Are You Creatively Fickle?

What other creative sport takes you away from writing?

• Drawing, painting or other visual arts.

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Music composition or performance.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Carpentry, landscaping, etc.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Culinary arts.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Other: please explain and outline how it relates to Dawno's sparkly ears.

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I go through phases. E.g. for a while I'll only write poetry, then I go on a home improvement bender, then I write a novel, then I do more home improvement, then I start painting again, then I start cooking a lot. Before the year is done, I'm going back to work on my sequel.

Does anyone else have issues with media other than writing?

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Scotch-writing-scotch-writing-scotch writing-falling down-writing-Burty licks my nose-scotch-burty poops on the deck-writing-falling down-get the picture? HIC!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nascar, football, and soccer all take me away from writing and it's clearly Dawno's fault. Her sparkly ears have hypnotised me.

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
I tend to go back and forth between novels and screenplays. (and not finishing either:e2bummed: ) A few weeks ago I decided to finish my novel and I wouldn't let myself read any screenwriting magazines or get too into movies. (this is how I end up switching back and forth. I have a short attention span). THEN, I decided my novel would be better as a screenplay, so now I'm avoiding novely things. It's tiring.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Painting, violin, writing. That's my creative side.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Cross-stitch for me (struggling to finish a big one right now).

Oh, and following SoccerMom's trend - NBA basketball and high school football/band shows.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Sewing, car repair, photo stuff, various little craft projects.

Wouldn't say that it takes away from my writing, but I do other stuff too. I used to draw a lot but I'm too impatient. Word-pictures are so much easier than pencil-and-paper pictures. :)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I can't even draw a decent stick figure.

The only other creative talent I have comes in the form of music.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TV.

What? It takes a lot of work throwing the remote at the stoopid people on TV and walking across the room to pick it up again!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Designing & making clothes, drawing, playing guitar (badly, but whatever, we're in the middle of nowhere), sculpting, cooking, painting (also badly),and, well, pretty much whatever the hell else suddenly takes my fancy.

Dawno's sparkly ears are part of my meditation routine.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Photography. But it rarely pulls me away from my writing. It's just something I do to unwind.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I always say I am first and foremost an artist. I will put writer/poet as secondary creative niche...but at the same time I've been doing a lot of writing and poet(ing) the last few years and absolutely no art(ing). (-;

I dig working out in the kitchen too...particularly exploring my favorite foods: East Indian and Thai.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I do write in a Dill-ish fashion at times!

Dillish as in Dill as in Charles Baker Harris as in Truman Capote???? Do you write it like Capote?

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Cooking and photography are where I outlet creativity when I'm not writing.

And storytelling with my kids. We make them up together. I don't write them down, once they're told, they're gone, but we have a fabulous time telling them.

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
Work - yes it really is creative. Just think of the bookkeeping I have to do. ;)
Spending time with my honey, and if I have to spell out how that is creative, well, then you are not old enough to know.

And of course it all relates to Dawno's ears. My man has a 'sparkly ear' fetish.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
I was just repped by a lovely lady who asked me how my post related to Dawno's ears-BTHOOM eggcept for the fact that staring upon her most lovely visage I feel all quiverated when glimpsing her ears!!!!

There-will that do dear lady?

A.M. Wildman

Tentenda via est
Registered
Reaction score
Scotch-writing-scotch-writing-scotch writing-falling down-writing-Burty licks my nose-scotch-burty poops on the deck-writing-falling down-get the picture? HIC!

You're really Mr. Hemingway back from the dead aren't you? :D

I'm with you there Storygirl. I couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler and help. For me my guitar/s distract me alot.

But since David's has all that scotch he may need some help umm... storing it. Yeah, storing it...

Last edited:

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Come on over the damned bar's open and I do not bite-well a bit and just hard enough for it to be fun!!!!

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Within writing I'm becoming creatively fickle. Often spending time playing with stuff that is a bit experimental, blurring the lines between prose and poetry, having fun really. It's been a welcome diversion at a time when I was not really enjoying my own writing, and it's helping me break out of a linear way of thinking that I had to write a certain way or with specific outcomes in mind.