PDA

View Full Version : how many names do you have for your pet?

Mela
08-14-2007, 10:39 PM
I have a striped tabby. These are her names:

Formal: AmberBelle

also:

Amber! As in "Amber, get off that re-upholstered antique chair!"
AmberSmell: when she's being contrary
Belly: when she's on her back showing off - this is the one we use most often
Smelly: because it's funny and she doesn't have a clue
BellyFlop: for no particular reason
BellyFish: also for no particular reason

We just gave her 2 new names this week:
vonBelly
McBelly

there seems to be a never ending trove of names for her ...
I wonder if she secretly has names for her owners? hmm...

CaroGirl
08-14-2007, 10:47 PM
I have two small dogs, Teddy and Chloe. Sometimes I refer to them as s***head or pain in the a$$. Otherwise, it's Tedster, Teddy Boy, Teddy Bear or Tedders. For the female: Chloe Bear or Chlo.

Jaycinth
08-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Clyde (our cat) Black and white 14 lb guy.
AKA: Clyde James (his christian name)
C.J.
Butt
Butt Cat
Clydie Cat
Grump
Booflie gloop
Panda Boy
Mr. Panda
Merlin
Mr. Wizard
Mr. Chuckles
Stinkey
Bunny Breath

Boots (Our other cat) Tabby and white and will be 1 year old on Sept 1
Mr Doo Doo.
Duncan Mc Doo Doo
Duncan Mc Boo Boo
Duncan Mc Bootie
Mr. Mc Bootie
Bootie Butt
Boo Boo
Boo Boo Flex
Boobs
GAK! STOP THAT!

BenPanced
08-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Maxi
Max
Mr. Cat.
Mr. Maxi
Mr. Max
Maxi Moo
Moo
Mr. Moo
Moo Cat
Kitty Moo

jennifer75
I brought home almost all of my moms cats, yea your welcome mom.

I found the first one in a parking lot at the park and surprised her with the usual "I'll take care of it, I'll feed it, I'll pay for the shots..." but didn't. Hehe..

Anywho, I named her Lucy. First I based it on Charlie Brown's frienemy and her rough personality. This kitten was the devil...then realizing how devish she was decided Lucy-fur short for Lucifer cause she was just that, evil. She would attack the dog, attack us, playfully of course. She was adorably evil.

Then later on we started calling her Lu-Lu and then Noo-nooz and rarely ever called her Lucy. She's gone now, hopefully raising havoc in kitty heaven.

Her brother, Peanut, was also called Pea-nutty and Peany. Dot, their younger sister, of course became Dotty and Dot-Dot though I called her dotty-potty. Then came Andy. Again, I brought home Andy. Don't remember where he came from though...Andy-Pandy is the only other name he picked up.

Who doesn't have rediculous names for their pets. :)

StoryG27
Dogs:
Buster AKA Buster Brown, Mustard, and Bustamove

Buddy AKA Stupid dog, Nobody "No Buddy!", and Jack

Kitten:
Bagheera AKA Baggy bottoms, Road Kill, Buddha ('cuz he folds his front legs under his chest when he sits and looks like he is meditating)

Danger Jane
08-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Old dog: her name is Tosha. My dad hates her name so he calls her T bear or sometimes T Bearicus Unum, which is "Latin." When I was nine I called her the doggy in the red pajamas. Wtf I was such a freak.

Young dog: his name is Jack. We call him Jackie Boy which is pretty dorky and also LBJ which apparently stands for Little Boy Jack but I think of...Lyndon B. Johnson. I secretly call him Ajax because that's what I wanted to name him in the first place.

Rabbit: We call her Hazel. That is all.

Azraelsbane
08-14-2007, 10:57 PM
We had to give two of our dogs away, so now we only have Leia, who has no other name, but the other two had nicknames.

Bender- Bendy, Trouble, Doggish

Tara- Tara Girl, Raptor Dog (a yorkie that could open doors like the raptors in JP)

We also have a fish named Farnsworth, though he is most commonly referred to by all as Demon Fish.

jennifer75
08-14-2007, 10:58 PM
I brought home almost all of my moms cats, yea your welcome mom.

I found the first one in a parking lot at the park and surprised her with the usual "I'll take care of it, I'll feed it, I'll pay for the shots..." but didn't. Hehe..

Anywho, I named her Lucy. First I based it on Charlie Brown's frienemy and her rough personality. This kitten was the devil...then realizing how devish she was decided Lucy-fur short for Lucifer cause she was just that, evil. She would attack the dog, attack us, playfully of course. She was adorably evil.

Then later on we started calling her Lu-Lu and then Noo-nooz and rarely ever called her Lucy. She's gone now, hopefully raising havoc in kitty heaven.

Her brother, Peanut, was also called Pea-nutty and Peany. Dot, their younger sister, of course became Dotty and Dot-Dot though I called her dotty-potty. Then came Andy. Again, I brought home Andy. Don't remember where he came from though...Andy-Pandy is the only other name he picked up.

Who doesn't have rediculous names for their pets. :)

Whoa I'm wrong....my neighbor gave my mom Lucy, we rescued Peanut from my dad who doused him in flea powder and almost killed him, I brought home Andy from the parking lot....Dot came from a neighbors litter.

I had to clear that up.

sunna
08-14-2007, 11:00 PM
We have a dog named Rosie. She was supposed to be an Old English Sheepdog (think 6+ inches of fur), but she's a Border Collie cross instead, so her fur is mercifully pretty short.

I call her fluff, fluffa, or fluffadog; mostly as a reference to what we thought we were getting. Or dumbass, because she is. :tongue

My husband calls her the Old English Sneezedog, because she grins and sneezes when she's embarrassed or excited. (which is most of the time.)

Actually, come to think of it, the only time I call her Rosie is when she's been bad or needs to come here right now.

jennifer75
08-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Rabbit: We call her Hazel. That is all.

I had a bunny named Jefferson. Go figure. He was a black and white and lop eared. He was either potty trained or too afraid to move, I had him in my room alot. I'd sit him on the bed while I did homework...he'd drink my kool-aid.

Danger Jane
08-14-2007, 11:03 PM
I had a bunny named Jefferson. Go figure. He was a black and white and lop eared. He was either potty trained or too afraid to move, I had him in my room alot. I'd sit him on the bed while I did homework...he'd drink my kool-aid.

Jefferson as in AIRPLANE???

Our last bunny was named Nibbles. Nibbles got an infection and died when he was seven. A week later, which was Easter week, Hazel appeared in the yard of an old lady that does bible study with mi madre. Hazel is a God bunny.

I wanted to name her Frank, as in Donnie Darko, as in Frank is my best imaginary friend.

Azraelsbane
08-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Hazel is a God bunny.

*crosses herself* Sure Hazel isn't just Bunnicula in disguise?

RumpleTumbler
08-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Amelia

Fierce Beastie (pronouncing Beastie Bestie)

Wild Hyena

Beefalo

BOY! (said like Jackie Gleason did in Smoky and the Bandit)

Dirty Piggy!

KTC
08-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Firstly, her name is Franny Glass. (Golden Retriever)

Here are her 'other' names.

-Francis
-Francois
-Francis FrannyPants
-Francis FrannyPantaloons
-Francis Ford Puppula
-Franseteria
-Fran Franington of the Franington Frannys
-FooFoo
-Baby Girl
-GG
-Franified Franny
-Fransified Franny
-Fancy Pants
-Francaponi Macaroni and Bologna.
-Francis Bacon
-Francis Bean
-Francis Bean Bacon

ETA: That's just a few of the many.

MidnightMuse
08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Rumor (cat)

aka:
RuRu
RumieLumie DingDong
Snot Bubble
Booger
You effing piece of lard!
Ruumie
Bumble Butt
Dorkweed

His brother, Secret (cat)

aka:
SeeSee
Nipples
The Amazing Nipple Show
Slut monkey
Squirrel Bait
Sees

dclary
08-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Cap'n Bear E. Clary (AKC name)
Bear
Beary
Mother in law always called him Bear-bear
Friend calls him "El Chorizo" because he looks like a little fat sausage to her

And for the last several years, I've just been calling him "Old Man." -- He's 15.

Danger Jane
08-14-2007, 11:16 PM

Yes, because Bunnicula was from the movies!

Mela
08-14-2007, 11:16 PM
AmberBelle was mauled by a dog and we got her from the shelter - she doesn't have a tail.
I used to have KatieBelle - notice a pattern? I had her for 16 years and only invented 2 nicknames for her: Dippy and Little. She died in February.

Amber, for some reason, has caused me (us - my husband and I) to be more prolific - I think because she has more of a screw loose.

Azraelsbane
08-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Yes, because Bunnicula was from the movies!

BOOK!

reigningcatsndogs
08-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Herbie (brown weiner dog) -- Herb, Burbie, Burbs, Love Bug, Baby Boy, Undesireable tweenie weenie
Jagger (black weiner dog) -- Jag, Jigger, JigJag, Shakespeare ('is this a Jagger I see before me'), Tigger (top is made our of rubber, bottom made out of springs), Knothead, You stupid *insert string of expletives here*
Muffin (calico cat) -- Muffy, Muffster, Miss Muffit, PsychoCat
Benny (black cat) -- B-b-b-benny ('and the jets'), Ben, Benjamin (when he's in trouble -- most of the time), Benny Boo Boo, Shithead, You stupid *insert string of expletives here*
Taffy (my poor sweet very old weiner dog) TifTaf, Miss Taffy, Taf, Baby Girl

Chester (recently departed Bassett Hound) Ches, Hoover (he cleaned the floors), RC (rolling chicane)
Pajamas (cat - also recently departed) Jammies, Jams, PJ

So why do we do this to our pets, but not our kids?

BarbJ
08-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Five cats. Aside from their proper names: Fuzzy butts, Flea-bags, Pretty kitty, Nuisance, Pesty, Get off the keyboard #*&@%!, and sometimes just the plain #*&@%!

I did have a cat, a Siamese, when I was a child whose name was Gypsy Ting-a-Ling Tingumabob Hairball Boobaloo. The Gypsy part was from my mother, after Gypsy Rose Lee, because she shed. We called her Ting, which was just as well.

I also had 3 cats once over whom I put my fertile imagination to work: Cat 1, Cat 2, and Cat 3. The dog at the time was Dog. None of them came when I called anyway. :D

writerterri
08-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Thumper, Buzzard, Mousymoo and Saraphina

OH, how many names!

OUr bunny, Thumper: Thump, Thumper-licious, Tump, Poop Machine, scrump and Bunners

Buzz our cat: Buzzard, Buzzy, Buzzy McStinky, Fat, Fatso, TP Shredder and Dude you stink.

Mousey Moo: The littlest Wiesemeyer, Little girl

Saraphina my cockatiel: Sara, Mom's bard, Loud girl and Feisty girl.

Tracy
08-15-2007, 12:05 AM
Our dog is called Minnie, aka Min-Bag, Minnie-Moo and plain Min. By me.

My husband, who can't stand her, calls her Git-Bag. And Darth. As in Darth Vadar, because of the sounds she makes when she sleeps. As in: "The farce is strong with this one".

He also calls her The Terry, after the Viz character Terry Thickwit.

And BinBag, cos she's black and full of rubbish.

Vacuum Bonce (bonce = slang for head)

I told him once to stop calling her such names, as he'd give her a complex. He snorted. "You couldn't give her a complex," he assured me. "A simple, maybe, but not a complex".

It's a measure of how he loves me that he puts up with her at all!

ccarver30
08-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Anabelle
Ana
Ana-B
Ana-boo
Ana-cat
Ana-snat
Ana-blob (she's a little hefty)
Anabella-boo
AB
Newspaper (she's black and white)
Fluffer Nutterbutter
Feline
Baby girl
Big girl
Big cat
Bella-boo
Bella-cat

Natalie
Little cat

Guess which cat I have had longer? :tongue

auntybug
08-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Choc lab - Otter, Otter pop, Otter Jean - when in trouble

Dalmation - Dottie, Baby Girl, Dorothy Lynn - when in trouble

Cats - George & Gracie - Get off my chair

Chinchilla - Speedy - Speeder Von Speeden

Bunny - Hoppy - Hopper Von Hoppenstein

Paint Horse - Ringo, Baby Boy, Ringo Joseph

Mini-pony - Bruiser, LeRoy, Bruiser P (I don't know what the P stands for)
[yes - I added the P] Fatty Von fat fat

Quarter Horse, Charlie, Chuck, Ouch my friggen knees.....

Jaycinth
08-15-2007, 12:27 AM

I do that to my kids:
Daughter: Brandei

AKA:
Doodles
Boofie Baby
Ruthie Duthie
Thing 2
Dee Dee
Dee Day (when she wakes up)
Jeanie
Broccali 'Haid'
Brandoodles
Scrumpy
Scrumpy Doo
Scrumpy Doodles
Which one are you
'HEY WHO MADE THIS MESS'
I love you.

Son:
Alex
Xand-man
Xander
Thing 1
#1 son
Everett
Ev
Which one are you
"WHO TRACKED THIS CRAP ON MY FLOOR"
I love you.

Daughter has more names because she has an older brother. I did not print all of the names.

sassandgroove
08-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Leela is a shepherd mix. She is sweet. She is 6 1/2 months old.

Leela Dog
Leela Puppy
Puppy Girl
Leela Puppy Girl
Goober
Leela No!
Sweet Puppy
Little Leela (eventhough she isn't really little.)

jennifer75
08-15-2007, 01:08 AM

I loved that story!!!

jennifer75
08-15-2007, 01:13 AM

I call my son pumkin, pumpkin pie and charlie brown (again with the CB characters, must be a fetish...). Other days I call him much worse. See "I have a 5 year old..." thread.

Provrb1810meggy
08-15-2007, 01:39 AM
I have a fish named Bartholomew, but I mostly call him the fish.

The_Grand_Duchess
08-15-2007, 02:01 AM
I have two cats. Fats Domino and Mezzo Forte.

I call them call Fats and Forte.

Sometimes they're just the boys.

I do it to my kids too. Collectivly they're the Duchlings. Seperately the little on is Gummy, the big one is Stink.

JoNightshade
08-15-2007, 02:09 AM
My cat's formal name is Midnight, but he has always been "Kitty" and occasionally "Meow." He lives with my parents.

Can I answer this question for my husband instead? :) Apparently, lacking pets, we've turned to nicknaming each other.

His name is Kelson. I only call him Kelson when he is with other people and I am attempting to get his attention. Otherwise he is, in order of most to least common:
Boy
Boy-boy
Lovie boy
Bestest boy
My love
Lovies
Man
Husband

My name is Nikki. I am:
Girl
Girl-girl
Snicky
Snicker-doodle
Inky
Squirrel (rhymes with "girl")
Anything that rhymes with "icky."

We call each other "boy" and "girl" so constantly that I have to stop myself from doing it in public. Methinks our nicknames might have to change when we have kids or things are going to get confusing.

Susie
08-15-2007, 02:37 AM
I just call howie (he's the only pet I have 'sides youz guys) Pooh or honey. :)

reigningcatsndogs
08-15-2007, 02:43 AM
Daughter has more names because she has an older brother. I did not print all of the names.
Now THAT I get!! I am the youngest of 4 and my brother was the worst for names for me!! (Bratface, Shrimp, Marty Frank,.... my mom called me Angel though!:D )
I have one pet name for each of the boys, and when they are in trouble, the longer the name, the deeper the sh*t! (I must channel my mother that way. I hated when she did that!)

NiennaC
08-15-2007, 04:12 AM
Too many to count. Seems like I'm callin' them all something different every day.

Soccer Mom
08-15-2007, 04:30 AM
Heh. What does it say that I just read this entire thread.

Some highlights;

Robyn (mini-lop rabbit): AKA Robbin-Bobbin, Bun Bun, Fuzzy Butt, Fluffer

Valario (Arabian Horse): Stinker Pie, Mr. Man, Fat Boy, Rio

Dorie (Shetland Pony): The Princess, Miss Thang, Snotty, Punkin', Baby Girl

Abby (Standardbred): Abbigail, Pretty Girl, Sweetie Pea, Hey, Move it!

Dottie (Australian Shepherd): Dottiebug, The Rug, Dot-dot, Bug-bug

Chloe (generic enormous cat): The Snow Puma, Psycho

That's enough for now.

MonaLeigh
08-15-2007, 04:37 AM
We have a beagle, jack russell, pitbull mix named Speedy. We call her Speed and our 19 month old son calls her Peed.

DeborahM
08-15-2007, 06:07 AM
This thread caught me by surprise and ponder each of my pets.

Birds:
Babycakes (Cockatiel): Mama, Baby, or Sweet Cheeks.
Doodles (Yellow Collared Mini-McCaw): Doodlebug, or Missy.
Merlin (Nanday): Parrot popcicle, parrot stew, Mama's Little Noise Bucket or Rotten Baby.
Presley (Scarlett McCaw): Buddy, Batman or Vamp(ier) because he loves to hang upside down, or Pretty Boy.

Dog:
Maggie: Magpie, Magums, Sweetums, Mama's Dancer, Security Hound.

Cat:
Mr. Lucky (I've had him the longest) Mama's Lucky Ducky (which makes him purr loud) , My Little Pumpkin Flower or Seed, and Funny Bunny.

akiwiguy
08-15-2007, 06:28 AM
One, our cat Woodums.

TsukiRyoko
08-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Our cat, Kibby
Kibston -when he's being prissy
Kibmeister- when he's acting like a pimp
Crazy ass cat!- when he's zooming through the cat
You motherf&cker!- you can guess what situation this name applies to

Our dog, Sarah
Red- she has bright red fur, so yeah....
Sarah Marie- when she's being stubborn
The Jackal- she scratches her back against the carpet and makes weird, snorting noises and barks at the ceiling for hours at a time

Our dog, Joey-
Retard bubble- he has this weird bubble on his eye, so we use this nickname whenever we feel necessary

Our parakeet, Pippin-
Pippin the Piper- when he's singing
The Killer- we suspect him of killing our other 2 parakeets not too long ago....
Shut up, you damned bird!- when his chirping turns into prolonged periods of screeching.

BardSkye
08-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Oscar: a poodle, terrier, spaniel mix.

Oscar-dog
Oscar-puppy
Sweetie-Pie
Baby-dog
Little Black Boy
Kidlet
Beautiful Boy
Old Fart

Grandpa calls him Granddog or Osca-baby.

Frenchy, my cat lost to old age at 21: French, Miss Priss, Gorgeous
Shannon, her brother, also gone at 19, never got nicknames for some reason.

Jaycinth
08-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Our cat, Kibby
Kibston -when he's being prissy
Kibmeister- when he's acting like a pimp
Crazy ass cat!- when he's zooming through the cat
You motherf&cker!- you can guess what situation this name applies to

Our dog, Sarah
Red- she has bright red fur, so yeah....
Sarah Marie- when she's being stubborn
The Jackal- she scratches her back against the carpet and makes weird, snorting noises and barks at the ceiling for hours at a time

Our dog, Joey-
Retard bubble- he has this weird bubble on his eye, so we use this nickname whenever we feel necessary

Our parakeet, Pippin-
Pippin the Piper- when he's singing
The Killer- we suspect him of killing our other 2 parakeets not too long ago....
Shut up, you damned bird!- when his chirping turns into prolonged periods of screeching.

I call Tsuki:

"President McKinley"

Next week I'll call her:

"Chancellor Otima".

Who knows how many onions she may have, huh?

Storm Surge
08-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Cat: Lief
Liefy
Liefikins (not very often I swear)
Kitty
Stupid
Worthless
Dummy
Horrible
Beastly (my favorite)

robeiae
08-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Sweetie
Tater
Trish
Stew
Stew21

Jacob
08-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I orginally named him Nebuchadnezzar....wich was quickly vetoed by family and roomates- without my knowledge and shortened too.
2.Nebbas.
2. Nebba girl. (Lame) Its a dude.
3. Nebbie.
4. Cat.
Now I just call him Bob.

We just got a new one this lady abandoned him on our doorstep. I opened the door as she was setting him down on my doormat and she just looked at me all nervous like and held him up like a little rag doll and was like "Do you want this". I didnt really know what to do so I just said ok. I havent named him yet for now I just call him Orphan.

BarbJ
08-15-2007, 07:29 PM
We're all nuts... Fun, ain't it? :D

WordGypsy
08-15-2007, 08:22 PM
I have my partner in crime, a sort of blind cat named Petzl (after the climbing equipment...I used to be a caver).
He's known as:
Petzl
Bubby
Baby Kitty
Punky
Keypie
and my roommate calls him Dammit. As in "Dammit, I don't LIKE YOU! Quit rubbing against my leg!!!!" :D