PDA

View Full Version : Interviewing Robert Fulghum tomorrow - any questions out there?

CarlC
08-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Hi,
My name is Carl, and I have an interview with Robert Fulghum tomorrow. Any fans of his here have any questions they'd love to get answered?
I'm not looking for someone to help me write my questions - I have 24 already. I just thought someone here would like to pitch a few my way.

Also, anybody here have a copy of the revised/updated first book of his? I'm curious if he ever updated or added to his list of things he learned in kindergarten. The only library around here didn't have the newest version of that book.

Thanks,
Carl

Dawno
08-08-2007, 12:16 AM
What a wonderful opportunity! I remember reading that book when it came out. Have a great time, Carl.

(no questions - just excited for you!)

JennaGlatzer
08-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Congrats, Carl! Which publication are you writing this for? (I'd have different questions if you were writing it for a publication for writers, versus a publication for a general consumer audience.)

Mom'sWrite
08-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Does Robert really take a nap every day?

Where does he find the time?

(That's the only rule that didn't seem realistic for me. Everything else was doable.)

P.H.Delarran
08-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Congratulations on the interview-what publication is it for?

I have the '86 edition of '...Kindergarten', so I have no idea if he's added to it. But I am curious what he thinks about blogs. His essays are very much like amusing blog entries. He says in the preface that he wrote them here and there through the years. I wonder if he would have become so famous today, had he posted them as blogs, instead of compiling them for publication. What a shame that would have been, I may never have read him.

CarlC
08-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Hi,
Robert's new book is coming out Sept. 18th, and my interview was an advance story on the release, for my newspaper and for freelance submitting to stops along his book signing tour.

He was funny and talkative, kind and gracious. We talked for 30 minutes, and he only passed (kind of) on one question. I asked him what the lowest point of his life was, and he said it was too private, but he did speak about his life's highs and lows, without sharing the one low time, which I completely understood. Sometimes, something is too private to share with the world.

For anyone interested in seeing a copy of the story, send me an email at wordsandmusic72@yahoo.com in about 10 days when it's done.
Thanks,
Carl from Texas