I have a 5 year old boy on vacation between PK and K...

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
and I welcome any stories that would help me to believe I am not alone in my misery. Fire away.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
you should try having a 5yr old girl on vaca between pk and k!

..and a 2yr boy, and a 4 month old girl

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I had to take my boy out of JK in the middle of the school year and keep him at home because he was kicking and punching his teachers and classmates. From Halloween to March Break, I taught him his numbers and letters at home. He was ready to face his peers by spring, and everything's been semi-smooth sailing ever since.

He's sixteen now.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My son got expelled from Kindergarten for fighting this spring. He punched a boy who had stabbed him with a pencil for the crime of scribbling on his paper.

The other day we were visiting an Aunt, who told her teenaged daughter to button her shirt (her bra was showing) and DS chimed in with button up your cheese! :tongue

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, you're lucky, and ... oh man.

Keep them coming, I'm getting there.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Only thirteen more summers to endure, sister. Put on the cartoon network, scatter Cheetoes on the floor and lock yourself in the closet with a laptop. You'll get through it.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Hey, my kid stabbed someone with a pencil too. Except they were in a lineup to go outside, and the poor kid got it in the neck. He was okay, but boy, was I embarrassed. And as you all know, it's all about me.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I see you one five year old and raise you a six yo and 9 yo, both of the male persuasion. What is it about that Y chromosome that makes them want to beat the ever-loving snot out of one another?

:sigh:

School starts on Aug 27th. We used to have a back to school thread. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
What is it about that Y chromosome that makes them want to beat the ever-loving snot out of one another?

<Tackles Soccer Mom at the knees and gets her in a headlock> Take it back! Take it back and I'll give you your head back! Take it back!

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I've got three boys, and one heck of a "I'm a frickin' princess" girl. School starts on Monday where I am, but the princess and her little brother will still be home.

I'm trapped until 2009. Bite me!

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I have a four year old who's on vacation between P and PK, and she's been around her smart-mouthed older cousins all summer. It's rubbed off on her, and she's become quite the diva. PK starts Monday, yippee, but regular school started back yesterday, so she isn't around the cousins anymore.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all....nothing makes the pain go away faster than somebody else suffering through it with you. hahaah....

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I see you one five year old and raise you a six yo and 9 yo, both of the male persuasion. What is it about that Y chromosome that makes them want to beat the ever-loving snot out of one another?

It's because their missing all the important chromosomes with that one little leg gone. You'll notice girls, while they have their moments, are much better at behaving (really their just better at being mean and not getting caught). It's because of those extra chromosomes.

:sigh:

School starts on Aug 27th. We used to have a back to school thread. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

School starts here tomorrow, but, sigh, my children won't be going, they's all grown up. Although in a weak moment I did agree to sub again this year. What was I thinking?

I still shudder when I remember the year before the boys started school. There was no 3 or 4 year old programs back in those dark days. They turned 5 in Nov. and expected to go to school the next Monday. They were mad at me for months and let me know about it every morning when their dad and sister left for school, leaving the boys with Mom.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Man sitting quietly watching daughter play in sand...

Me standing, following, yelling, sighing, checking the time, persuading my son why we need to go home.

And then we get home...

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Run out of drinks and tell him that if you don't get some water or juice soon that you'll both dehydrate, get woozy and pass out. That's how we always get out of the park. Kid's gotta get thirsty sometime!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have three kids on vacation betweem K-1st grade, 1st grade and 2nd grade (girls), and a boy between 3rd and 4th grade. And they have friends coming and going in my house all day.

:Headbang: :Wha: :e2hammer: I resemble these guys right about now.