PDA

View Full Version : Interview: Words of Inspiration

Lavinia
08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I was just reading an interview with Jack Cavanaugh and came across somthing I just thought I'd share. When asked about his writing process he said;

"It's a matter of momentum...It takes days, sometimes weeks to establish a writing pace. A single idle day can jeopardize the momentum. So I guard my writing time ferociously."

That just made so much sense to me. I find that true at this point in my book, but also in freelancing. I like the word "ferocious" because sometimes that's what it feels like. Our families, our friends will never honor our writing time more than we do, so we have to protect it ferociously.

Anyway- just wanted to share. Have a fabulous writing day everyone!

-Karen

ritinrider
08-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Guarding our freelance time ferociously. I like that. Thanks for sharing.:D

Del
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
It takes me an hour or two to get into my writing place. I can skip a day, no problem, and get right back....

...as long as I'm not disturbed in those first hours. Very hard to do. I have an only child that cannot entertain himself for long. He craves my attention and often, I can't go 15 minutes without an interruption. But I'm the dad. He deserves my time. I don't expect to write to my fullest for another 3 years when he has his 18th and runs off to find his own life.

I well appreciate Cavanaugh's sentiment.

Mysti
08-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Awesome, Karen-Bob! Thank you so much for sharing! I might just have to use that!!! I feel the wheels turning and an article forming... maybe a bit of brainstorming and research then voila!