Packing & Moving!*#&

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
Well the day has come to pack up my computer. They're coming tomorrow to move me and of course I've still got a lot to pack.

I'm supposed to have internet Thursday...they say! Hopefully I'll be back online soon!

Maggie isn't very happy about this move and has been taking things and chewing them up. I'm taking the animals in the car with me and my greatest OMG will be trying to get Maggie into the car. She still believes the leash is punishment. Maybe the movers will pack her into my car for me because it's either that or draging the poor darling to the car and lifting her 80 pounds by the front then pushing in the rear end! If I'm not totally at wits end by then, I'll try to remember to get a picture of this misadventure.

Have a great week! See you all later!

davids

Banned
Reaction score
I'll miss ya I will I will-how the hell am I gonna get through till Damned Thursday? Oh shit-you better have your bum back here by silly Friday or I will have to get totally serious and I think the forum might explodiate-or me prolly-take care you Texas Rose and do not forget-Wh luvs ya baby!!!!

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
I'm always very motivated to pack the kitchen first. No more cooking, instant food and paper plates only during a move.

I just saw a Dog Whisperer episode about a dog that hated the car. They made a game of it. The human went into the vehicle first, then the dog (rewarded by a treat). After about 5 tries the dog went into the car without a struggle.

Judy

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with moving your assortment of critters, Deb! Let me know how it goes!

DeborahM

Registered
Reaction score
HI ALL!!!

The move went well and I'm kinda back on the board.

I've been so busy with helping mom move into her house, that when I go home I have no desire to look at my boxes, so have only unpacked on the weekends.

The animals are doing well. Maggie had a nip and tuck (spaying) and loves her doggie door and big back yard. Mr. Lucky is still reigning king of the bed. The birds love the window they sit in front of and sign out when anyone drives by on their way to mom's house. I took Buddy and the two ferrets to my sister, who ended up NOT going out on the road driving.

CA has gotten A's on her report card and is doing great in her spelling and math. She's gotten self confidence especially in math and has gone from counting on her fingers to mentally figuring the problem!

Come to find out mom has mouth cancer, which was caught pretty early and will be operated on this coming Monday. A plastic surgeon will be working with the oncologist, grafting skin from her wrist along with blood vessels to place in her cheek. The doctor says it has not gone to her jaw and will be taking out the glands so if there is a microsopic thread in the glands it won't spread.

Otherwise, all is well here in really North Texas and almost in Okieland. Strange to be back in the country again after 6 years in the city, but the skies are full of stars again and I can hear the yipping of coyotes as they cross the property during the night.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Glad the move went well! I miss hearing those coyotes too!
Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope everything goes well for her and you!
:)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:tackle hugs:

DEB!!!!!!!

Fort Worth isn't the same without you! I'm glad the kids, fuzzy and otherwise, are settling in. Sorry about your Mom. I hope the surgery goes well.

DeborahM

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I've missed talking with you! Hope all is well with you and the family! How's Abby?

I do miss FTW and get to come in once a month for therapy sessions as well as pick up some great pizza and Mexican food to take back home with me, which I got mom hooked on and now asks when is my next trip to FTW because she wants some pizza or Mexican food!!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering what had happened ! Good to see you back. So sorry to hear about your mom, but sounds like they caught it early enough and she can expect a great outcome.

I hate moving, but I love the unpacking part - starting fresh, planning out the rooms - what fun :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Deborah, glad all is well and your enjoying your new place and your furry friends too!

DeborahM

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering what had happened ! Good to see you back. So sorry to hear about your mom, but sounds like they caught it early enough and she can expect a great outcome.

I hate moving, but I love the unpacking part - starting fresh, planning out the rooms - what fun :)

Hey back! Good intuitions! Yes, the unpacking is fun, but this time it just seems like the boxes are multiplying when I'm not looking!

Yes, it is promising for mom. It's just getting her through surgery, 2 days in ICU then they'll be able to move her to a private room is where my anxiety lies. This weekend I have to find the box that has the directive folder for her and take it to the hospital with me Monday.

Good to see you again! I'm back!!

DeborahM

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Deborah, glad all is well and your enjoying your new place and your furry friends too!

Hi Susie! Thanks...yes all is well and it's great to be back in the country setting again. Maggie has made friends with a couple of mom's outside dogs, who run the farm to keep the coyotes off the property. And when I drive by my mobile, she has fun leaping and dancing then running for the other side to wiggle and dance as we continue driving by.

Mom's doing okay, just apprehensive about Monday's surgery.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Glad it's going so well, Deb. Gee, hope the surgery goes well. Praying and keeping fingers crossed.