Where are you?

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I sit here convinced that I am the only one at work, cursing that I can't be in a home office looking out onto whatever pleasant scene is out my window - idealy a lake with a duck or two and an old country road.

Are you all out there, making your own schedules, reporting to nobody, balancing your full bank accounts, no worries, writing away, completing your novels?

Say it isn't so. Say I'm not alone. That we all have the same dreams of completing our WIP's and that we all dream of the day we can sit out there, by the lake, and write with no worries, no crap.

Are you the one that is fortunate enough to actually be writing RIGHT NOW instead of being in an office with hellish coworkers and an even worse boss? What got you in that chair at your desk by your window looking out onto your lake in utter bliss?

Last edited:

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
You're not alone. I, too, suffer through the daily bump 'n grind.

...That doesn't stop me from writing right now, though. :D

A.M. Wildman

Tentenda via est
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I could say that. I'm at home looking out on a pouring down rain. Finally some relief from the heat. My bank account isn't near full, but the bills are paid and I seem to have spent more time blogging and working on some articles than my fiction.

At least I'm not in an office.:tongue :D :Hug2:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on my deck beside the pool with a fresh cup of tea. The sun is bright blue and the temp is 30C with just a hint of a breeze. I am editing and waiting for the building inspector to come and do a final for our workshop.

Next you're gonna say this is your view from your desk...
631k1op.jpg

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on my couch, getting ready for my afternoon nap. Of course, I worked all weekend, so we're even. :)

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
Next you're gonna say this is your view from your desk...
631k1op.jpg
LOL -- I wish!! Actually, the view is of the garden that needs weeded and the buildings that I need to finish painting, but I got a repreive today because the local government official is coming by and I have to try to look presentable!!!! It's totally back to the grind tomorrow, starting with the always glamourous run to the dump, but I had to take advantage of today!

Jabs

'' What Knockers!!''
Registered
Reaction score
In my office. Getting paid to surf the innarweb. And all of you are paying me to do it. I love government jobs.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I am at work. I have finished lunch and I'm waiting on one meeting to end so I can get some documents signed...and for another meeting to begin so I can get bored out of my mind and get some sleep.

Recently my work schedule has left me wih no time..or on the few occasions I can actually sit down at home before 8 pm, I've been so stressed that I couldn't even balance my checkbook, much less deal with mutant aliens from the Pelouze Sector dimensional rift.

But the view out of my office window is of the woods and there is a rocky creek and a bunny (no bunny bathrooms in sight), and if I am real lucky, the heron will show up.

The view out of my office door is my bosses little granddaughter, being all adorable and singing.

And...after the consultant fiasco of last week...the stress sems to have lifted.

So, you are not the only one trapped by the daily grind and having to wrestle writing time out of the hands of non-readers.

Have faith. Have chocolate.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Hmm... I spent all morning on the phone dealing with lawyers, school board of education, that sort of thing. Oh, and I just spent $300 replacing my garbage disposal - in a townhouse I'm moving out of in about 8 weeks. Stupid disposal - couldn't hold on for 8 more weeks.

Oh, and I spent early afternoon arguing with the person who runs our condo association. Seems we have to pay their "maintenance fee" even though our townhouse will be empty. Maintenance fee - HA! For what maintenance, that's what I want to know.

I wish I were staring at that lake right now - if I don't have a stroke before this move, it'll be nothing short of a miracle! :D

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sitting at my laptop at my kitchen table, cup of tea, view of the woods, summer breeze drifting through the sliding glass door. I must confess, however, that I'm not blissfully writing my breakout novel. I'm editing technical training documentation on contract and messing around on AW everytime I get bored. At least I'm getting paid for it!!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at work, in my office, editing a previous two novels into one, better written novel. Behind me is a window that looks at a forest - occasionally deer wander by - I can't face the window because I wouldn't even surf the net on the tax payer's dime if I did.

I'd stare, mouth open, at the woods, with a serenly blank mind.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
That was a good nap...I feel much better now.

What? You all are still at work? hahahahahaha! :D

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in my office at my desk, pretending to be working. I do have a window in my office, but it looks at the bank beside us and an auto shop. Not too breathtaking. Although I mostly see their roofs, and I can see the trees and hills just past those.

Oberon

Registered
Reaction score
I am sitting in my home office, looking out at my swimming pool, which I will not use right now because the sun is beating down, the temp is somewhere around 112 and the humidity is also up. You can smell the rotting fish in the Salton Sea on days like this. I should be working, but the jerks who are supposed to maintain our website, without which we can do nothing, have messed it up and it's been three months threatening lawsuits to get them to do something. So here I am whiling away time I should use writing my novel. I usually write outside when the sun leaves, but it's been too hot even then these past few days. North is looking like a good direction.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Well, this morning I was at the office, training the second replacement for "me." So far, 50% of my newly defined duties have consisted of training people to replace me. And I get paid twice as much to do it. As long as these new girls keep quitting after 3 months, I'll be set for life.

This afternoon, however... yes, I must admit... this is me:

Are you all out there, making your own schedules, reporting to nobody, balancing your full bank accounts, no worries, writing away, completing your novels?

I am fortunate. View's not bad, either.

Reaction score
At home, listening to the p***ing rain outside, wishing I could get back to work. Yes, I know. I'm mad. But it looks like I'll be going back soon and to be honest, I'm looking forward to it. Cabin fever sucks and voluntary work + writing + trying to find an agent doesn't fill enough time these days.

*sigh*

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm in my bedroom...on my bed. laptopping.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sipping iced coffee in my home office. It has four big windows ... and a huge fireplace we can't use because there's computers in here. Lots of books, too many papers, and Pearl Jam. Lots and lots of Pearl Jam.

And a little pile of shoes under my worktable because I always kick them off sit Indian style in my chair.