Hurry up! Make a choice NOW!

Which do you prefer on toast? Answer...NOW!

• beans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jelly

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • jam

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • ice cream

• peanut butter

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • butter

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • toast

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Orlando Bloom

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • eggplant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • eggplant jelly

• Total voters

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Peanut butter, any day of the week over Bloom.

Hey, PB on toast was what I had for breakfast this morning.

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Odd survey, BP. I was willing to choose, but the insistence of "NOW" gave me pause. At first the choices were quite docile. All I'd have to do is select something to go with my toast in the morn. But then you say NOW. I don't do breakfast that way--bad for digestion.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I went for eggplant jelly. I'm always willing to try something new and it sounds good for me.

eta for Scarletpeaches: "eggplant jelly" refers to American jelly - your "jam"

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Vegemite! Where is vegemite on the list for us antipodeans? I can get through most of a loaf of bread once I get started.

Lyxdeslic

Laughing every time I choke.
Registered
Reaction score
Well, add this in to the top ten "Great philosophical questions of all time". :)

Gosh, so many choices, I don't know...but my kids are always randomly spouting the phrase "butter toast" in a rollercoaster-esque octive. (from some damn cartoon, I think. Anyone know which one? Seriously, I don't.)

Lyx

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Peanut butter ooh ooh ooh.

I love it.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So what's American jam?
From what I can tell, it's probably the same here. The definition of "jelly" I found differentiates between jam and jelly in that jelly has a higher amount of gelatin or pectin when it's cooked, so it sets more firmly than jam.

The "jelly" I think you're referring to is generally referred (there's that word again...) to by its brand name over here, Jell-O. This is the fruit flavored gelatin dessert, which is even thicker than the "jelly" we spread on toast, bread, muffins, and cats.

Lyxdeslic: the "buttered toast" is from Ed, Edd, & Eddy. The dim monobrow Ed likes to say "buttered toast" or "gravy!" at odd moments.

Odd survey, BP. I was willing to choose, but the insistence of "NOW" gave me pause. At first the choices were quite docile. All I'd have to do is select something to go with my toast in the morn. But then you say NOW. I don't do breakfast that way--bad for digestion.
Rich, I'm having you make the choice NOW because breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you don't choose as soon as possible, you'll be making the worst mistake of your life (I dunno. At least that's what I get from the commercials.)

Last edited:

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, add this in to the top ten "Great philosophical questions of all time". :)

Gosh, so many choices, I don't know...but my kids are always randomly spouting the phrase "butter toast" in a rollercoaster-esque octive. (from some damn cartoon, I think. Anyone know which one? Seriously, I don't.)

Lyx
According to my 10-year-old, the show in question is Ed, Ed and Eddie.

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
Anything as long as it's not vegemite! Yuck. My Mom used to eat that stuff by the ton and she swore it made her finger nails as ridiculously healthy as they were, but I couldn't stand the stuff. Aussie peanut butter? No thanks. I like REAL peanut butter!

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by jelly and jam.
I keep thinking of that song "Jam up and jelly tight"
So what's American jam?
Seriously, it's stuff that comes in a glass jar just like jelly. I think jam is something between "jelly" (fruit with lotsa sugar) and "preserves" (fruit canned pretty much as-is).

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No cheese? No hummus? No Vegemite? No honey? Hmph.

Cream cheese and Beluga caviar.
Oh, okay. Never mind. Case closed.

Anything as long as it's not vegemite! Yuck. My Mom used to eat that stuff by the ton and she swore it made her finger nails as ridiculously healthy as they were, but I couldn't stand the stuff. Aussie peanut butter? No thanks. I like REAL peanut butter!
I'll refrain from comment.

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
No cheese? No hummus? No Vegemite? No honey? Hmph.

Oh, okay. Never mind. Case closed.

I'll refrain from comment.

I will add that my finger nails have never been as healthy as hers... I have to resort to acrylics. Maybe there is something to vegemite... :e2shrug:

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Anything as long as it's not vegemite!

Wash your mouth out with soap! I can sometimes get through most of a loaf of bread when in the mood, with vegemite. Interesting thing, if I return home after a few beers or whatever, I often crave it.. the Vitamin B perhaps.