What should be my middle name?

Reaction score
Most of you know my real first name is Nichola. Some of you know my surname (which I'm not prepared to mention in an open forum, so please be mindful of this...I've had people 'find' me online before and I don't want to have any more ex-boyfriends kneecapped, thank you...) but that's not entirely relevant here...

Because this is a thread to find me a middle name! Personally, I don't see the point of them. I mean, some parents say, "If he/she doesn't like their first name, they can use their middle name." Well what if your child doesn't like the middle name either? If they're that fussed about what people call 'em, let them choose their own name!

But that's by the by. When you see my avatar, how would you complete the sentence, "She looks like a..."

AND KEEP IT CLEAN, DAMN YOUR HIDES! I'm looking for a middle name I could repeat in polite company, not insults.

So. My middle name should be...?

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a stickler about rhythm, gotta say. Can you tell how many syllables are in your last name, and which syllable has the accent?

Reaction score
Two syllables in my last name, both of equal stress...perhaps with a slight accent on the first.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Two syllables in my last name, both of equal stress...perhaps with a slight accent on the first.

hmm.jpg

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
I'm a stickler about rhythm, gotta say. Can you tell how many syllables are in your last name, and which syllable has the accent?
Really good point! It's hard to put a three syllable first name with a three syllable second name. You need something short and snappy. And you have to be able to say it out loud to make sure it's not something different (case in point, named one of my characters Amanda, second name Lynn -- said them together and realized time to change the name)
Nichola Victoria doesn't really work -- makes your tongue trip.
Nichola Paige -- better and perhaps even sort of relevant

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking one syllable would sound good. Joy, Dawn, Grace, May... Any of these could work, depending on your last name.

Reaction score
Chastity is strangely appropriate to my life at the moment. More Chas, less titty.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
I like Eve, like Shady suggested.

or maybe Lee

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
For some reason, unadventurous as I may sound, I immediately thought Anne sounds right with Nichola. Nichola Anne Dundeeloon.

I looked for Scottish ones, none of which sounded at all right.