Part II - Your Evening Routine

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, that's right.

Up until bed time, what do you to come down from your hectic-dog walking-writing-blogging-working and however else busy day?

Reaction score
I get changed into my jimmy-jams, have a cup of tea (lemon), brush teeth, wash face, read some of whatever book is at the top of my TBR pile, then have a bit of a kip. (God willing).

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Gym at 5:30, get home at around 7. Grab something to eat or make pasta. Chill with a book or a movie (don't watch much TV), have ice cream, strip, brush teeth, take a leak, go to bed, surf the web until sleepy. Wake up at 4:15 a.m. and can't go back to sleep...

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
i prefer to stare at myself in the mirror until my hypnotic gaze compels me to sleep.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
drag myself away from my WIP
drag my husband off his laptop
brush the teeth, wash the face
lay in bed for an hour or two waiting for sleep & thinking about either my characters or the crap I'm going to have to deal with tomorrow at work

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Finish writing at around 9, drink a few beers while watching tv/film and thinking about WIP, then go to bed.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
I usually get home from work at either 9 or 10 p.m., depending on my schedule. As soon as I'm in the door I usually start making tea and go upstairs to dump my work stuff and change into pj's while the water heats. Usually a bathroom stop while the tea steeps. If there's leftovers I'll grab some, if not I'll just get crackers or whatever else is handy for a snack. Then it's usually TV time - CSI if it's on, Law and Order if it's a Jerry Orbach-era episode, or History/Discovery channel if I see something interesting. Sometimes on Saturdays I check the lame Sci-Fi movie of the week for laugh-worthy dialogue (usually takes about two lines for this to happen). Other than that it's browsing until I go to bed, somewhere between midnight and 2 a.m.

~DragonHeart~

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I know, it's exciting for me to get visuals on all of you doing your little routines. Not exciting like that, but you know, fun. Interesting.

My schedule is this:

I get home at 5:30, I take the boy to the pool for an hour. (And you'd think I'd be writing or reading in that hour, but no) then it's back up to prepare something to eat. By 8:00 I get about an hour to relax in front of the tv (again, I should be reading or writing, but no) then its off to the tub with the boy and story time, then lights out for him. If I'm not ready to collapse by this point I will watch the 10:00 news, then it's off to the restroom where I'll scrape my contacts off and wash up for bed. No reading. No writing. No fun.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
4:00 – (5:30…sometimes...7PM..Depending on what happened during the day)Leave work and go to gym
5:00 – 6:00… ( or 4 to 5 or 5:30 to 6:30) Participate in ritualistic torture resulting from a youthful obsession with corn syrup and chips
6:05… Stop at grocery for fresh additions to dinner. (If I am lucky there are no more errands to run)
6:30 …Check garden for more additions to dinner. (during some seasons this is replace with garden work)
6:40 …Cook dinner...check homework...listen to kid’s day
7:15-7:30 …Serve dinner/ eat dinner
7:45…Housework.
8:30… Make lunch for work the next day..If I am smart I program the coffee maker.
8:40… Try to write…edit..something. creative..anything creative…
(Note here: Since the middle of June I’ve been both remodeling my house and helping a friend with her business. So when I haven’t been cleaning up after contractors… I’ve worked until 10:30 almost every night)
10:30…Give up on what ever I have been doing. Make kid hang up cell phone. Locate clothing for tomorrow. Do crunches..or drink wine. Make Sleepytime tea. Drink tea and fall asleep sitting up with cup in hand..unless I fell asleep at the computer earlier.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Depending on the day at work, I get home between 4:45 and 5. Later if I stop a friendly local pub on the way.

There's no routine for once the door closes but, in no particular order, the evening is filled with:
If I'm peckish, I'll find something to munch on.
I'll drink something if there's drink to be had (usually there is).
If something needs ironing (or washing) for the next day, that gets done.
If I'm not reading or scribbling, the filters are clogged with celluloid stories (hardly any TV though).
If I am reading or scribbling, the filters are clogged with music.
And I usually find time for stooging about the interweb too.

Pretty dull, really.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
What did you kids do to this house while I was at work?

III, surely you ae wise enough to not ask those kinds of questions.

I just tell them to fix it and go hide in my room until hunger (or lack of CD's in proper cases...why is it always MY music...can't they develop taste of their own????) drives me out.

acharity

fantabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...

1. Come home from work
2. Change into pj's unless I have errands to run
3. Eat dinner
4. Loose end things such as e-mail, more writing, cleaning
5. Play with puppies
6. Exercise for at least 45 minutes
7. Prepare for next day
8. Wash face, brush teeth
9. Crawl into bed

:) wake up, prep, work, repeat.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
III, surely you ae wise enough to not ask those kinds of questions.

Does it count as a rhetorical question if I'm 100% positive their response is going to be a disingenuous "Whuuuuuuut?" as if they were sitting in the queen's dining room instead of a room that looked like Al Qadea bombed a Pokemon card factory.