Who are my poet friends???

pixie juice

EeeK! It's quiet in here. Who are my poet friends on this board???

Okay, well, if there are any, let me start some lively discussion...

Lets talk about publications... what journal/magazine were you published in that you're most proud of??? Does anybody have a poetry book published out there??? Won any awards???

pixie juice

--- and I'll answer my own post ---

I don't have any publications yet that I'm proud of... then I don't send out nearly as many submissions as I should. I published two poems in an e-zine once, no pay... it went flop a few months later. I think I cursed it :smack

Arisa81

Oh poor lonely Pixie, fret no longer, I am here :grin

I have had poetry published in Blue Mountain Arts books. I am pretty proud of those.
No book of my own yet, but I am hoping one day I will do that.

April :star

mammamaia

'nother friend heard from...

...you can read my stuff on my site [see link below]... some's been published, some read at hiroshima/nagasaki day commemoration, mother's day celebration, veteran's day on the hopi res, and suchlike...

one of my old life poems was commissioned by westport, ct for our sesquecentennial [125th anniv.], making me a local poet laureate, i suppose...

i mentor a lot of poets, so if you ever need any help, all you gotta do is ask...

welcome to the funny farm!:jump

love and hugs, maia

Betty W01

Re: 'nother friend heard from...

I have had a few of my poems published in various places, but I have three I'm proudest of (none of which paid me a dime.):

#1 - "For Lisa" - a poem I wrote for my oldest daughter when she was six ; it was used in her funeral bulletin and at her HS's memorial serivce for her.

#2 - "To Absent Friends" - written in 1995 for a dedication ceremony at USNA to commemorate all midshipmen who died before graduating (including my daughter) and read aloud at the end of the ceremony by Adm. William Larson, USNA Superintendent.

#3 - "For Deb" - written in honor of my son's best friend, Ben, who died at 22 of cancer; it was given to his mom, Deb, who later had it engraved on his headstone.

sherri234

Re: 'nother friend heard from...

HI, Pixie and all. Very nice to 'meet' you! I had a number of writing articles published in Canadian Writer's Journal that I am really proud of. I also had a poetry ebook out with a press but had to withdraw it because it was just sitting there and wasn't being promoted. I hope to resell it later.
Hope you all get lots of acceptances.

Warm regards, susie:D

Yeshanu

Re: Who are my poet friends?

Waldman, you're a poet. You just proved it.

As for me, I've only had poems published in grade school yearbooks and my high school ecology newsletter. I've kept my poetry to myself since then. I've never been paid for it, but I'm hoping that will change in the very near future. Or at least I'll have publication credits to list, even if they only pay copies.

But at least I'm writing more consistently. I used to only write poetry when the muse hit (and she was usually either pissed off or sad when she hit me), so writing poetry while conscious is a new experience for me. And a good one, I might add.

waldman97

Who are my poet friends?

Yeshanu,

Actually I'm a building inspector who wants to be a published writer someday.

I wrote that poem back in 1990 - it was my first poem and also my last.

Well, I do variations of "There once was a man from Nantucket..."

:^)

veingloree

I have a few poems about to come out in 'Night to Dawn' and one in 'Dark Animus' that got a few nice reviews.

I am happy to talk about poetry here, but I don't want to post it as it might hinder me publishing it later. We could rig up some system of swapping critiques by email though?

Yeshanu

Well, I do variations of "There once was a man from Nantucket..."

Have you checked out the limerick thread in "Office Party?"

Come join us! :grin