Status
Not open for further replies.

nancy sv

30 months on a bicycle...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
I've learned sooooo much from this site since I found you a short while ago!! I am truly in awe of all the knowledge here. I'm wondering about other websites with forums and/or info that might help me as I break into this field. What other sites have you found that you enjoy visiting?? Thanks for your help!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Nancy, you're fine. :) No faux pas. People tend to be pretty loyal. They also tend to kid around a lot.

There are other writing forums, I don't frequent them real often -- but I've looked in now and then. Writers.net has a forum. Speculations.com has the Rumor Mill. Lulu.com has forums for their writers -- and I know some of the admin, so they'll be exceedingly well-run. :) Sff.net has several author forums, where readers can interact with the writers (I usually just lurk like a fangirl.) There's not a forum, exactly, at Making Light, (it's a blog) but there is a pretty large and active online community, there.

Oh! ETA: Forward Motion! How on earth could I leave them out. :)

Last edited:

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Here are a few to get you started:

Backspace. The forums cost $30/year (helps keep out trolls), but there's also lots of free info and articles on the main page.

My RWA-chapter sister Alicia Rasley has some good writing info and resources on her site--check out the archive of Articles of the Month.

Also, check out Carol Kluz's The Writer's Resource Directory--a collection of links to various sites of interest to the writer.

I have some basic advice on my site, too. Much of it is aimed at the newbie wondering where to start, but I also posted the query letter and synopses for my first book, and just added a section on manuscript formatting.

nancy sv

30 months on a bicycle...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
Thanks! I do know that you guys tend to joke around a lot, but when nobody answered the question I started wondering... Thanks for the links - I'll check them out. I am writing a travel adventure memoir, so stuff in that genre is perfect, but I've learned so much from everybody that the genre doesn't really matter allthat much. Thanks again!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nancy, you're fine. :) No faux pas. People tend to be pretty loyal. They also tend to kid around a lot.

There are other writing forums, I don't frequent them real often -- but I've looked in now and then. Writers.net has a forum. Speculations.com has the Rumor Mill. Lulu.com has forums for their writers -- and I know some of the admin, so they'll be exceedingly well-run. :) Sff.net has several author forums, where readers can interact with the writers (I usually just lurk like a fangirl.) There's not a forum, exactly, at Making Light, (it's a blog) but there is a pretty large and active online community, there.

Oh! ETA: Forward Motion! How on earth could I leave them out. :)

Tch! I thought there was only one. AW rules.

Go Nancy, go! Venture onto the writing road. Let me know how it was, I've never been out of the house.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
You can take a look at Holly Lisle's site. Click Writers at the top and then scroll down the page. On the left you'll see Workshops with a bunch of links. She has quite a few walk-throughs and how she does it to help you.

There are lots of other links to check out on her site and she offers some free books to download.

Glenda

Registered
Reaction score
Nancy, Marlys has great advice. I write hers down everytime she post on grammar.

amber_grosjean

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amberrigbygrosjean.blogspot.com
I bounce around between AW and the forum from my publisher. Both places gives an ocean of information, both of which I enjoy participating in. All the other forums don't quite have the stuff I enjoy as much. I do make mistakes here but I am still learning so I'm glad there are people here who can correct me so I get things straight lol. We do learn from our mistakes lol. Thanks AW!

Amber

Status
Not open for further replies.