Hey KY/Southern IN/Southern OH, care to greet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
And anyone else close I might've missed.

I've seen some interest in the Ohio thread from people wanting a more southern locale. If anyone is up for getting together in Louisville (or possibly Cinci), let me know (PM or respond here) and maybe we can organize something.

If this thread withers, dusty and unloved, I'm considering the trek to Columbus.

Last edited:

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cincy is a bit far, for me--five hours. As much as I'd like to, I'm not sure how feasible it would be. I love Cincinnati! If I was able to come, it would probably be a matter of bringing the whole family. I might be able to convince my husband to take the kids to the zoo or the museum, or something.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I'm in SIllinois, so L-ville is 4 hours, E-ville is 2 hours, and E-lvis is just down the road at the K-Mart. So, depending on the date....

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I'm in Evansville, or rather around. At least it's where I work.

I might be up for some action since that's pretty close.

I am:

About 2 hours from Louisville

About 3.5 hours from Cincinnati

About 2.5 hours from Nashville

About 2 hours from St. Louis

and

About 3.25 hours from Indy

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I'm up for either location. How do the rest of you feel about driving, etc?

Here's a few Saturdays I could do it in the next couple of months. We are going to Europe on vacation in Oct, so unless y'all want to meet me in Budapest, most of that month's out for me...

September 22
September 29
October 27
November 3

I'm imagining we'd meet at a Panera or Starbucks, but if anyone has alternate venue suggestions, feel free to speak up (and if it winds up in Cinci, I'm not familiar with the town at all). As to what we'd do, let me kow if you have any ideas. I'm hoping our sparkling forum conversational skills would translate well into an afternoon of hanging out. Plus I think it'd be cool just to meet other writers.

If we can agree on a locale and date, I'll send an invite PM to others in the area who have chosen to make their location public on Maryn's list.

Rachel

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
if its later rather than sooner i could probably find a place to crash in louisville. it would be a few hours but there's some folks there i'd like to see. they might even have a boat by then.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm:

90 min from Cinci
90 min from Louisville
30 min from Indy
3 hours from Chicago
3 1/2 hours from Columbus, O.

By plane it's a different story.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I 65 is better for both quality and quantity of crashes.

Yes, but I've spent many a joyful hour traipsing up and down I-65 going to and from Alice Cooper shows! Damn near got killed on Watterson last June! Kentucky Kingdom sucked big time anyway.

Last edited:

SmartAsh

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in Cincinnati and would love to meet other AW members. I could also go to Louisville... most of my family is there and I should visit more often anyway...

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in Louisville

My 17 y.o. daughter is named Bethany. How about that Sam Watterson EXPY? Anyway, I have only good things to say about Jewish Hospital. They are a fine institution. There's also a nice store down in Louisville that actually carries shoes for my size 13 feet!

bethany

:)
Registered
Reaction score
Room two-hundred-something on the first floor
Website
www.bethanygriffin.com
My 17 y.o. daughter is named Bethany. How about that Sam Watterson EXPY? Anyway, I have only good things to say about Jewish Hospital. They are a fine institution. There's also a nice store down in Louisville that actually carries shoes for my size 13 feet!

I learned to drive on the Watterson, back when it was perpetually under construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.