Ignore List...

Do you use the Ignore List, and if so, to what extent?

• 1 - 5

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • 6 - 10

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 11 - 50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half the membership

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None, and I never will

Votes: 38 62.3%
  • Everyone except Orlando Bloom

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I've never used the ignore feature. I just annoy them so much I assume they put me on ignore. :D

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I have been tempted to use it only once, but in the end I didn't. Mainly because the person in question is a semi-frequent poster and I know I would spend half my time looking at replies to this person's posts and thinking, "I wonder what they said?"

Otherwise, I'm my own "ignore" feature. If I'm not big on someone, I skim.

Reaction score
Is it possible to do a blanket-ignore of all threads with titles containing any of the following? :
  • Outline
  • Prologue
  • Tolkien
  • F-word
  • Writer's block

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing gets me happier than shaking my head at the posts of people I don't like.

Why would I compromise that by ignoring them?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I've never used it. I don't think I've ever been tempted to. Even if I don't like, am frustrated by, or am disgusted by what someone says, I prefer to have the option of reading it.

And getting annoyed is just a good inspiration to write, or make use of the punching bag that hangs in my living room. :)

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoy torturing myself and marvelling at the idioticy of humanity, so the ignore feature's not my thing.

I'm sure you've left out one or two things on that list, scarletpeaches... I just can't remember what they are.

Oh well, just ignore me. ;)

Reaction score
If you put someone on ignore, you obviously DO care what they say. The opposite of love isn't hate; it's apathy.

mum23

Registered
Reaction score
Website
hownottobeastepmum.blogspot.com
Nothing gets me happier than shaking my head at the posts of people I don't like.

Why would I compromise that by ignoring them?

Absolutely, you would definatly miss all the fun and head shaking. I like to think "have you got nothing better to do than write this?" But hey, I expect people ask the same of me.:Shrug:

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Delarge, what's going on? I see your post, but there's a bunch of blank space above it. :)

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Ignore List is handy, but I wonder if folks really make use of it. Although it might save wear and tear on the psyche, censorship is a delicate issue for writers; also, the expressive give-and-take --agreeable or otherwise-- is part of the paradigm here.

So... do you? :)
How does using the IGNORE Option equate to censorship? That's a bit flammatory, don't you think? Choosing not to read something is if fact NOT censorship. Especially since one can decide to remove somone from IGNORE should they choose.

Vocabulary Lesson for the day:

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
cen·sor
premium.gif
(sěn'sər) Pronunciation Key
n.
  1. A person authorized to examine books, films, or other material and to remove or suppress what is considered morally, politically, or otherwise objectionable.
  2. An official, as in the armed forces, who examines personal mail and official dispatches to remove information considered secret or a risk to security.
  3. One that condemns or censures.
  4. One of two officials in ancient Rome responsible for taking the public census and supervising public behavior and morals.
  5. Psychology The agent in the unconscious that is responsible for censorship.
tr.v. cen·sored, cen·sor·ing, cen·sors
To examine and expurgate.

[Latin cēnsor, Roman censor, from cēnsēre, to assess; see kens- in Indo-European roots.]

cen'sor·a·ble adj., cen·so'ri·al (sěn-sôr'ē-əl, -sōr'-) adj.

(Download Now or Buy the Book)
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source cen·sor·ship
premium.gif
(sěn'sər-shĭp') Pronunciation Key
n.
  1. The act, process, or practice of censoring.
  2. The office or authority of a Roman censor.
  3. Psychology Prevention of disturbing or painful thoughts or feelings from reaching consciousness except in a disguised form.
(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
My job here doesn't allow for ignoring folks, lest I miss a post that requires modly intervention. I don't think I'd ever use it anyway, even for that badass Susie character.

:)