Why don't you use the chat room?

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just curious. There are 815 users online here now and 2 people myself included in chat. The chat room should be swarming with activity. :) Can you please post and say why you don't use the chat room?

Chat Room

Or it's absolutewrite on Starchat if you have a client.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I've never liked chatrooms. People always want to know what I'm wearing, and then ask me to take it off.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, it's not a place where people are allowed to get raunchy. Sometimes things can get a little risque, I guess. But it's really another place to get to know other members and talk about stuff. Occasionally, people even talk about writing!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, it's not a place where people are allowed to get raunchy. Sometimes things can get a little risque, I guess. But it's really another place to get to know other members and talk about stuff. Occasionally, people even talk about writing!

I tried the chat room on NANO and found that everybody was either "idle" or taking place in "word wars" and stuff I couldn't follow. So.....again, pth on chat rooms.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Because sitting in a room where everyone's talking at once, and no one's listening is too much like real life.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
We are having a special guest in chat on Thursday, at 6:00 pm PST (that's -8 Greenwich, so figure it out, world-peeps).

Bill Fitzhugh, author of the best selling satirical mystery "Pest Control" and a new detective novel based on the alter-egos of country-western duo Brooks and Dunn, will be in chat discussing making lasting impressions with characters and characterizations.

Be there or be equilaterally rectangular.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Chatrooms give me hives. Too many people speaking all at once.

Yep, once more than a handful of people are in a chatroom it's impossible to follow what the hell's going on. Even yahoo now I tend to use voice calling... it just beats the crap out of dorking around on a keyboard all day.

MelodyO

Waiting for love on the web
Registered
Reaction score
Truthfully, when I first found AW there was a bit of a kerfluffle about the chat room, wherein peoples' feelings were hurt and misunderstandings abounded (I don't remember what the fight was about exactly), and that put me off trying it out.

They might have better luck if they had scheduled chat topics. Just a thought.

Salem

query-impaired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Being the scoial gal that I am, I decided to give it a try. I even installed java stuff to be able to get in. So, now the java is installed and I still can't get it to work. The screen pops up now, but nothing I've tried to click on will do anything. The page just sits there...and stares at me...laughing...