll try and squeeze some more writing in. Tonight, no doubt, I'll fall asleep while watching a movie.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Called in sick, went to the Dr and laid on the couch wishing I could just die for awhile.

Friday sucks.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Emails, laundry, grocery store, more emails, read over a short story and made some notes on it, lunch, more laundry, and now I'm going to take some Thera-Flu.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sittin' at work, it's only 10:09 am Friday here. Gotta get a few things off my desk, then I can work on that blog post I've been needing to do so badly.

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
I did the dishes, vacuumed the house, cleaned the bathroom, found out from the bureau of labor and industries that my employer can fire me for having an on the job injury, found out my workmans comp claim was denied, had the furnace guy in telling me its a shame he forgot to tell me to switch the burner off in the spring and losing half a tank of oil because the burner works off a different thermostat than the water circulating system, made the bed and now im in here. Phew.

yer pal Brian

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
putting on my laundry queen crown, :sigh:

acharity

fantabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
Working *sigh*

Pretending to work, I guess >.> with the occaisonal dose of actual work ^^

Then! To the mall for some errands (and by errands I mean shopping). Then home to wallow in my exhaustion until I once again attack my alarm.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I started out the day chasing a bat out of the lab. Since then my day has been less exciting (reading scientific papers).

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, well it's only 10:45 AM where I'm at, and so far:

EDIT I've had TWO cups of coffee

Popped 2 advils

Read the JLC article on MSN/Ladies Home Journal ***check it out!

Almost got teary eyed during the read.

Discussed how being financially able to rediscover yourself and make life altering changes really sucks, when you aren't financially able.

Read a fantastic story on ones personal experiences with heart attacks, thank you SW.

Had two burdens lifted finally, minor but huge distractions at the same time.

I've been inspired to do things. That alone is fantastic, for it being so early. Lets see how I do, I'll keep you posted. :)

Last edited:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working. More or less. I gotta stop doing that on Fridays.....

Tonight I plan to go to a bar, then come home and play poker and drink margaritas with my husband and some friends. I like routine. :tongue

I hope you have a great time! Blended or OTR?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I hope you have a great time! Blended or OTR?

Blended all the way. :D There's this great new 1800 pre-made mix at the store; that with some amaretto and Rose's lime makes a fabulous margarita.

It doesn't really promote success at poker, of course, but it's just a $5 buy in anyway...

Thanks!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
A bottle of Marg. mix that includes tequila, $5???

WHERE THE HELL IS THIS PLACE?

I've never purchased the mix that includes the booze before, is it strong enough????????

Amaretto in a marg? Hmmmmmmmmm.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I've been fixing bugs all day. And no, I wasn't fixing their wings back. :D That's what I bought my new zapper for...hhahaaa...

Tracy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm teaching a writer's workshop at the end of Sept, but I'm away for 2 weeks before that, so I spent the day getting the course notes organised. Feeling v-e-r-y virtuous now at being so organised!

Did all this while son and son's friend played happily. (Organised breakfast and lunch for them and me somewhere in there). Then brought son's friend home and had a lovely cup of tea and chat with son's friend's mother, who's my own very good friend (are you still with me here?)

Then home again and a bit of writing for a couple of hours.

Now not sure what to do. It's a quarter past seven, I should declare it the weekend and switch off the computer. But I probably won't for a while.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
A bottle of Marg. mix that includes tequila, $5???

Oh, sorry. $5 buy in at the poker game. The bottle is more like $17, but that's for a handle, so still very worth it in my opinion.
We're cheap in ME, but not that cheap. :)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, sorry. $5 buy in at the poker game. The bottle is more like $17, but that's for a handle, so still very worth it in my opinion.
We're cheap in ME, but not that cheap. :)

LOL...I love it. I've seen those bottles, and quiver at the thought of spending that much on a bottle of mix/liquor....yet I'll buy a $5 bottle of mix and a $13 bottle of tequila. Go figure.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I've not hurt anyone today.

I've not played nasty tricks on anyone today.

I've been neither snide nor rude to anyone today.

.....won't someone help me...please?

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
*stands waiting for jaycinth to yank my chain and call me an ass*