writers in Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
I live in a rather rural part of New Jersey--yes, there is such a thing--but I go to Manhattan a lot. I would love to just meet and have a beer with some of the local writers who live near or live in the city. Not to share work, necessarily, but just to talk about the process of rejection and triumph and the rest of all the emotion of doing something most people don't think to do or can't do or are too lazy to do. Anyone up for that idea?

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
When is a good time for the two of you and anyone else who would like to join? I teach and coach, but in the evening on any day is probably good. I think it would be great fun.

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
And then there were four! Well, why don't we wait a few days and see if anyone else is interested in beer and writing speak and then I'll just throw out a day and place and see if that's amenable to everyone?

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
Well, Claudia Gray, Johnrobison, and apmom, I guess there are only the four of us. I still think it would be nice to meet and have a beer. Let me know a good time for all of you and I will do the same. I look forward to talking to people about the whole incredible process which only those who are in it understand.

Kristina Cook

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristinacook.com
Manhattan

I'm in NYC--would love to meet up with some fellow writers in Manhattan, particularly during the day (when the kids are in school!). So count me in on any possible NYC plans!

:eek:) Kristina
www.kristinacook.com
TO LOVE A SCOUNDREL ~ Available June '07 from Zebra Books
UNLACED, UNVEILED, UNDRESSED ~ Still available from Zebra Books

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
For those of you who may have missed this, the people who have responded have all tentatively agreed that we will meet sometime in November at the Old Town Bar on 18th Street. Anyone who would like to add their name is welcome. Beer and book talk. What could be better?

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Me too! Me too!

During the day works the best for me, but if I have time to track down a sitter I can meet up in the evening.

Velma deSelby Bowen

I miss the mountains....
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in Brooklyn, but I work in Manhattan, and if it's not the 20th, I would enjoy meeting some of the people here. (I have tickets for the Cafe Tacuba concert on the 20th! WooHOO! WOOHOO!)

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
I'm usually looking for a way to get into the city as well. My schedule is kind of tricky right now, but let me know the date and I'll tell the president I can't make it.

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
All right, guys. I'm going to make a tentative date for next Wednesday. It may be a good day for me anyway, because I'm about to finish my revision and I should know by then if I'm going to have a very, very good agent. So...we could meet at around 5ish at the Town Bar on 18th between 6th and Broadway. I hope that works for everyone.

Gerry

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
In case anyone was just intending to show up tomorrow, the 28th, please don't. I will make one last attempt to reschedule and then I'll just assume there isn't enough interest.

Gerry

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
How about a holiday get-together then? If it is in mid-December, I might actually be able to go. :)
I know there are a few AWers in Fairfield County, CT who are just a short train ride away too.

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, guys. I'm going to try again to organize a get together at the Town Bar. I'm thinking the 10t--next week--would be a good day--in the late afternoon, early evening. I coach until 5ish and then I can drive in. Who is for that?

Gerry

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
I will be at the Old Town Bar--45 E 18th street on Thursday at around 6:30 P.M. I will try and post this everyday so that people will notice. If you want to have a beer with me and chew the fat about writing, writers, agents, editors, THE GIANTS!!!, well, then, meet me there. I'll be the guy with no one standing around him, more than likely.

Gerry

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I can make it, Gerry -- some last-minute tweaks on my manuscript may be keeping me home nights this week -- but I'll try!

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I can make it, Gerry -- some last-minute tweaks on my manuscript may be keeping me home nights this week -- but I'll try!

Well, I'll be disappointed, but I will understand. A few beers might help with inspiration, though. It would be great fun to have you there.

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
As I promised, I will post this everyday until Thursday:

I will be at the Old Town Bar--45 E 18th street on Thursday at around 6:30 P.M. I will try and post this everyday so that people will notice. If you want to have a beer with me and chew the fat about writing, writers, agents, editors, THE GIANTS!!!, well, then, meet me there. I'll be the guy with no one standing around him, more than likely.

Gerry

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to see if I can get a sitter and meet you there, Gerry :)

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
As I promised, I will post this everyday until Thursday:

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.