Querying with Pseudonym

Status
Not open for further replies.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
If you want to use a pseudonym for your work, should you query with it or just use your real name to query and ask about the pseudonym later?

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Name

If you want to use a pseudonym for your work, should you query with it or just use your real name to query and ask about the pseudonym later?

Query with your real name. You don't even have to ask about a pseudonym. Just type the pseudonym you want to use under the title of the story, and that's the name that will appear in the byline.

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
For Evernight, I queried under my real name and only settled on the pseudonym later. The publisher had no problem with that. Soon I'll be trying to branch into a new genre with a new pseud; I'll have to ask my agent how best to handle it!

AllieB

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.allieboniface.com
I signed my query letters in this fashion:

"Sincerely, Susie Smith (writing under the pen name Suzanne Spectacular)"

It was never any kind of problem; when it came to signing contracts and publishers' info sheets there was always a space for "Legal Name" and "Pseudonym."

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Contract

I signed my query letters in this fashion:

"Sincerely, Susie Smith (writing under the pen name Suzanne Spectacular)"

It was never any kind of problem; when it came to signing contracts and publishers' info sheets there was always a space for "Legal Name" and "Pseudonym."

Interesting. I've never seen a contract where the writer had to sign his pseudonym.

Status
Not open for further replies.