PDA

View Full Version : Giving "The Girls" A Boost...

RitrChick
08-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Shallow Alert: :cool:

OK, ladies (and gents, if you're so inclined...)

I have a pool party for hubby's work this weekend, and my bathing suit would look MUCH hotter if The Girls were a tad...fuller. So, I know that Victoria's Secret does a fabby job of stacking those girls' racks, and I believe they do this with tape.

Anyone know what kind of tape this is (is it waterproof?!?), where I can find it, and the proper technique to use it?

Help increase my hotness quotient. Puh-leeze! :e2drown:

CaroGirl
08-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I believe your Girls should take a trip to the mall for a new bathing suit. It's amazing what they can do these days with Spandex.

MarkButler
08-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Although I feel a trifle strange posting on this thread, just remember, if you do go the "tape" method to keep it hidden.

See "priceless" photo http://www.funmansion.com/html/Priceless-Duct-Tape.html

seun
08-23-2007, 06:35 PM
If you think your girls are lacking, what about emphasising another part of your bod? Or you could just get pissed and flash your boobs at everyone. ;)

Haggis
08-23-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm thinking pop rivets or a staple gun.

cray
08-23-2007, 06:40 PM
tape schmap. i'm thinking just have someone stand behind you and hold them up

reigningcatsndogs
08-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Sorry -- I'm laughing, but not at you. What I would give to think that tape would help these things!!!! A couple rolls of duct tape, some scafolding, perhaps a couple of those heavy duty construction cranes -- once the nipples hit the floor before the knees when you go to church, you know at least they are beyond redemption!!! Take good care of them while you can, because once they've really fallen, they can't get back up!!!

MidnightMuse
08-23-2007, 06:42 PM
I've often considered paying someone to walk around behind me and hold them in position.

Barring that, I agree with Caro - there are bathing suits with built in . . . uplift.

RitrChick
08-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Oh, gracious. Y'all are killing me! :ROFL:

OK, the problem is NOT sagginess...for that, I am very, very grateful. They just need a little, I dunno, breadth? Is breadth the right word? :Shrug:

Oy.

MidnightMuse
08-23-2007, 07:05 PM
You're lookin' for cleavage, then? They do make half-cup thingies and even bathing suit inserts that lift and seperate.

cray
08-23-2007, 07:05 PM
i have a crush on this thread

Haggis
08-23-2007, 07:08 PM
You're lookin' for cleavage, then?

Aren't we all? :D

Salem
08-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Plastic surgery helps. You can get it done tastefully without looking like a cheap stripper. But then that won't help for this weekend. Padded swimsuit top!

Jaycinth
08-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Go to the 'Vicky's Secret' store and buy one of their 'Wonder' Swimsuits...or just the top. I bet you 3,5000 stickey chocolate calories that they're having an end of season sale.

Also...my favorite place is www.newport-news.com (http://www.newport-news.com)

They have some 'enhancing' swim separates..and they have a sale going on now, too.

reigningcatsndogs
08-23-2007, 07:15 PM
I gave my much older sister a birthday card one year -- there was a hula dancer on the front and it said "may your coconuts never hang lower than your grass skirt'. -- really funny then, not so much now!!!

I got no help for you, nothing -- in my wildest dreams...! I can't even suggest a Google search line that won't run amok on you.

Although there is something to be said for never having to polish your shoes again!!!

RitrChick
08-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Plastic surgery helps. You can get it done tastefully without looking like a cheap stripper. But then that won't help for this weekend. Padded swimsuit top!

Yeah, let's just say when I score that book deal some day, you might be seeing me on an episode of Dr. 90210 (I'll be the one trying to put the moves on Dr. Rey!) :e2kissy:

Until then, where can I find these insert thingies???

Salem
08-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Most swimwear shops will have inserts.

rhymegirl
08-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Can't you just put some socks in the cups?

tjwriter
08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
You're lookin' for cleavage, then? They do make half-cup thingies and even bathing suit inserts that lift and seperate.

The half cup thingies do tape to your skin, much like pasties. I've seen them in JC Penney, and I'm sure other places have them. Look in the lingerie section.

ETA: Check some of the items here: http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductList.aspx?DeptID=40379&CatID=40410&CatTyp=DEP&Cat=accessories&Dep=Lingerie&PCat=Bras&PCatID=40381&RefPage=ProductList&Page=99&Sale=&ProdCount=13&RecPtr=&FirstCount=0&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&ViewAll=True&RefPageName=CategoryAll%252Easpx&RefCatID=40381&RefDeptID=40379&CmCatId=40379|40381|40410

MidnightMuse
08-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Those little chicken cutlet thingies, right?

kristie911
08-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Yep, you just need a new bathing suit top. Get a top with a bit of padding, if you go with a bikini top it's even better. They make some that do absolute wonders for the girls. Seriously. :)

MidnightMuse
08-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Of course, if you really want to impress your guests, just use the Janet Jackson method of coverup "art" :D

NeuroFizz
08-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Cooper's Ligaments are a culprit, hence the term "Cooper's droop."

How about Saran Wrap?

StoryG27
08-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Pff, I gave up on giving my girls a boost. It would only end in humiliation for me, I am sure of it. The sticky would unstick and the tape, insert, or whatever would pop out and then I'd be embarrassed forever.

I've never had a big chest and, without surgery, I never will. I'm not going to turn any heads in a bathing suit, that's for sure, but my hubby seems very happy with the way I look in (and out) of a bathing suit, so I'm content.

I know how you feel though, it'd be nice just to have a bit extra.

RLB
08-23-2007, 11:31 PM
It seems like there'd be tons of swimsuits on clearance now. Invest in a nice one that has a good padded top.

I have the complete opposite problem. I always tear those pads out in frustration, and it's still a miracle if I can find a bathing suit that covers properly and doesn't make me look like a floozy.

Swimsuits suck.

StoryG27
08-23-2007, 11:33 PM
I have the complete opposite problem. I always tear those pads out in frustration, and it's still a miracle if I can find a bathing suit that covers properly and doesn't make me look like a floozy.
*sigh* I want to look like a floozy. I'm jealous of your problem. Wanna trade?

jennifer75
08-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Shallow Alert: :cool:

OK, ladies (and gents, if you're so inclined...)

I have a pool party for hubby's work this weekend, and my bathing suit would look MUCH hotter if The Girls were a tad...fuller. So, I know that Victoria's Secret does a fabby job of stacking those girls' racks, and I believe they do this with tape.

Anyone know what kind of tape this is (is it waterproof?!?), where I can find it, and the proper technique to use it?

Help increase my hotness quotient. Puh-leeze! :e2drown:

I say avoid taping, you're gonna be in the water.

Surely the temp of the water will be cool enough to plump you up enough to not need tape. Just buy a nice two piece and tighten it up around your neck to lift those puppies where they need to be. Good Luck!

RLB
08-23-2007, 11:43 PM
*sigh* I want to look like a floozy. I'm jealous of your problem. Wanna trade?

Absolutely. I'm completely envious of women who get to buy those cutesy, barely-there bras. Or who have the option of going braless in those shelf-bra tank tops.

You just find us a good surgeon, and I'll show up.

jennifer75
08-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Oh, gracious. Y'all are killing me! :ROFL:

OK, the problem is NOT sagginess...for that, I am very, very grateful. They just need a little, I dunno, breadth? Is breadth the right word? :Shrug:

Oy.

Exactly what impression are you trying to give your hubbies coworkers??? :)

RLB
08-23-2007, 11:48 PM
They just need a little, I dunno, breadth? Is breadth the right word? :Shrug:

I think "augmentation" is the industry buzzword.

jennifer75
08-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Do you have Ross or Marshalls where you live? They have a huge selection of swimsuits. Try them.

MidnightMuse
08-23-2007, 11:51 PM
You could always buy a bathing suit top that's a size (or two) too small. Illusion can be our friend, too.

Esopha
08-23-2007, 11:53 PM
This is completely unrelated, but I bought my first push-up bra yesterday. It is fabulous.

Thank you.

cray
08-23-2007, 11:55 PM
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1571886&postcount=7

the offer still stands

RLB
08-23-2007, 11:55 PM
This is completely unrelated,

On the contrary, I picked up on the tie-in right away.

(I got to get out of the boob thread!)

Esopha
08-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Well, yes, it has to do with breasts, but not about swim suits. I thought we were talking about swim suits.

And duct tape. But mostly swim suits.

Tracy
08-24-2007, 12:13 AM
They just need a little, I dunno, breadth? Is breadth the right word? :Shrug: Oy.

Have you a lisp?

RLB
08-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Well, yes, it has to do with breasts, but not about swim suits. I thought we were talking about swim suits.

And duct tape. But mostly swim suits.

I see your point, though I for one would like to see this thread evolve into a place where all the women of AW can gather to complain/vent/boast/seek advice for any breast-related issue.

Esopha
08-24-2007, 12:18 AM
I think the men would appreciate that.

RLB
08-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Hmmm... you may have something there.

Password protected?

MattW
08-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Boobs are great.

Moobs are not.

StoryG27
08-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Absolutely. I'm completely envious of women who get to buy those cutesy, barely-there bras. Or who have the option of going braless in those shelf-bra tank tops.

You just find us a good surgeon, and I'll show up.
Woo-hoo! It's a deal.

Anyone know a good surgeon?

Esopha
08-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Hmmm... you may have something there.

Password protected?

Password: boobylicious

RitrChick
08-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Whoa, this thread is really morphing, no? :ROFL:

Glad you all are having such fun at the expense of My Girls. Poor little things. :( God love 'em.

jennifer75
08-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm gonna start a "My Cheeks" thread...see how big it gets.

reigningcatsndogs
08-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Glad you all are having such fun at the expense of My Girls. Poor little things. :( God love 'em.

Go on, rub it in!!!!!

Okay, I had a bit of time on my hands. I tried packing tape, electrical tape, duct tape -- I am a 3M disaster!!!! It's gonna take me a year to find all that tape now (and I think I may have done myself an injury). I wonder if they make hoop earrings that are big enough?

RitrChick
08-24-2007, 02:23 AM
Go on, rub it in!!!!!

Okay, I had a bit of time on my hands. I tried packing tape, electrical tape, duct tape -- I am a 3M disaster!!!! It's gonna take me a year to find all that tape now (and I think I may have done myself an injury). I wonder if they make hoop earrings that are big enough?

So what's the verdict? Any of them work??? :Huh:

P.S. Thanks for suffering an injury on my account. I wish you good karma. :tongue

reigningcatsndogs
08-24-2007, 03:05 AM
I'm gonna start a "My Cheeks" thread...see how big it gets.
WHOA!!!!! Don't even go THERE!!!!

reigningcatsndogs
08-24-2007, 03:08 AM
So what's the verdict? Any of them work??? :Huh:

Work? Did any of them work? :roll:

Seriously, the tape thing is about as effective as using silly string to hold up the Golden Gate Bridge!!!!

reigningcatsndogs
08-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Okay, since we are on a boob thing, I have to share about what my kids got me for my birthday!!!

I have a talking Puss n Boots. Every time you move, he talks to you with Antonio Banderas' voice. (Seriously, I took him to bed last night, and when DH complained, I told him it was his dream come true -- a threesome)

He says "Would you like to touch my boots? Go ahead. Touch them. I will allow it. (pauses) Nice, aren't they? They were cobbled by elves."

The problem, with the accent and the lousy speaker in these toys, it sounds like he says boobs.

He did, however, whistle at me when I went to get dressed this morning. * SIGH* I think I'm in love!!!!

RLB
08-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Password: boobylicious

Sounds like a winner,

Whoa, this thread is really morphing, no? :ROFL:
Glad you all are having such fun at the expense of My Girls.

As the OP, will you accept the position of Honorary Boob Thread Moderator?

RitrChick
08-24-2007, 06:20 AM
But of course. I would be honored. :thankyou:

Ziljon
08-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Okay, I'm reading through this thread, and reading, and reading and you know...some pictures would really help.

RLB
08-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Okay, I'm reading through this thread, and reading, and reading and you know...some pictures would really help.

OK people, who leaked the super-secret password to the breast thread?

ap123
08-25-2007, 01:17 AM
I have to agree with the others, that a bathing suit with a built in push up thing is your best bet in this case, but for future reference, you can find boobie tape in Danskin/lingerie places (works well, and VERY necessary for some of us with the plunging halter necklines so popular these days).

Have fun at the pool party :)

Celia Cyanide
08-25-2007, 05:06 AM
If you do use duct tape, stick it to a towel first. It makes it less sticky, and it will not hurt your skin when you take it off.

Ziljon
08-25-2007, 05:19 AM
Or you could have a baby before you got out.

Soccer Mom
08-25-2007, 06:25 AM
Actually, just get pregnant and they'll stand at attention.

Of course, after a couple of babies, it's more like they slouch at half-mast.

RitrChick
08-25-2007, 07:28 AM
All set with the baby thing. Been there, done that (twice), thankful The Girls are still at attention! ;)

I like the duct tape tip, but boobie tape also sounds like a doable plan. Or inserts (but not the cutlets suggested on the other page--Gah!)

BardSkye
08-25-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm jealous. A bra on me is strictly decoration; serves no useful purpose.

Good job hubby is a leg man.

Joe270
08-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah, Bard, a bra on me don't matter much, either.

'Cept all my 'friends' would take pictures to show at the next poker night.

Sure glad they didn't catch the garter belt and stockings bit.

RitrChick
08-25-2007, 06:13 PM
UPDATE: Hallelujah! The weather forecast for today is totally poopish. Chance of rain and 74 degrees for a high. Looks like I'll be keeping The Girls safely tucked away in my little sundress where, due to the cut of the dress, they look quite lovely and perky! :D Phew, no cutlets necessary after all.

Carrie in PA
08-25-2007, 07:00 PM
UPDATE: Hallelujah! The weather forecast for today is totally poopish. Chance of rain and 74 degrees for a high. Looks like I'll be keeping The Girls safely tucked away in my little sundress where, due to the cut of the dress, they look quite lovely and perky! :D Phew, no cutlets necessary after all.

HOORAY for crappy weather!! :roll::roll: