PDA

View Full Version : The PMSing Ladies Thread

JoNightshade
08-16-2007, 10:40 AM
I can't be the only one going through this monthly ordeal of depression, self-doubt, and hair-trigger sensitivity.

I am soon going to be visiting the GYN to strangle her for not informing me about the "no period" birth control pills, but in the meantime...

Anyone wish to join me in muttering and griping? Or perhaps screaming and crying?

Please. Go ahead.

Angelinity
08-16-2007, 10:57 AM
heh, i gots good reason for worshipping ponstan forte! and my friends thank me for it.

mum23
08-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Why does it take 3 women to change a light buld?
BECAUSE IT JUST DOES OK!!!!!!!

I hate it too. Turns me into a woman posessed. No actually, I'm posessed already.

Azraelsbane
08-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Am I even allowed to join since I technically won't be experiencing PMS for the next 8 months?

mum23
08-16-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm assuming congrats are in order then Azrelsbane?

Azraelsbane
08-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Heh, yeah. Keeping our fingers crossed. :) Last time didn't turn out so well. This time we're hoping it's better.

dclary
08-16-2007, 12:43 PM
I've never understood this. Men suffer from PMS far worse than women do.

seun
08-16-2007, 01:06 PM

Yep. Bloody moaning women.

EriRae
08-16-2007, 01:26 PM
*gloves the bitch-slapping hand* Which one of you boys is first...

I'm with ya, Jo. I had to take 4 Advil (extra strength - the big ones) when I got in tonight just to keep from doubling over. The emotions aren't nearly as bad as the physical pain for me. They can't seem to find a pill that will keep me emotionally balanced the REST of the month, so I guess I'm just stuck with this crap.

CONGRATS, Azraelsbane :)

NeuroFizz
08-16-2007, 01:27 PM
To The Red Tent with all of you...

Devil Ledbetter
08-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Heh, yeah. Keeping our fingers crossed. :) Last time didn't turn out so well. This time we're hoping it's better.I'm wishing you a safe and boring pregnancy, and a take-home baby.

tjwriter
08-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Am I even allowed to join since I technically won't be experiencing PMS for the next 8 months?

Oh don't worry. You'll have more than enough hormones floating around.

*Thinks back to that wonderful day her husband said something harmless, yet he found her tucked between the tub and the wall, sobbing her eyes out.

Haggis
08-16-2007, 03:07 PM
*leaves offering of chocolate and quickly backs out of thread*

Unique
08-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I feel for ya. I've never had PMS but then again, I can be a beotch without an excuse so maybe I never needed it ... :Shrug:

Depression? Yeah. I read the news. That usually does it.
Pain - my constant companion. I probably wouldn't notice more pain.

Here's a big hug.:Hug2:
You can slug me if it makes you feel better.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-16-2007, 03:20 PM
GrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Try menopause.

Unique
08-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Nope. I think I'll give that a pass, too.

I think it's all the extra testosterone from the souls I've eaten.

heh.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Menopause, for you folks who'll never experience it or for whom it's a far-off-distant nightmare, is like a 10 year period... with and without the period. Sometimes it comes... sometimes it doesn't come. It'll act like it's coming and not show. It'll sneak up on you with a big SURPRISE! It's a real comedienne. And if you took hormones during, it's a joy. A joy, I tell ya. Menopause makes you pay for skipping the night sweats and the hot flashes. It makes you pay BIG TIME. ::sigh::

dclary
08-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Menopause, for you folks who'll never experience it or for whom it's a far-off-distant nightmare, is like a 10 year period... with and without the period. Sometimes it comes... sometimes it doesn't come. It'll act like it's coming and not show. It'll sneak up on you with a big SURPRISE! It's a real comedienne. And if you took hormones during, it's a joy. A joy, I tell ya. Menopause makes you pay for skipping the night sweats and the hot flashes. It makes you pay BIG TIME. ::sigh::

Lclary saw "Menopause: The Musical" in Vegas last year. Said it was the funniest thing she'd ever seen ever, and that I wouldn't get any of it.

rhymegirl
08-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Menopause, for you folks who'll never experience it or for whom it's a far-off-distant nightmare, is like a 10-year period...

Yes. You are right.

I tell my husband all the time, "You're lucky you're not female."

And he says, "I know."

Angelinity
08-16-2007, 04:16 PM
for us single gals is a great excuse whenever a troll keeps asking for a date...

"sure, i'd love to... i'm PMSing though, do you mind??"

san_remo_ave
08-16-2007, 04:41 PM
*leaves offering of chocolate and quickly backs out of thread*

Now, here's a wise man! ;)

thethinker42
08-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh man, I can so relate...except that I'm on the "every 1-6 months" cycle. No, it's NOT as fun as it sounds. My body's still fucked up from 12+ years of untreated endometriosis and 5 years of being on the pill (apparently the hormones and my system were not a good combo, especially with the endometriosis). Now, I get PMS, feels like everything's going to start, then it doesn't...but the yucky feelings carry over to the next month, and they snowball until things finally DO get started. >:( MEN SHOULD HAVE TO SUFFER LIKE THIS.

My acupuncturist has gotten my cycle more or less on track, but my last miscarriage threw it off again. *sigh*

Right now, I'm on week 6 of Cumulative PMS. I'm going to throw my uterus at someone.

thethinker42
08-16-2007, 04:54 PM

This is me flipping you the bird.

I once commented to my acupuncturist that men should have to suffer like this. He said, "I do!!! When my wife is in pain, *I* have to FIX it!" (Acupuncture helps cramps tremendously...that woman married a freaking Midol GOLD MINE...)

ccarver30
08-16-2007, 05:18 PM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/moontower07/thAvatar_23.gif

dolores haze
08-16-2007, 05:35 PM
My husband always delivers a bottle of Midol with the chocolate. Wise, sweet man that he is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midol

seun
08-16-2007, 05:37 PM
My husband always delivers a bottle of Midol with the chocolate. Wise, sweet man that he is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midol

Is his name Humbert?

KTC
08-16-2007, 05:40 PM
The PMSing Ladies Thread

Why don't you just call it the ENTER AND DIE thread. It would be more inviting.

dolores haze
08-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Is his name Humbert?

Nah, dumped that loser long ago.

seun
08-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Probably a good thing. He was a little odd. Young girls and such.

scarletpeaches
08-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I don't get PMS in that it's not pre-anything. It's during the...uh...time of the bad colour, shall we say? Only three or four days, but while I'm surfing the crimson wave I cry sooooo much, think I'm ugly, no-one will ever love me, I'm talentless, ugly, I'll never be published, ugly, can't write for shit, I've offended all my friends and they all hate me, oh, and did I mention ugly?

I needs me some Evening Primrose oil. Or vodka, whichever works best.

JoNightshade
08-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Right now, I'm on week 6 of Cumulative PMS. I'm going to throw my uterus at someone.

Wait a sec. Are you saying if I go on the no-period pill for like 6 months, I'm gonna have to suffer six times the PMS when I actually do have one?

::dies::

Unique
08-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Why don't you just call it the ENTER AND DIE thread. It would be more inviting.

He's here. Can we kill him now? Can I go first?

Hey, thanks!

***bitchslap-bitchslap-bitchslap***

loves ya dork

MidnightMuse
08-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm in ! I cried all the way from work to home last night. I think mainly because I discovered the agent who asked for Chapter 1 might well be a jackass - just my luck. So I figured I should just QUIT ! this is simply not worth it and sucking the joy from my life.

Then I realized I'm a couple of days away.

And to top that off, I think I might be early menopause. I've taken no hormones in my life, no birth control, but I have no way of knowing if early runs in my family or not because Mumsie and oldest sister got spayed and took hormones.

I just put Midol and Pamprin on my shopping list.

jennifer75
08-16-2007, 09:20 PM

Oh Congratulations!!!

jennifer75
08-16-2007, 09:22 PM

You gave me a nudge to get into this book. Suddenly sounds more interesting...

jennifer75
08-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh don't worry. You'll have more than enough hormones floating around.

*Thinks back to that wonderful day her husband said something harmless, yet he found her tucked between the tub and the wall, sobbing her eyes out.

LOL

Jaycinth
08-16-2007, 09:27 PM
STOP FRIGGIN'
PICKING
ON
ME!!!!!:rant: :cry:

thethinker42
08-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Wait a sec. Are you saying if I go on the no-period pill for like 6 months, I'm gonna have to suffer six times the PMS when I actually do have one?

::dies::

Not necessarily...I'm not ON that pill (and wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole!!!). I went on the regular pill because of horribly painful periods. I had 5 years of blissful, short periods. I went off the pill, and this lovely roller-coaster began.

Your mileage may vary.

Danger Jane
08-16-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm convinced that all my most important friendships have major rifts in them

THIS IS MY HORMONES TALKING

FISH OIL?!?! WHAT?!?!

AmyDoodle
08-16-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm 48. I got PMS and Menopause at the same time. AND WOULD SOMEBODY TURN THE FRIGGIN' HEAT DOWN!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Angelinity
08-17-2007, 09:52 AM

...for a minit there i thought yer talkin to yer harem.

oswann
08-17-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't know why Property Management Systems give all the women here such a hard time. I know real estate investment can be tricky at first...

Os.

aruna
08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
I feel for ya. I've never had PMS

OMG. Me neither. Are we freaks or what????

aruna
08-17-2007, 10:24 AM

I never had any menopause symptoms, either. Periods stopped, and that was all! I was 52.

aruna
08-17-2007, 10:26 AM
This is me flipping you the bird.

I once commented to my acupuncturist that men should have to suffer like this. He said, "I do!!! When my wife is in pain, *I* have to FIX it!" (Acupuncture helps cramps tremendously...that woman married a freaking Midol GOLD MINE...)

That's nice for my son - he is going to be an acupuncturist! Lucky wife!

rhymegirl
08-17-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm 48. I got PMS and Menopause at the same time. AND WOULD SOMEBODY TURN THE FRIGGIN' HEAT DOWN!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Oh, Amy, I sympathize. I'm in the same boat.

I'm giving you some rep points for saying this.

maestrowork
08-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Needless to say I learned to take a lot of monthly trips to the wild... I think they actually have those manly men camps periodically.

thethinker42
08-17-2007, 04:33 PM
That's nice for my son - he is going to be an acupuncturist! Lucky wife!

YAY! Another acupuncturist! :D I heart acupuncture.

And his wife is going to be one lucky woman...

EriRae
08-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Is that what I need? Acupuncture? Seriously, I just want a doctor to remove this damn organ and its two little buddies from my body and not give me a hard time about "oh, you're so young, you may still want kids." I'm 30, I know I don't want kids, and no kid is worth twenty more years of this shi*t. Bring on menopause. I'm always cold now, anyway. I think it's the anemia brought on by the hemorrhaging. Maybe once I stop bleeding to death each month, I'll have a normal body temp.

AmyDoodle
08-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Oh, Amy, I sympathize. I'm in the same boat.

I'm giving you some rep points for saying this.

I am SO sorry you're in the same boat--but all the same it's nice to have a buddy! I'm repping you back. I found that RP's ease the pain a little.

thethinker42
08-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Is that what I need? Acupuncture? Seriously, I just want a doctor to remove this damn organ and its two little buddies from my body and not give me a hard time about "oh, you're so young, you may still want kids." I'm 30, I know I don't want kids, and no kid is worth twenty more years of this shi*t. Bring on menopause. I'm always cold now, anyway. I think it's the anemia brought on by the hemorrhaging. Maybe once I stop bleeding to death each month, I'll have a normal body temp.

Acupuncture helps, I'll tell you that much! LOL

BTW, if you're thinking of getting a hysterectomy, read "Misinformed Consent". It's a good read before having the surgery; I've known a lot of women (including my mom) who didn't get the whole low-down on the surgery before they had it done.

Bmwhtly
08-17-2007, 08:58 PM
*wanders in*

Hi...

*Sees sign*

*gulp*

*Backs slowly away. careful to avoid sudden movements.*

Salem
08-17-2007, 09:01 PM
I never get PMS. (Or cramps!) BWAAAHAAAHAA!! *Laughs and dances through the thread* (But I'm sure I'll be paid back with the menopause from hell!)

Soccer Mom
08-17-2007, 09:03 PM
This is me: :Hug2:

This is me on PMS: :rant: :e2cry: :e2slap: :e2cry: :e2fight: :e2cry: :guns: :e2cry: :rant:

Danger Jane
08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
I had really bad cramps this morning and I hate having my period.

Jaycinth
08-17-2007, 09:09 PM
NAAAAAAAAGGGGGAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Danger Jane
08-17-2007, 09:16 PM
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

maestrowork
08-17-2007, 09:17 PM
:popcorn:

Unique
08-17-2007, 09:19 PM

Man! Reps for sayin it out loud even ...

And ya know - now I have a kid. He's cool but still - DUH. I didn't want any. Don't think we don't know what we want and if we change our minds later -

TOO FUCKIN BAD.

mum23
08-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Man says to lady in bar; "Do you fancy coming back to mine?"
Lady replies ; "I'm on my menstuation cycle."
Man says; "That's ok you can leave it here and we'll use my
car."

JoNightshade
08-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Ugh, I hate periods mainly because of the blood loss. I'm kinda underweight as it is, and I need those red blood cells to function properly!!! Every month I just feel so tired and light-headed.

My friend told me the other day that her coworker lived for 18 years with two HEAVY periods per month. She never went to the doctor until she went on vacation, and almost died on the airplane because of the high altitude and blood thinning or whatever... she didn't have enough blood in her system! The doctors thought she had internal bleeding until finally someone happened to ask her about her periods. Sorry, I just have to say, WTF??!!?!? I had two periods in one month ONE TIME before I was in to the GYN demanding a solution. :)

Haggis
08-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Mods! We need a warning sign on this thread. Something like 'not intended for those with weak stomachs.'

Thank you.

thethinker42
08-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Mods! We need a warning sign on this thread. Something like 'not intended for those with weak stomachs.'

Thank you.

The "PMS" part didn't clue you in? Or do we need to paint the thread RED to get the point across?

Now, unless you have some chocolate to distribute, go away.

EriRae
08-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Ugh, I hate periods mainly because of the blood loss. I'm kinda underweight as it is, and I need those red blood cells to function properly!!! Every month I just feel so tired and light-headed.

My friend told me the other day that her coworker lived for 18 years with two HEAVY periods per month. She never went to the doctor until she went on vacation, and almost died on the airplane because of the high altitude and blood thinning or whatever... she didn't have enough blood in her system! The doctors thought she had internal bleeding until finally someone happened to ask her about her periods. Sorry, I just have to say, WTF??!!?!? I had two periods in one month ONE TIME before I was in to the GYN demanding a solution. :)

I dealt with that for two years and didn't say anything. Why? I HATE DOCTORS. Ever had a male gyn? You know what I'm talking about.

College sucked because I couldn't go to my regular doctor and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. My cycle figured it out on its own, I guess...now I just have the hemmorhaging and the pain each month.

Isn't it funny, we're all on our cycle at the same time, and we only share the same message board, rather than share a room? They say co-workers tune up to the same monthly cycle, but...isn't this a little weird?

scarletpeaches
08-17-2007, 11:28 PM
It's not just male doctors and nurses who are snarky.

First time I went for a...uh...*whispers*...smear...the nurse said, "Oh for god's sake - what a fuss to make! What would you do if you were in labour?"

So I said, (scuse my French), "I fucking hope the midwife would be a whole lot more sympathetic than you are!"

And I walked out.

Well, kinda hobbled, if you get me. ;)

Unique
08-17-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't think it's weird. Sometimes it can be true. Not always, but sometimes.

Dunno why. Don't care.

(as long as you change to my schedule and not the other way around... )

kidding. i think it strikes a balance. maybe if the distance is too great (time wise) that's why not sometimes. but i don't know this. My .02

Danger Jane
08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Maybe our hormones are just REALLY, REALLY strong.

when I woke up today there was no advil. I was VERY ANGRY.

my anemic friend just about dies when she gets her period. poor her.

Unique
08-17-2007, 11:30 PM
I won't go there. I won't I won't I ....

Yeah. Maybe

scarletpeaches
08-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm not PMSing at the moment. Nor am I on my bad week. No, I am just grumpy ALL the time. :D

'Cept for today, with my new hair an' all.

Oh, and I've just polished off the rest of my chocolate Swiss roll. *burp*

Meerkat
08-17-2007, 11:50 PM
It saddens me that you ladies have such a rough time, and curiously, at the same time. So I wrote you all a pome! It's at poetry critique (password: citrus), entitled "fair."

Bless all your hearts.

Soccer Mom
08-17-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm safe to be around right now. Yup, the distance seems to make us all safe here from the dreaded cycle-sync. So today is :)

scarletpeaches
08-17-2007, 11:54 PM
I think thethinker42 would agree with me if I suggested referring to that time of the month as the time of the bad colour. :D

auntybug
08-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Why is PMS called PMS?

Cause Mad cow disease was alreay taken.

I don't do "that" anymore. I got "Spayed". Highly recommended!

Danger Jane
08-18-2007, 12:00 AM
PMS makes me want to stick my head in a bucket of ice AND I DON'T KNOW WHY

JoNightshade
08-18-2007, 12:03 AM
I always know I'm PMSing when I find myself thinking, "I hate everyone and everyone hates me and I don't CARE."

Then I think to check my little pills and I realize, oh hey, it's 3 days until my period.

Sophia
08-18-2007, 12:27 AM
I pick fights with menacing skinheads, groups of girl gang members and completely imaginary people (all in my head) while PMSing. I think if anyone in real life annoyed me, I'd go into hysterics, and then punch them in the gob when they started laughing at me. Followed by a flood of tears. I'm class all the way, me.

I tend to feel better and so relax when the period actually starts, which is of course what my body wants me to do... let my guard down. Yesterday, I was woken in the middle of the night by pain and realised that I'd had a ten-minute long cramp that was showing no sign of stopping. They usually last a few seconds each. Fast forward several hours, and that vice is still gripping on... Spent the morning doubled over and hobbling to the bathroom when I absolutely had to move, and the rest of the day miserable on the chair or asleep once lying down didn't set off the never-ending cramp again. Blaaarrrgh!

Evening primrose definitely helps with the PMS depression, though.

thethinker42
08-18-2007, 12:35 AM
It's not just male doctors and nurses who are snarky.

First time I went for a...uh...*whispers*...smear...the nurse said, "Oh for god's sake - what a fuss to make! What would you do if you were in labour?"

So I said, (scuse my French), "I fucking hope the midwife would be a whole lot more sympathetic than you are!"

And I walked out.

Well, kinda hobbled, if you get me. ;)

Ugh. As far as I'm concerned, if a medical professional is going to be fiddling with my hoo-hah, s/he has an obligation to at least be cordial. I had tell me I was fat, and then couldn't understand why I was...um...tense. (Unfortunately, he remedied the situation by putting his entire weight behind a METAL speculum and MAKING it fit...)

Is it any wonder I refuse to have a male OB/Gyn?

thethinker42
08-18-2007, 12:36 AM
I think thethinker42 would agree with me if I suggested referring to that time of the month as the time of the bad colour. :D

INDEED. LOL And at least that reference makes me think of Joaquin, which eases the cramps ever so slightly. :D

scarletpeaches
08-18-2007, 12:36 AM
I find female medics are often rougher. Men are scared of being accused of feeling you up, or hurting you, whereas women are just...bitches. The nurse I referred to in the post above was a woman.

JoNightshade
08-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Is it any wonder I refuse to have a male OB/Gyn?

Oh, not even any question for me. I've never been to a male. But females can be pretty jerky, too. [CAUTION: TMI may follow.] The first time I went, I was young and shy and totally intimidated. The GYN DID NOT BELIEVE ME when I said I was a virgin and had never used tampons. She then attempted to shove a speculum up there, and I started screaming bloody murder. I was like, "DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW?!"

thethinker42
08-18-2007, 12:42 AM
I find female medics are often rougher. Men are scared of being accused of feeling you up, or hurting you, whereas women are just...bitches. The nurse I referred to in the post above was a woman.

I've had one man rough me up. The one with the metal speculum...I ended up in the ER 4 days later because I was still bleeding and in horrible pain.

When I was in the ER for my last miscarriage, the doctor was not rough per se, but he was...well...not very gentle either. During the ultrasound, I looked at my husband and said, "I feel like a fucking finger puppet."

My first Gyn was very gentle. I loved her to death, and would still go to her if I lived in the area. My female OB in this area was fairly gentle, she was just a bitch...she chewed me out for not going to the hospital when I had my first miscarriage, and then lied to me about a medication's side effects. But she was gentle with the speculum! LOL

I can't win with doctors...*runs off to hug midwife and acupuncturist*

scarletpeaches
08-18-2007, 12:43 AM
A friend of mine is a virgin at 21, 22 I think. Religious reasons. Anyway, the reason is irrelevant. Her nurse INSISTED on giving her a smear and the poor girl was in tears, utterly humiliated and sore. I said, "They probably don't believe women of your age who claim to be virgins."

Even so. She must have felt positively violated. I would have refused to have it done, but then again...if I felt brow-beaten, would I have?

My friend said it took two hours to carry out the procedure. Poor thing.

thethinker42
08-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Oh, not even any question for me. I've never been to a male. But females can be pretty jerky, too. [CAUTION: TMI may follow.] The first time I went, I was young and shy and totally intimidated. The GYN DID NOT BELIEVE ME when I said I was a virgin and had never used tampons. She then attempted to shove a speculum up there, and I started screaming bloody murder. I was like, "DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW?!"

OUCH!!!!!

I was traumatized by a male OB. I know that sounds melodramatic, but it was awful. Even the nurse (a female has to be in the room when a male does an exam in this state) had to turn away (WAY TO BE AN ADVOCATE, YOU BITCH!!!). When I had my second miscarriage, I even told the doc at the ER that I had some serious issues with having an exam performed by a male, but he told me (nicely) "tough shit". That was really difficult, emotionally (which I SO needed on top of a miscarriage).

Ugh. I think men should have to have speculums when they have prostate exams. It's only fair.

One of my male friends was arguing that women don't have it any worse than men. They have to have "the Q-tip" to check for certain STD's, and they have prostate exams. I said, "Dude, none of your exams involve SCAFFOLDING. I WIN." He didn't argue with me any further. LOL

JoNightshade
08-18-2007, 12:49 AM
A friend of mine is a virgin at 21, 22 I think. Religious reasons. Anyway, the reason is irrelevant. Her nurse INSISTED on giving her a smear and the poor girl was in tears, utterly humiliated and sore. I said, "They probably don't believe women of your age who claim to be virgins."

Even so. She must have felt positively violated. I would have refused to have it done, but then again...if I felt brow-beaten, would I have?

Same thing with me. After the screaming the doctor (fortunately) said, Okay, maybe we don't need to do one now. But after that I developed a total anxiety about anyone even going near that area. She didn't even bother to inform me about some physical issues-- like the fact that my hymen was a freaking BRICK WALL-- that made my wedding night AND the following six months an utter nightmare. Thanks for warning me! Fortunately my husband is the best guy in the world (yes, sorry, he's taken, you'll all have to settle for second best) and the fact that we worked through all of that horror proved beyond a doubt that we love each other enough that... well, let's say that if we could never have sex again, we'd be all right. :)

thethinker42
08-18-2007, 12:50 AM

That's so sad that they browbeat her when she was already obviously upset. It infuriates me when people do that, especially with something so invasive.

Obviously we can refuse any procedure at any time, but it's often easier said than done. I've had to FIGHT to have -- or not have -- certain procedures...and that's very difficult with our culture of "LISTEN TO THE DOCTOR".

Unique
08-18-2007, 12:52 AM
he remedied the situation by putting his entire weight behind a METAL speculum and MAKING it fit...

Did you make him wear it? I would have. Like a nose ring or a tongue pierce.

Fucker.

Danger Jane
08-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Lots of doctors are dumb. We should kill them or maybe do their own procedures on them.

JoNightshade
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Oh, the GYN that tortured me? She had an assistant call my mom's friend to tell her that her baby (8 months pregnant) was dead. Couldn't be bothered to do it herself, apparently.

Okay, how did PMS turn into medical horror stories? ;)

scarletpeaches
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
I'd love to do a smear on a male doctor. :D

KTC
08-18-2007, 12:55 AM
I'd love to do a smear on a male doctor. :D

Let me be your smear campaign.

thethinker42
08-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Did you make him wear it? I would have. Like a nose ring or a tongue pierce.

Fucker.

He was going to wear it as a Prince Albert if I could've had it my way.

Unfortunately, he had me reduced to a quivering puddle of insecurity and shame that I didn't even make a peep when he did it. It was awful. (I filed a grievance with my insurance company, so I didn't just let it go, trust me. They investigated him and had a hearing with him; I don't know what came of it, but I hope it made his blood run cold.)

thethinker42
08-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Okay, how did PMS turn into medical horror stories? ;)

If the shoe fits...LOL

scarletpeaches
08-18-2007, 01:04 AM
If the shoe fits...LOL

...As the gynaecologist said, before being struck off for not knowing a speculum from his footwear.

maestrowork
08-18-2007, 01:13 AM
this thread is like one of those gruesome fatal accident with multiple explosions on the side of the highway... you just can't not look even if it makes you squeamish with horror....

thethinker42
08-18-2007, 01:15 AM
this thread is like one of those gruesome fatal accident with multiple explosions on the side of the highway... you just can't not look even if it makes you squeamish with horror....

Just remember this thread next time you have your prostate examined, and think to yourself, "it could be worse...it could be worse..."

maestrowork
08-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Actually the prostate-o-rama was nothing... blink and I missed it. The doc didn't even have to buy me a drink and dinner first. Although he did say I must be working out... those buns of steel, he marveled.

thethinker42
08-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Actually the prostate-o-rama was nothing... blink and I missed it. The doc didn't even have to buy me a drink and dinner first. Although he did say I must be working out... those buns of steel, he marveled.

You men and your easy healthcare...no paps, no mammograms...I hate you all.

Soccer Mom
08-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Golly, I've been lucky. My OB is very nice and has four kids herself. I insist on a doctor that own the same equipment I do. For me, going to a male OB/Gyn would be like a mechanic who doesn't know how to drive.

Danger Jane
08-18-2007, 08:46 AM
all of my nails broke on my left hand and they're so short they're painful.

This is my hormones. I should take more advil. Oh God.

tjwriter
08-25-2007, 12:22 AM
I just thought you all should know that I thought of this thread this afternoon, right after I thought about:

How nobody ever responds to my posts and they all must hate me.
How the whole world must hate me.
How my whole is just too overwhelming and I can't do this anymore.

Looked at my calendar and realized I'm due a visit from Aunt Flo next week.

That, folks, is your PSA for today.

:hi:

writerterri
08-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Let me be your smear campaign.

Did you just say smear!

You think it's fun to get a smear let alone deal with PMS! That stands for Puttin' up with Men's Shit!

I'd like to see a man get a smear!

"Slide down at the end of the table, honey. Now, spread your legs. This may get a little uncomfortable."

Then cram a foot long spreader up your...

I think I'm PMS'ing.

I should take my pills so my kids will survive this day.

As for you, Rob, shut up.

ChimeraCreative
08-25-2007, 03:52 AM
lol, I have three moods when I'm in the grips of PMS. Upset/sad, angry/POed, horny/horny/horny. My fella's very understanding but he only wants me to call when one of those moods arise, lol. I can't really say I blame him. ^_^

-An

writerterri
08-25-2007, 05:40 AM
lol, I have three moods when I'm in the grips of PMS. Upset/sad, angry/POed, horny/horny/horny. My fella's very understanding but he only wants me to call when one of those moods arise, lol. I can't really say I blame him. ^_^

-An

Oh, I just went throught the last one. Well, we did. :D

SinkFulloDishes
08-25-2007, 06:14 AM
She didn't even bother to inform me about some physical issues-- like the fact that my hymen was a freaking BRICK WALL--

I needed to have a hymenectomy when I was 19 after my first GYN visit (at the university's health center) didn't work. It still took until after my first son was born (ten years later) for sex to not be somewhat painful.

I've had women GYN's and male GYN's, and have found that it all depends on the individual's personality. Two of the men I went to (one of whom did the surgery) were wonderful, and if I hadn't moved away I would still be going to the one who took over the practice. My sister still goes to him; he delivered both of my nephews. The first woman I went to was awful, and a couple of other ones were also just not right for me.

As far as PMS, I'm right in the middle of it now (I'm in the middle of the start-and-stop game; let's get a move on already, I have to pee every twenty minutes!). And I'm one of the heavy bleeders, but I have to say, three or four ibuprofen do a decent job with the cramps, as long as I don't try to remain upright for too long.

I used to hate getting those standard five sick days at work. They were gone way before flu season. And in high school, I always met the sick day quota :tongue. My chemistry teacher - "Are you sick again?" Me (gripping stomach) - "Uh...yeah." Chemistry teacher - "I've got some Rolaids in the back." Me - Does this man pay no attention to his wife?

EriRae
09-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I had to stay home from work last night because my period just magically appeared. No PMS, just BOOM cramps and nastiness a full week early. I took extra strength Advil and made it through Saturday, but I took a nap yesterday and woke up with chills, then sweat, then chills, and the worst cramps when I should've still been properly medicated (6 hours after I took 2 Advil)...I had to scoot down the stairs when my hubby didn't answer my cries for help. He found me about half-way (our stairs are old and creaky) and brought more Advil and sent me back to bed.

:( I hate my period. Anyone want to experience my cramps for me?

scarletpeaches
09-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Sod off. I'm having enough trouble trying to deal with the fact I'll be a weepy, whiney bitch next week.

Namatu
09-10-2007, 08:56 PM
How did I not notice this thread before now?

Raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil. They can help. The tea must be taken regularly, although not necessarily daily. Helps me with cramps. Acupuncture can also help.

As far as gyns go, I found the best one ever in Atlanta, GA. I've never much appreciated the "how are you" question when they walk in the room after keeping you waiting for half an hour. I said, "cold!" and he offered me a blanket. He didn't keep me waiting for half an hour either, but that's beside the point. The man offered me a blanket! That is one of my most cherished memories.