Help

Greenwolf103

I have been trying to find a publisher for my second poetry chapbook since the publisher for this book shut down. I eventually decided that I am going to self-publish this book via Kinko's and sell it myself. But the problem is, I don't know *how* I'm going to sell it through my site since I can't get a PayPal account. I've never sold anything through my site so I have no idea to handle any of that as far as processing orders go. I can ship the books just fine, but I don't know ANYTHING about the business part of the ordering.

My book is a little, saddle-stapled chapbook with color cover that will sell for $5 each. This will cover the shipping cost.

BUT I don't know ANYTHING about getting it sold through my site and I can't list it with Amazon because it doesn't have a bar code or ISBN. Please help!!! :(

--Dawn

Greenwolf103

P.S.

I'm not against the idea of turning this into an E-book, but I DO want to keep the cover picture, since it was created specifically for this book.

veingloree

Re: P.S.

You can list with small press distributors like Project Pulp (not sure of the url but it should google). Is there a reason you can't use Paypal or another similar service like Ikobo? You can just ask for money to be sent of online services like amazon gift voucher be bought for you.

Greenwolf103

Thanks, vein. I would like some more information about that, if you could please send it my way through EZ-Mail.

I've heard people have had problems with PayPal. But I can't use it for a more personal reason....

I'll check out Project Pulp, though. :)

veingloree

More info on which aspect? If alternative e-money sites will work I have found Ikobo to be good, if you happen to be Australian, Paymate is also good.

Greenwolf103

Hi, Vein,

I was asking for more info on Project Pulp. Sorry I didn't clarify...

I checked them out and it looks like something I could use. But I can't figure out info on how to get my book to them. And I was hoping I could get some info from people who have worked with them, to see how things have fared for them.

Thanks. :) Take care.

--Dawn

veingloree

I hang out with a few small press people and as far as I hear ProjectPulp has an immaculate reputation. To get listed you should probably email Jon Hodges at [email protected] -- he could answer any questions. I haven't used it myself although I have been meaning to follow it up.

mammamaia

i may have a printer for you...

i was contacted recently by a small pod publisher/printer who seems on the up and up... he's sending me samples by post, and as soon as i see them and his prices, will let you know if he's as good as he sounds... he claims to put out a quality chapbook at a very reasonable cost...

hugs, maia

Greenwolf103

Re: i may have a printer for you...

Thank you, vein and M. :) You've been real helpful.