How many subscriptions do you have?

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I used to delete my old thread subscriptions every few days, but now I'm just too lazy and I'm letting them build up. But now I'm afraid my internet will explode and kill people around me.

How many subscriptions do you have and has it made your internet explode?

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
subscribing to threads is for losers. unless it's cool in which case i do it all the time. i always have and i always will and i have lots and lots of subscriptions...like a hundred. and i subscribe to some theorems too. but only the good ones.

oh, and food and wine magazine

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
subscribing to threads is for losers. unless it's cool in which case i do it all the time. i always have and i always will and i have lots and lots of subscriptions...like a hundred. and i subscribe to some theorems too. but only the good ones.

oh, and food and wine magazine

That sounded like a Michael Scott rant. Well done. You've earned one Schrute Buck.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I thought this thread was about prescriptions. I don't have either, but give me a drug anyday of the week.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
26 right now. It varies though as I add new ones and delete those that haven't had a new post in ages.

ETA: 27 :D

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
26 right now. It varies though as I add new ones and delete those that haven't had a new post in ages.

ETA: 27 :D

Finally! Someone else who subscribes to threads! I was beginning to think Mac gave me some kind of super-power that nobody else had. But I've been known to jump to delusional egotism before.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to delete my old thread subscriptions every few days, but now I'm just too lazy and I'm letting them build up. But now I'm afraid my internet will explode and kill people around me.

How many subscriptions do you have and has it made your internet explode?

I tried subscribing to threads a few times, but it made my email box explode (with notifications). Now I just try to remember the important ones, and check "New Posts" to keep current.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can set it so that it does not send you an email notification, then whenever there's a new post in a subscribed thread, you just see a link in your UserCP above your rep comments. That's how I have it set. When I log in, I go to my CP and see wazzup with subbed threads and rep comments, then venture out onto the boards.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I have it set up like Chunky explained. WAYYYY back when I got emails. When III found my newb thread asking how long I would be an Esteemed New Member, I got an email. It was freaky. Sometimes I get so stuck on just checking my USERCP I completely miss new threads, then someone will refer to one and I think, "MAN, I always miss the good stuff."

Er now it is 913. I have it set so when I post I am subscribed, no email notification. SOmetimes I post just to subscribe. rarely I have been known to subscribe w/out posting. And even less often I delete a subscription becuase I am just done with the subject, you know?

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Zero.

I just zip through the forums looking for some tasty threads.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
man how do you do that. I want to know what other people said in threads I've posted in.

I'm addicted to this place, let me tell you. I click usercp habitually. sometimes I mean to click new posts or back into a forum from a thread and click usercp. Sometimes I mean to click view first unread and click usercp and have to go back to the thread. ARGH!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Er now it is 913. I have it set so when I post I am subscribed, no email notification. SOmetimes I post just to subscribe. rarely I have been known to subscribe w/out posting. And even less often I delete a subscription becuase I am just done with the subject, you know?

Oh, good, I thought I was weird with 600+.

I subscribe to various challenge entries b/c I like to see the comments, and some of the general-useful-information type. Plus mine's set to automatically subscribe when I post, and I haven't gotten around to cleaning house.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm never cleaning house. It was a total blast from the past when III found a thread I started in 2005. I wouldn't have known if I weren't subscribed. eh eh, never cleaninghouse.

I am not addicted....

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
man how do you do that. I want to know what other people said in threads I've posted in.

I'm addicted to this place, let me tell you. I click usercp habitually. sometimes I mean to click new posts or back into a forum from a thread and click usercp. Sometimes I mean to click view first unread and click usercp and have to go back to the thread. ARGH!

Hmmm. Addicted to AW. Been using it constantly for months and still can't get the hang of the buttons. Just adorable.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I never subscribed to a thread before. I never saw the point. Words are transient...if I don't read them on the way by, they're gone...

OOh, Kevin. This could be a good poem.

I never subscribed to a thread before,
I never saw the point,
Words are transient, don't ya know,
I'm addicted to this joint.