Limyaael's Rants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Esther

I can say the alphabet backwards!
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone read Limyaael's Rants?

I read a lot of the posts, and found them very helpful when writing my WIP. The posts deal with cliches and ways to avoid very bad fiction writing.

If you haven't read them, you should take a look.

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
I love Limyaael's rants. I discovered her right after NaNoWriMo. She's so funny and helpful...and always right on mark.

Cygnea

Registered
Reaction score
I actually discovered them shortly before joining the forums here and thought they made for great reads because they got me thinking and made me want to sit down and write something.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
The amnesia one was killer. I HATE it when authors use amnesia over and over and OVER again. I mean, am I reading a novel or watching a daytime soap?

Maybe you're supposed to forget each use of amnesia before the next one pops up...

What's a Limyaael and what makes them such an expert on things?

Who says she needs to be an expert - just someone who's read a bucket load of fantasy and knows what she doesn't like. As she readily admits - you don't have to agree with her.

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
She's funny.

And when you read, you sit nodding and smiling, going, "uh-huh, that's it exactly." Well, I do.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Rants

She's funny, and she makes some good points. But if you listen to her, getting published is unlikely. She makes as many bad points as good ones, and confuses her taste with what can be very good writing.

Mel

Never be completely back to normal.
Registered
Reaction score
Ahem, my male MC has amnesia. Caused from crashing a ship. It's not the main plot by any means and he has much, much more to deal with than worrying about it all the time. He knows who he is and retains his lovable witty self, much to the annoyance of the female MC.

Oddsocks

Registered
Reaction score
I've been reading those for ages - very useful reading. I drop in most days to see if she's added another.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Ahem, my male MC has amnesia. Caused from crashing a ship. It's not the main plot by any means and he has much, much more to deal with than worrying about it all the time. He knows who he is and retains his lovable witty self, much to the annoyance of the female MC.

One bout of amnesia is fine if put to good use, but there are several authors who seem to have a very limited bag of tricks. ::cough:: Terry Goodkind ::cough:: I stopped reading the Sword of Truth series several books back, but from what I hear he's still going strong with amnesia and missing persons reports.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Who says she needs to be an expert - just someone who's read a bucket load of fantasy and knows what she doesn't like.
So she's no different from a million other bloggers than?
As she readily admits - you don't have to agree with her.
Actually, I'm just not a fan of snarkyness.

Status
Not open for further replies.