How do you advertise an e-book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pryce

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering if any of you have any tips about how to advertise an e-book? I have my own website and I'm a member of clickbank, but I don't know how to drive traffic to my site, where I have my book for sale for $3, in pdf format. Is there a site like amazon for e-books or anything?

Have any of you faced a similar problem?

Thanks

AllieB

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.allieboniface.com
What's the genre? There are a number of genre-specific sites that have forums/loops where you can chat with other authors and leave the info about your book. Submit your book for reviews, too. to sites that are specific to your genre. You could join www.authorsden.com. There, you can create your own page with info and updates about your book, and a lot of people there are self-published too. You could, of course, take out advertising space in small niche magazines. If you're feeling really ambitious, you could make a book trailer (here's a link that's pretty helpful: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/154495/creating_multimedia_slideshows_and.html) and advertise it for free on www.previewthebook.com. Hope some of those ideas help. Again, without knowing the genre it's hard to give any more specific suggestions.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Amazon sells ebooks. Fictionwise is probably the largest distributor specifically for ebooks, but there are others.

Pryce

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check out those sites. Well, the genre of the book I have on the site now is a murder mystery, but I plan to upload a how-to book on screenwriting and film production soon, which is why I originally posted this in the nonfiction forum.

As for amazon's e-books, does the author have to live in one of the countries that have an amazon website? I know this is true for other products.

Chicken Warrior

Ahead of Your Time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teenebooks.com
This is why, even though they may not do a lot of advertising, per se, being published by an ebook producer is definetly advantageous.

The best thing to do would probably be to try to get your title sold through individual ebook stores, although bigger sites like fictionwise usually require several titles before distribution.

Also check out Readers Eden.

The problem is, most of these distributors still take %50, which is essentially what an only slightly-better-than-average publishing contract will cost you.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.