Can I post this here?

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I don't normally get to post in Accomplishments, so will this do? A big-name agent has had a partial of my novel since the end of April. Even though I hadn't heard anything from her, I'd given up hope. On the advice of a friend, I emailed her a nudge re. the status, and she emailed back this response (edited for content):

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I started it and liked what I read, and then got distracted by a number of things. I still have it in my reading pile, but had no idea it's been so long. Can I read it next week and get back to you? I'm really very sorry.

So, all is not entirely lost on that front, it would appear. Not exactly an accomplishment, but I really wanted to post outside the Rejection forum. I'll post there later, after she finishes reading my partial (nothing like confidence, eh?).

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, that's really good news! She's definitely going to give that first priority, now. I bet it'll work out great. After all, she liked what she read, right?

JaidaJones

Needs a spicy avatar - PM submissions to Mac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ladyjaida.livejournal.com
That sounds like such heartening news! And I agree--it'll probably be her first priority now. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you. GOOD LUCK!

LawrenceElliott

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.LawrenceElliott.com
First, it is my opinion that this post does belong here! Second, since you've gotten this far, anything is possible. After all, she put it back in the read pile, so there must be something that would lead her to believe she should continue reading. That's a great accomplishment in itself!

Today, I ordered copies of A Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas, having learned that HCI has copies currently on sale. I can't wait to get my hands of it. It will include my third story for Chicken Soup (and fifth anthology overall). I also think that is a great accomplishment. But today I will be turning heads because my normally caramel brown complexion will have turned green for the envy I have at your great accomplishment. ;)

You should be proud because you are at a step I (and most of us) have yet to reach (but I will!). Enjoy this moment because even after you have other novels published, this exact moment will never come again.

Congratulations CaroGirl! You deserve it! I can't wait to hear more news... :hooray:

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
That definitely sounds encouraging - good luck! :hooray:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
That's great news...truly a promising sign!

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds promising! Good luck !
not-tagged-smiley-10141.gif

donut

fame-seeking floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
telepathicparanoia.com
Hey, that's terrific! I've had a full with someone since March, and I'd long since given up on him... but maybe (just maybe) he didn't hate the MS after all, and instead just forgot about me!

acharity

fantabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
That is good news! And she sounded so polite! :) Best of luck!

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, sounds very promising! Keep us posted and FINGERS CROSSED! :Hug2:

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
I love reading stuff like that. After seeing mine and other form letters and all manner of "no response" posts, it's wonderful to hear that someone felt bad for not finishing your piece, begged for forgiveness, and asked about a chance to finish reading it. Shouldn't it be the author begging the agent to please read? This is cool news. They must have enjoyed your piece enough to recall it and warrant a further read. I'm super psyched for you!

Pike