For you James Marsters fans -

Reaction score
Oh dear oh dear.

Couldn't he grow his hair in again, bleach it and take his shirt off?

I didn't think he could look un-hot in any photo, but...

Damn.

I think he's off my fodder list now. But that voice of his is sooooo... :e2brows:

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, dear.

His 'Dear John' note is in the post.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Ooooh, a good excuse to start watching Without a Trace. Unless it's up against something I already watch.

As for the photo (*shudders*), it's a publicity still from his stint as Brainiac on "Smallville."

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, James is supposed to be at Dragon*Con this year. I cried when I read the guest list in my roommate's D*C booklet 'cuz I can't go.

Oh, & he's supposed to be in Torchwood next year at some point <swoons over the hotness that will be that episode>. Wonder if he'll speak with his normal accent for that.
And he voices Lex Luthor (versus Adam Baldwin's Superman) in an animated Superman movie coming out some time in the future.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
BTW, James is supposed to be at Dragon*Con this year. I cried when I read the guest list in my roommate's D*C booklet 'cuz I can't go.

I was lucky enough to see James at a convention several years ago. It was a total madhouse. I loved the experience and he was a great speaker. Had some good stories. I'll always remember when someone asked him a question about filming the near-rape scene in Buffy (episode "Seeing Red"). He got choked up talking about it. Made me want to jump up on stage and give him a hug.

And he voices Lex Luthor (versus Adam Baldwin's Superman) in an animated Superman movie coming out some time in the future.

:hooray:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, & he's supposed to be in Torchwood next year at some point <swoons over the hotness that will be that episode>. Wonder if he'll speak with his normal accent for that.

Never having heard of Torchwood, I Wiki'd it, only to discover that it was conceived in the style of Buffy and Angel. Ha.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Never having heard of Torchwood, I Wiki'd it, only to discover that it was conceived in the style of Buffy and Angel. Ha.
It doesn't really have that feel, IMHO.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I'll always remember when someone asked him a question about filming the near-rape scene in Buffy (episode "Seeing Red"). He got choked up talking about it. Made me want to jump up on stage and give him a hug.

*swoon*

I'll agree that he looked better with a bleached head of hair (and in a billowy leather coat), but I love him no matter what.

Though I wish those rumors about a Spike spin-off were going to come true; they look a lot less likely now. Pout, pout, pout.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Though I wish those rumors about a Spike spin-off were going to come true; they look a lot less likely now. Pout, pout, pout.

They're finally going to make the Ripper tv movie for the BBC now. There's hope yet.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I had read that too, but even before that, I had said that Torchwood was to Doctor Who what Angel was to Buffy. Buffy & Doctor Who are a little more fun & less "let's get to business"y than Angel & Torchwood.

Although I think that the whole "style of Buffy & Angel" that the producers were shooting for was the use of emotion (which the original Doctor Who didn't really use).