The last time someone wrote to you

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
No, I'm not talking email, text or instant messaging, but a real letter they had to post to you. When did that last happen?

I had a massive clearout this morning and threw out a load of letters from various mates that I've been carrying around for years. The oldest was from 1992. The most recent was probably 2001. I'm pretty sure I haven't had any personal letters in the post since then.
So, when did you last get a letter?

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Do hand written notes in birthday cards count?

If not, then it was about a nine months ago, from my hubby when he was deployed.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Besides bills... nope, I haven't recieved an actual personal physical mail ever!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
April 1st of 2007, from my Mother's cousin Linda in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. She has no computer, and writes to everyone on their birthdays, without fail.

Reaction score
I was thinking of starting a thread about letter writing too.

It's been years since I received one. Since then, it's all been text messages and emails, which makes me kinda sat. It'd be nice to receive a letter.

Oh, wait, I tell a lie. My last letter was typed on a computer and hand delivered to my house, does that count? About a year and a half ago. Anyway, it was from my then-best friend about...stuff.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
My grandma writes to me all the time. The last one was a couple of weeks ago.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
High school. On lined paper, folded with that little tab that you pull to open it, with "For your eyes only" and little eyeball doodles all over the outside.

Those were the days.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
High school. On lined paper, folded with that little tab that you pull to open it, with "For your eyes only" and little eyeball doodles all over the outside.

Those were the days.

Yeah, me too. I think I kept them for a long, long time. I finally got rid of them when we moved a few years ago. It was funny to pull them out sometimes and just read.

I miss getting letters, although e-mails are nice, too.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Just about every letter I sent between the ages of 15 and 18 said the same thing:

I can't get a girlfriend sob sob sob.

Christ knows why anyone bothered to write back to me :D

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get letters from my Aunt Dot and Uncle Bob. DIfferent generation I guess. I keep track of all my old high school friends with email now. It's not as warm and fuzzy, but it's convenient and I get lots of photos of their kids and pets, etc...

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a wonderful letter my cousin wrote me in '92, when he was house sitting for me while I was on vacation.

He goes on about how he accidentally shaved into his beard and had to cut the whole thing off, then he hung out in his satin bathrobe the entire week, playing my dilapidated baby grand and feeling like Howard Hughes while flames leapt from the fireplace and disembodied voices told him to Get Out.

If I ever find that letter again, I'm going to frame it.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
No, I'm not talking email, text or instant messaging, but a real letter they had to post to you. When did that last happen?

I had a massive clearout this morning and threw out a load of letters from various mates that I've been carrying around for years. The oldest was from 1992. The most recent was probably 2001. I'm pretty sure I haven't had any personal letters in the post since then.
So, when did you last get a letter?

I remember the last letter I wrote and sent out, it was in 2002. I didn't have a home computer, was unemployed and didn't have an email address had I had a computer available to me. So, I wrote a long letter. And I never heard from her again. Not sure which offended her more, the fact that I wrote/folded/stuffed/licked/stamped/mailed a letter to her, or the contents of the letter itself. Hehehe. Some people change, what can I say.

As far as receiving a written letter.......does a mass mailing count? Like, "Christmas wishes from the..."?

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
YESTERDAY.

I'm not kidding. My darling daddy sent me a real, honest-to-god, stamped and sealed letter because I am overseas and he is missing me (or so he claims. Ha! He is just enjoying being able to read all day).

But before that? Like, umm... months.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Yesterday, I received a hand written letter from my son who is on a mission in South Carolina for the LDS church. It arrived just in time for my birthday celebrations and was a beautiful letter dedicated to how I have made a difference in his life.:cry: And he meant it in a good way. He also told me how much he loves me and misses me.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Last week. My cousin sent me a letter from camp. I love her.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Hm, a month or two ago, maybe longer. From my husband's grandmother. Er, step-grandma? Well whatever, she's the cutest little old lady ever and I was instantly welcomed into her family. ::warm thoughts::

Storyteller5

Say something...
Registered
Reaction score
In the last couple of weeks, I got a letter from a friend in BC. We went to university together and keep in touch by letters. That way, we can send editorial cartoons, newspaper clippings, recipes and all that fun stuff. I write another university friends and my sister overseas sometimes too.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I got one about 6 weeks ago from some kids from Bosnia I met when I was in college. We write back & forth about once every 5 months.

-Ok, so they're not kids anymore. I'm almost glad they don't send pictures: I might have to admit it's been almost a decade since I saw them in person. AUGH.

Other than that, I only get bills and birthday cards in the mail.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Sssssoo glad you asked

just last saturday i rec'd a beautifully written letter from my whacko ex-duplex mate. it was on blue stationery embossed w/ her name. and it was pure insanity, although well written and correctly spelled. so unnerving to see thinking that is grammatically correct but laced with mind bogglingly incorrect statements. she cannot understand why the landlady carted off the antique needle point chairs and the lennox china that she had absentmindedly left in her basement before moving halfway across the state. one small inaccuracy: i was standing there when the movers asked her if there was anything to move in the basement. she said no. i asked her again. another no. now she is going to contact judge judy to get her priceless family heirlooms back...or maybe she IS judge judy. anyway that was my letter--s6