You're All as Boring as Bat...

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
So prove me wrong.

Apart from writing, what interesting things have you done lately.

Ie. Bungee jumped, found a bargain at the two dollar shop, watched your child score a goal in the big game. You know what I mean.

Must be something else that keeps you ticking.

Are you really boring?

JJ

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Sensational. I'm glad you waited until I posted this thread before you told everyone. What great news. What did the significant other say?

JJ

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
What did the significant other say?

JJ

He is excited and hopeful. We lost a baby about 2 years ago, and while this pretty much kills my chances for Beijing, we just really want a baby. He doesn't know about it yet (ugh, don't tell that I spilled to AW first!). He is in Atlanta being a temp manager at one of their Apple stores during tax free week. I sent him a text to call me, but he must be busy.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
He is excited and hopeful. We lost a baby about 2 years ago, and while this pretty much kills my chances for Beijing, we just really want a baby. He doesn't know about it yet (ugh, don't tell that I spilled to AW first!). He is in Atlanta being a temp manager at one of their Apple stores during tax free week. I sent him a text to call me, but he must be busy.

Wow. You must be so excited. I was overseas (I think) when I found out that my wife was pregnant with the first one. Been away for six months when she rang to say she was three months pregnant.

Robbie, okay what king of bug?

JJ

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
I took my seventh to the ER last night, have decided to wean the 8th as a result, as I can't nurse and nursemaid a broken colar bone at the same time. I also cancelled plans to go to a family wedding next weekend because of the same injury to my toddler, which meant cancelling a six hour road trip for a four day stay at a hotel and a visit to Niagra Falls. Could I please be boring? Please?

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Today has already been super exciting. So far I've gotten up, had two cups of instant decaf coffee, mmmmm. I have squashed my fierce beastie into the sofa on numerous occasions and played "fetch the tennis ball but don't bring it back because you want me to chase you." I have brushed my teeth. Just after pressing "post quick reply" I will be getting into the shower. Then I'm going to get some breakfast, get a haircut, take clothes to the cleaners, go grocery shopping, and then I'm off to the dog park. Could life be any more exciting?

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Today has already been super exciting. So far I've gotten up, had two cups of instant decaf coffee, mmmmm. I have squashed my fierce beastie into the sofa on numerous occasions and played "fetch the tennis ball but don't bring it back because you want me to chase you." I have brushed my teeth. Just after pressing "post quick reply" I will be getting into the shower. Then I'm going to get some breakfast, get a haircut, take clothes to the cleaners, go grocery shopping, and then I'm off to the dog park. Could life be any more exciting?

Sounds like a routine there, mate. Now if you had of said that you brushed your teeth with the opposite hand, we'll think that exciting.

JJ

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I went scuba diving with sharks. Just a routine kinda night.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I had pizza for breakfast, after a 12-hour nap. Yep, hubby managed the kids while I went to bed at *gasp* 7:30 last night.

Oh, wait. That's boring. Or slothful.

Okay! I sinned. How's that for exciting? :)

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Sloth is the MOST BORINGEST sin.

I got to talk to the department of homeland security because I lost a ring when I was going through security at O'Hare. Have to call them back.

also I litsen to a lot of jefferson airplane

Salem

query-impaired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I worked until 10:30 last night (terribly boring) but when I got home I went for a midnight swim. It's not the most exciting thing, but it's so relaxing to float on your back and stare up at the star. (No, I didn't leave out the "s" at the end of star--I live in Southern California.)

However, I did see something interesting. A fight broke out between two customers right in front of the makeup counter I work at. It was really crowded and they were both trying to look at the lipstick unit and got into a screaming and shoving match over who was there first.

Prior to that stellar day yesterday, I have actually bunji jumped twice, done makeup for the Gene Simmons show, been on four episodes of Days Of Our Lives, and helped smuggle a stolen Mercedes into Mexico (unknowingly, of course).

Last edited:

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
I built an electric fence this week, did some wiring in the shed, drew up the designs for the new deck, fish pond and gazebo, and taught my koi to 'give me kisses' on the hand when they want to eat -- someone has to kiss me. Oh, and I scraped a dead bat off the siding of the garage.
Hell, I really really am bloody boring!!!!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Well the most exciting thing I've done lately was stop for a couple hours and help a homeless woman who was freaking out. I... don't usually do these things. Well, I did do it, so I guess maybe I do.

Before that... oh yeah, before that we went to Disneyland! I love Disneyland!

Before that... my dad (who is seriously invincible) had a heart attack. I don't need my life to be that exciting, thanks.

Before that... my (newly purchased old) car broke down and on his way to rescue me, my husband crashed our other car and totaled it so for a while we had 0.5 cars. Getting home after that incident was... interesting. But we got mine fixed so now we just have the one. :)

How far shall I go back? :)

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS to Azraelsbane! A good friend of mine has been trying to get pregnant for 2 years and lost a pregnancy a year ago, so I've seen how that goes. Anyways I wish you the best this time around! Yay, babies! I'm glad other people have them, and not me! (For now, anyway...)