PDA

View Full Version : Entrepreneur Press or Adams Media

sgunelius
08-06-2007, 07:02 PM
If you had to choose between these two publishers for a business nonfiction book, which would you choose?

Donna Pudick
08-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Definitely Entrepeneur Press. They are owned by McGraw-Hill. My agency has had dealings with this MH professional, and I'm an alumna, so I may be partial to them. I find them to be very nice folks. Plus, you don't need an agent to deal with them. Follow the rules on the their website. They also answer fairly quickly.

DP

Lauri B
08-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Funny, I would pick Adams Media. They do a good job with promotion. I've worked with McG-H in the past and there was absolutely no promotion on the series I worked on.

Donna Pudick
08-07-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't know who the folks are you worked with, Nomad, but when I was at MH-Professional we started promotion the day after the contract was signed. Hundreds of thousands of direct mail, space ads, newsletters, and sample copies (bound page proofs) went out months and months before p-date. Even when we pitched another book on the same subject, we managed to include the up-and-coming books in a another brochure or booklet in the same package.

I also liked the folks. They were friendly and helpful.

Don't know about the other divisions.

dp

Lauri B
08-07-2007, 09:24 PM
I wish you'd been in charge of my books!