Temporary LOA

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Before everyone freaks out...this is not a flounce/bounce or whatever you call it :)

I'm in a civic organization called the Jaycees (they are worldwide) Anyway every year we have a Haunted House and now we're in the planning stages. From now until the end of October my time will be limited on here.

I just wanted to let you all know in case (the ones who know me) were wondering where I was :) Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll be on and off--so take care and see you on the boards.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Take care, and have fun. :) We'll see ya after the carnage.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Damn it. I was looking forward to a good flounce. Haven't seen one in a while ;)

Enjoy yourself. Don't get too scared.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I love those haunted houses organizations put up every year, especially haunted cornfield mazes.

Good luck on your project, Asp. :)

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
You CANNOT just announce you're going off to do this and then come back after it's over as if nothing happened. You need to tell us about it, and take pictures. Your best bet is to start a blog. By the time it's over I expect to see pictures of "customers" writhing in fear and having heart attacks over what they experienced in your Haunted House.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
I'm so used to flouncing as the title... When I saw "Temporary LOA" I thought...well that sucks that the person has a loss of appetite, but why post here about it? Then I thought about some of the other threads and remembered no rhyme or reason was needed. *clicky clicky*

Hope you have fun with the haunted house! You need some of those Madagascar hissing cockroaches. Those are scary. :D

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another plea for pictures, even in the planning stages.

I also hope you'll have a short-loop version for the little kids who can't handle the scares their older siblings can.

Maryn, who loves-loves-loves Halloween

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Jaycees are a wonderful organization! And I second the plea for lots of pictures! Have a great time planning the thing. We'll keep your seat warm for you. :)

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Well thank you ALL for responding. **Soccer Mom--yes the Jaycees are a wonderful organization. As a civic organization we give to the underprivileged, donate to cancer research, ect.**

As for the pictures, I'll see what I can do :) Not making any promises but again I'll see what I can do.

Haunted Houses (the ones that are built) are sooo much fun and a few years ago, we literally had someone crap their pants. We've had people pee their pants, run into walls, get chased by the chainsaw man :) Ohhhh...sooo much fun--I can't wait.

This year's theme is a Hospital gone wild with corpses, mental patients :)

It's only mid-August and i'm ALREADY excited :)

Take care and i'll be updating on this thread.

I do love you all--Bill

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I hope you have lots of fun, Aspiringwriter. :) When I was a child I went to a Haunted House run by the church I went to. I had a blast! In one instance, I was crawling through a little tunnel that looked like a ventilation shaft, and a couple hands came down from the ceiling and acted like they were strangling me.

All in good fun, and for a good cause. I wish you the very best with your project.

:)

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Wanna see something really scary?

Sorry, I couldn't resist quoting my favorite 'Twilight Zone' line.

Have a blast, I'll be watching for your updates, Asp.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whoo hoo! It's that time of year again!

Before everyone freaks out...this is not a flounce/bounce or whatever you call it :)

I'm in a civic organization called the Jaycees (they are worldwide) Anyway every year we have a Haunted House and now we're in the planning stages. From now until the end of October my time will be limited on here.

Let's see ... this is the 3rd year since I've 'known' you that you've done this, right? (I can't count - quit picking on me)

We've got some scary characters here - maybe they can .... nefvermind...:D

See ya on the flip side.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Have fun with the planning and spooking, AW!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey AW!! We had jaycees here as well, with haunted houses and Octoberfest--huge, lots of fun--Have a great time!!!! :)

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Kimmi. I'm REALLY, REALLY looking forward to it. We have our first committee meeting Thursday night and then we'll start. But actually we've already started with making corpses for our "Haunted Hospital" **evil grin**

I will keep you posted.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Here's a picture from last year :) If this is the wrong place move it to AW family album :)

0010rules01.jpg