PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in here?

Shwebb
08-22-2007, 08:01 AM
AmyBA and I have been speaking about what might help people interested in this form of writing. We've thought about having periodic contests (like in freelancing) that would have the participants finish a piece ready for submission to a market. Or perhaps having prompts (rather like the Flash Fiction) where something triggers a memory worth writing about or at least following its trail to somewhere else.

But we'd love to have some input. What sorts of things would help you to write in this genre more often?

Is there a chance we could have some guest speakers in the chatroom? Or would some like a scheduled time in chat just to talk about this type of writing, in general?

Angelinity
08-22-2007, 08:22 AM
how about a picture prompt? maybe i'm ol' fashioned that way, but that usually works for me -- there's almost always an element in a picture that will remind me of a person or an event.

Mandy-Jane
08-22-2007, 09:41 AM
I agree prompts of some kind would be great. Not just pictures, but also words, sentences, etc. I'd love to have a go at life story writing, but I have no idea where to start.

Memoirista
08-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Markets? Are there markets for less than whole memoirs or autobiographies or biographies or life stories? Tell me more.

Shwebb
08-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Memoirista, there's a "sticky" thread at the top of this forum where anyone with a market can post one. Granted, the list is small right now, but it will grow.

Wonderful ideas, you folks!