BookMooch!

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I put this here because it's related to books specifically and not writing, but not OP material, because it's books.

Who's on BookMooch?? This is the greatest freaking thing ever invented! I have a stack of books I won't read again. What do to? Don't have a used bookstore nearby. Hate to chuck 'em, they're good books and it's bad for the environment (I'd recycle them if I did chuck 'em). Don't want to put them in a yard sale - more trouble than it's worth.

Bookmooch! I list all the ones I want to get rid of and if someone else wants it, they Mooch from me. I ship to them, voila, books gone to a good home. In turn, others have books I want to read, and I'm on a limited budget. I Mooch from others. It all works out, since I pay shipping to others and they pay to me.

I sent a book yesterday and Mooched two (yeah, so I have one more book than I started with).

If you're not on it, it's awesome! Like a giant swap meet.

www.bookmooch.com

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
I've been on it for over a year now. Love it! We don't have public libraries as such here in India, so it's always a problem getting the latest books, especially since they're also really expensive. So this works out perfectly.

I'm here if anyone would like to add me as a friend: http://www.bookmooch.com/m/bio/mk

BarbJ

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't know about it. Thanks, Christine!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I just found this, after posting a new thread for a similar cause...

Instead of swapping, its sharing books. Read it, pass it on. Read it, pass it on .... and so forth.

A very nice man/author was nice enough to send me his new novel for a potential new book club I may or may not start, however the book is in the mail. I'd like it to get passed along. Check it out.

It doesn't sound like something I'd be real interested in at this moment so I'd like to get it out there and have it work its way back to me when I'm when I feel it interests me enough to finish it.

... now I'm gonna go check out bookmooch. Thanks!