PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go "hummm"

Gehanna
08-24-2007, 06:03 AM
I went to the gas station today and pulled up at pump number 5. I went in to prepay using the money I had in my pocket. The total amount turned out to be $5.00. As I was getting back into my car, I looked down at the ground and found a nickel.

hummm,
Gehanna

maestrowork
08-24-2007, 06:08 AM
I woke up last night and the clock said 4:44.

Hummmm....

Gehanna
08-24-2007, 06:11 AM
LOL so long as we aren't 666 then I think we're ok. I hope :D

Rolling Thunder
08-24-2007, 06:12 AM
The first two posts in this thread used the word 'hummmm' and a Hummer commercial just came on the television.

Stop it. Both of you.

maestrowork
08-24-2007, 06:13 AM
If it said 6:66 I would have to buy a new clock. It's broken.

Danger Jane
08-24-2007, 06:16 AM
wow this thread pops up and I look at a broken rocking horse Christmas tree ornament.

What is this world coming to?!

akiwiguy
08-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Honest thing... on the 7 th July this year, 7/7/7, it had not even occured to me of any significance. When I did suddenly notice the unusual date, I for some reason glanced down at my computer clock and at that precise instance, I mean exactly, it rolled over the minute to seven minutes past seven.

Woooooo.

Whoops that was meant to be huuummmmmm.

Gehanna
08-24-2007, 06:20 AM
I don't know Danger Jane but, you were the 5th poster. Oh and today we were talking about pain being the 5th vital sign.

Oh crap.... I'm gonna be in pain!!!

Nah, more likely I'm gonna cause it. :D

LOL
Gehanna

Rolling Thunder
08-24-2007, 06:21 AM
All this humming is going to attract Peaches. Mark my words. You'll all be sorry...

MonaLeigh
08-24-2007, 06:23 AM
I woke up last night and the clock said 4:44.

Hummmm....

I woke up last night and the clock said 5:55!

benbradley
08-24-2007, 06:24 AM
So there was the scene near the end of a "Star Trek: New Generation" episode where First Commander Riker asks Ensign Wesley Crusher (sitting at the control console) "Ensign, What's our ETA?" Crusher answers "Four Minutes and Thirty Three Seconds, sir."

Who died the week this episode was first broacast?

Lady Esther
08-24-2007, 06:25 AM
I woke up thinking I needed to go to the stor and buy soup. The next second, my brother asks, "I'm going to the store. Do you want anything?"

About three weeks ago, I was thinking about how I needed to go to my mother's house, but I had no car and no money. The next minute, my mother calls and says, "You should come over, I'll pay for a cab."

Mind control? Hummmm.

MonaLeigh
08-24-2007, 06:35 AM
So there was the scene near the end of a "Star Trek: New Generation" episode where First Commander Riker asks Ensign Wesley Crusher (sitting at the control console) "Ensign, What's our ETA?" Crusher answers "Four Minutes and Thirty Three Seconds, sir."

Who died the week this episode was first broacast?

Gene Rodenberry?

Susie
08-24-2007, 10:45 AM
I keep finding pennies. One outside our car parked in our garage and one by my bed. Weird, huh and it makes me go hummm. I think with inflation, they should leave me dimes.
:)

Unique
08-24-2007, 02:53 PM
The first entry on the journal I just finished says:

Things that make you go hmmm.....

Get out of my mind, Gehanna.

- there be snakes in there.

Siddow
08-24-2007, 03:24 PM
I have a long history of waking up at 3:33. I've probably done it, oh, close to 2000 times since I was a teen. And I was born at 3:33. Hmmmm...

aruna
08-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I got my my new Credit Card PIN code today and it was 5555....
hummmmm....

just kiddin.. or maybe not????

aruna
08-24-2007, 04:01 PM
If you add up the two numbers of my day of birth (14) you get a 5.
hummm...

maestrowork
08-24-2007, 05:26 PM
I have a long history of waking up at 3:33. I've probably done it, oh, close to 2000 times since I was a teen. And I was born at 3:33. Hmmmm...

Isn't that the number of the the Christ or something?

maestrowork
08-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Truman Capote and I share the same month and date of birth. Coincidence? I think not.

Bmwhtly
08-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Isn't that the number of the the Christ or something?777 is the number of heaven, if that's what you mean.

Kristie and my mum have the same birthday (But in different years)

NeuroFizz
08-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Wow. I had a dream about the Fifth Circle of Dante's Hell, in the River Styx, with an angry mob fighting above, and the slothful bubbling below. And I woke up with a morning chubby. Figure that...

Siddow
08-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Isn't that the number of the the Christ or something?

Uh-oh. I certainly can't live up to that. If I'm the second coming, you guys are in a boatload of trouble. :D

Actually, I've found quite a lot about it online. There's a bunch of people who have the 3:33 problem, and as far as I can tell from my research, it's the number of Truth. Happens a lot when either I'm fibbing, or someone is fibbing to me. Like a little smack on the head, "Truth is easier, dipstick! Less to remember!" lol.

It happened so much when I was a teen that I ended up switching my alarm clock from a digital to one of those old-fashioned clockface ones. At least then when I woke up, the numbers weren't glaring at me.

One night a couple of years ago, I woke up all night long: 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44, 5:55...I was so freaked out, I got out of bed that last time, because I was sure that the next time I woke up, it would be 6:66, possible or not!

maestrowork
08-24-2007, 05:56 PM
I did that once... not to your extent, but 1:11, 2:22, then 4:44. I freaked out, too.

acharity
08-24-2007, 06:14 PM
The title of this post made me go, "hummmmmmm".

Azraelsbane
08-24-2007, 06:18 PM
meditation?

zahra
08-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, I've just watched 2 episodes of a documentary called 'The Enemy of Reason' and now none of the things that would previously have made me go hmmm make me go hmmm anymore, and none of us is psychic, and you can't find water with a stick, and we just die, that's all, and it's all just COINCIDENCE!!!! Aaargh!

aruna
08-24-2007, 07:46 PM
OK, now here's a thing that made me go hmmmmm, and it really happened, too.

The other day I was driving home and took a route I don't usually take. No reason - I just drove that way, a side street. I saw a sign with an arrow on it, it said "Jordan". I had no idea what "Jordan" was, but I noticed it because it is not a German name and I am in Germany.
The next morning, very early, I was walking the dog when I saw a car coming so I stopped to let it pass. Instead it stopped, and the driver leaned out to speak to me. She wanted to know if I knew the street "Am Falkert". I said no. She said she has been looking for it all over the place and couldn't find it and she was quite frustrated, because nobody was out to ask (it was about 6.3o am). She said she was looking for a company called "jordan", I said, wait a minute, I sw that name just yesterday! I had to think for a moment to recall where exactly I had noticed it but then it came back to me. I drew a little map for her and she must have found it quite easily - it was only 5 minutes away!

And then, that very evening, I was watching one of those silly TV magazines about celebs - I do't usually but I for once I did - and there came a section about Katie Price, who has "written" a novel. And you know what Katie Price's other name is, don't you.
Ta-da- Jordan!

akiwiguy
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Do other people encounter times in their life, I guess for some it's all the time, where day to day one seems to be "connected" somehow - where the people one meets, odd things that occur seem to be strangely non-coincidental? Can't quite explain, but I recall chunks of my life where I was almost permanently in that space where I just seemed to meet the right people all the time by sheer flukes, where opportunities presented themselves by the strangest set of circumstances... as though I was in exactly the right "flow". Seems to happen less now, which might mean I'm somehow not in such a good space and not so atune, not sure.