Real life 'he was just a regular guy' murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone remember any stories about seemingly normal guys who murdered someone? I'm looking for a story where a family man is found out to have killed people, and no one would believe it's true. thanks.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Are you talking about serial murders, or just a regular guy who happened to have killed a single person?

'cause I know two of the second type, but you've probably never heard of them. Oh, wait a minute, make that three. One shot his brother-in-law in the face, on purpose, and two others 'accidently' killed guys in bar fights. Funny enough, the only one who committed the crime with purpose actually got the lightest sentence, because he was such a regular guy and nobody could believe he could be so cold-blooded.

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for something about a regular guy who is accused of killing one person from his past and possibly one in the present. My mc is a 40-something professional male, with a family. He is well-liked in the community, and he's someone no one would ever suspect could be a murderer.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
byrd

there was a murder something like that in kansas. the thomas byrd murder--murders. i don't think he was convicted of both murders. he was a minister and his first wife died mysteriously, in a car accident. but the accident scene made at least one emporia policeman suspicious. emporia is a small town and nothing happened. byrd moved on to another church, and then his mistress' husband died under very strange circs. the emporia policeman always had the first murder at the back of his mind. when he read about the second murder, he talked to a reporter and somehow the case was broken. byrd would have gotten by with it because he was a minister and such a 'regular' guy. there was a lifetime movie about it. think kathy bates --then practically unknown--was the reporter. maybe in the 90's. decent acting. and it was filmed in emporia where my girls went to college. i am sure you will find info on it in the wichita eagle archives. there were several trials--s6 ps--like my old dad said: never trust a sunday school teacher.

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks s6! This is exactly what I"m looking for. I'll look it up:)

JoniBGoode

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone remember any stories about seemingly normal guys who murdered someone? I'm looking for a story where a family man is found out to have killed people, and no one would believe it's true. thanks.

Denis Rader, the BTK killer, seemed to be a very normal family man. Many people initially refused to believe that he was the serial killer, until it was confirmed by DNA. He was an Air Force veteran. At one time he worked for ADT Secruity as installation manager, which reportedly enabled him to get past victim's in-home security systems.

Rader was an elder in the local Lutheran church, and had even served as congregation president. He was a Cub Scout leader, a member of the Republican party and was elected to several local positions including the zoning board. All of this occurred after his initial murder. He also fathered two children after his first (admitted) killing, who were adults before he was apprehended.

Status
Not open for further replies.