Metabolism!!! Calculate your Basic Metabolic Rate

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
So I need 1922 calories to stay at my current weight? Not that it really matters. I haven't gained any weight in years. I eat total crap, drink a lot of beer and do no exercise. :D

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
I eat total crap, drink a lot of beer and do no exercise. :D

...hmm... so when's the BIG 3-0?? :D ya know what they say?!

seun? seun?? hm, wonder why he took off in such a hurry... bet he's headed straight for the gym... and the nutritionist :D

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
happyhappy!! ...scorpio, eh?? now i know why you don't easily gain weight... yet ;)

A.M. Wildman

Tentenda via est
Registered
Reaction score
...hmm... so when's the BIG 3-0?? :D ya know what they say?!

seun? seun?? hm, wonder why he took off in such a hurry... bet he's headed straight for the gym... and the nutritionist :D

lol at 38 my metabolism is still screaming along. I eat what I want as much as I want and I think I've gained 5 lbs in the last 10 years. That's with moderate to no exercise.

btw my BMR was 1943.8 and my average daily calorie intake was approx 2700 daily.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this is so far off the reality that it's funny.

According to this, I need 2692 calories a day to maintain this girlish figure. If I ate that much most days, I'd look even more like Jabba the Hut.

Maryn, who bears a fairly strong resemblance already

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Supposedly I should eat 2229 calories a day to stay the same weight. Ha! If I ate that much I'd pack on weight like crazy.

I spent weeks keeping track of every bit of food that I ate, averaging 1400 calories a day and running 3-5 times a week and didn't lose a pound, not one little bit of weight.

Stupid calculator's full of it...

Reaction score
I've never weighed myself in my life. The only time I've been told how much I weigh is when I get my usual well-woman check-ups at the local surgery.

As long as I can pack more cake in, I'm-a keep on eatin'. :D

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
This says if you're a girl who is five feet tall and weigh a healthy sixty pounds at the age of 19, you need 1114 calories a day to survive.

Now it's saying the same thing for if you're a seven foot tall 300 pound twenty five year old man, you need 1114 calories a day to survive.

Reaction score
I don't even know for sure how tall I am.

I'm definitely female though.

At least, I will be after the op.