If you’ve ever called a deceased family member for advice.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Who do you call?

If you’ve ever called a deceased family member for advice, I’d think twice with what you’re about to hear tonight. I had a terrible upset stomach because I forgot how many times I had spiced my food. I’ve become unlucky this way it seems. So I pondered for a moment or two while the fire belching from my stomach flamed through my throat. I needed to call someone for advice.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
On the phone?

I didn't think Verizon extended to the spirit realms.....I can just imagine the roaming charges.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Did you ever see the old Twilight Zone episode where the deceased husband manages to call his wife due to phone lines being blown down onto his gravesite?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Did you ever see the old Twilight Zone episode where the deceased husband manages to call his wife due to phone lines being blown down onto his gravesite?

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

::Jo runs away screaming::

Oh, man, I can't believe you mentioned that episode. Scared. The. Crap. Out of me as a child.

Okay, still does.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

::Jo runs away screaming::

Oh, man, I can't believe you mentioned that episode. Scared. The. Crap. Out of me as a child.

Okay, still does.
Yep, it was a goody alright. I was just finishing up the rough draft for a short story "Deceased family member calling plans" and had to ask "Who would I call if I needed advice?"

So I thought it was a good spinoff and I'll tell you this much, I tend to call my sister a lot more about stuff. Sometimes I'll call my brother Mike when I just need someone to talk with.

So who do you call when you need advice? Besides Granny who died twenty years ago.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Prophets?

I mean go back really far and you're probably related to like, Nostradamus or like, Elijah, or SOMEbody prophetic.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
On the phone?

I didn't think Verizon extended to the spirit realms.....I can just imagine the roaming charges.
I get a special discount as a sales rep. Can I interest you in our program? How do you feel lately? :D

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
For several months after my uncle (who was like a father to me) died, I would often pick up the phone to call him so I could ask him about something. Then, I'd remember he was gone. Not a very pleasant feeling.

I also used to call my Granny for advice, but Parkinson's Disease has left her unable to speak, so I don't have her anymore. This is even worse than my uncle, because my Granny gave even better advice, and if she wasn't so sick, I know she still could. Her mind is intact; she just can't speak. Her hands shake too bad now that she can barely write.

So, I call my aunt or my momma. My aunt's advice is better than my mom's, but I guess momma's is better than no one.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I used to call my step-mom when I needed someone special to talk with because I could trust her. Sadly she died several years ago and yet sometimes I still imagine we have a good talk about life. She was always there to listen, no matter what the problem. Kind of wish there was a special phone I could use to say hi.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Well, according to a long distance phone company that slammed my family about ten years ago, my grandfather okay'd the transfer to their long distance carrier.

He'd been dead about 10 years at that point, but they had his signature. Sent to us when my mother fought it. It was signed with his name. Only they'd spelled it wrong.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Hm, talking to dead people? After my grandfather died, my grandma kept a journal where she'd write to him every night. He was never a particularly chatty guy so the one-way conversations were probably all right. :)

Actually I haven't had anyone closer to me than my grandfather die, now that I think about it. Well, my other set of grandparents are also dead, but they were estranged.

I don't talk to my grandfather, but now and then I ask myself if my life is something that he would have been proud of. He was a very honorable, upstanding man. I think the answer is yes. I hope!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Hm, talking to dead people? After my grandfather died, my grandma kept a journal where she'd write to him every night. He was never a particularly chatty guy so the one-way conversations were probably all right. :)

Actually I haven't had anyone closer to me than my grandfather die, now that I think about it. Well, my other set of grandparents are also dead, but they were estranged.

I don't talk to my grandfather, but now and then I ask myself if my life is something that he would have been proud of. He was a very honorable, upstanding man. I think the answer is yes. I hope!
I'm very sure he would be proud of you.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Call my cat, dead five years now. His advice hasn't changed.
Oh you just had to bring the cats into this? I already have my share of purty cats hanging around checking on me. I suppose they're just waiting until I make my last call so they can occupy my living quarters.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh you just had to bring the cats into this? I already have my share of purty cats hanging around checking on me. I suppose they're just waiting until I make my last call so they can occupy my living quarters.
Or eat you, like that spider....No - not going there.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Well the first time I died, I didn't see family members....the second time I saw my mom, but then the second time is iffy as to whether I was dead or just in a sepsis induced hallucination