MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Just once. Normally I would just give someone a positive rep but tell them I disagree or that they're being a jerk. I'm too afraid they might give me a neg rep back! :)

Someone has to be behaving like a complete asshat for me to neg rep them.

Reaction score
I have neg-repped two people.

One was someone who is a regular poster here; I immediately felt bad about it and pos-repped them for another post, or PM'd them, I can't remember. It was a silly difference of personalities.

The other person seems to have disappeared from these boards. They took against something I said and neg-repped me for every post I made in a particular thread. So I did the same to him/her. Luckily, SHITLOADS of friends here pos-repped me, so not only were my neg-reps cancelled out, but I ended up about 20 points to the good by the time the thread died out. I was going to delete my posts in that thread but decided not to, as it would also have deleted all the pos-reps I received from all you good, good people.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I have done it to people a couple of times. I do it when someone is being really nasty or offensive or clearly just being an ass. I usually say something like "Calm down."

There was some guy here who I haven't seen since, although he narrowly missed being banned, who was just bashing everyone who had been nice enough to give his story a critique/review. He got a negative rep point from me.

Incidentally, how do you tell on your little rep point list whether a point is negative or positive? Is it all red if it's negative? (Please don't feel like you have to neg rep me to demonstrate...)

Reaction score
You hover the mouse just to the left of the thread title on your rep points list, right click, then click on 'properties'. It should then show up whether it's a pos_rep.gif or neg_rep.gif.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've had the nerve to neg-rep a sage here. Sages can be ass-hats, too. This particular post belittled a person and I don't give a flying, er, doughnut who you are or what you've sold, that's just plain nasty and I won't let it go unchallenged.

Mostly I feel free to speak my mind publicly rather than neg rep. A great many people actually apologize, publicly or by PM, for getting so heated up they spoke rashly. I tell them it's okay, we all get mad, but that learning to think before you speak is a skill worth having.

God, I'm such a mom!

Maryn, unrepentant mom

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
No, despite mighty temptation.
I haven't either, but man, the temptation is sometimes overwhelming. Instead, I give the person a hard time on the open boards.

I've been neg-repped a few times. I gave each person a positive one in return. I especially like a positive rep that comes with a negative reaction. "WTF are you talking about? Are you drunk again? You're an idiot sometimes." And then they leave behind a frowny face for good measure. :)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'll probably neg-rep you for not searching the archives for the last 8 "have you ever neg-repped someone" threads.

Reaction score
I apologise for crashing this site every time I load up my user control panel. :D

Reaction score
"If you don't have a postive rep point to leave, then leave no rep point at all."
Mother Thrilly
'98

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
No, but I'm sorely tempted on a regular basis.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
No. The guilt would crush me.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
I am sorely boils on me bum-but for sure negative reps are built out of stamina and hard work so if deserved then smash the poop hayds I say-smash em to itheyreenies-so sayeth the Dave and so it shall be-now and forever plush-sofa-more!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I'll probably neg-rep you for not searching the archives for the last 8 "have you ever neg-repped someone" threads.

It's a test, Deek. Like the MMPI. The same question keeps getting asked so we can tell when folks are lying. When it's all said and done around here, someone will tally up the scores, subtract the lies, divide by the number of posts and give us an 'AW Quotient' before we're sent on our merry ways.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I've never done it - and honestly, it's because until now, I've never thought to - how's that for a blonde-moment. Duh. I've only ever argued with one person, and s/he got banned almost immediately. Other than a few heated debates that ended friendly, I don't have a problem with anyone and (I hope) it doesn't seem like anyone's got a problem with me.

Now, positive reps on the other hand... I looooove repping positively! :D

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Well, here it is again, and, to my eternal shame I must admit, yes, I neg repped one person.

Mac.

I didn't know who she was at the time, I thought she was a he, I thought she seemed mighty bossy (didn't know she owned the place), and on and on for excuses.

So, moral of the story, don't neg rep anyone.

You might have to fess us to your stupidity every time one of these neg rep threads starts. For all eternity.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Well, here it is again, and, to my eternal shame I must admit, yes, I neg repped one person.

Mac.
Mac who?

Oh, that Mac. Well, she's tough as nails and doesn't let anything negative get to her...much.

It's pretty funny though, when you think about it. I'll bet she respects you for it! :D