dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I have no idea what that is, but supposedly you collect faces or friends or some such.

If you have a facebook account, add me to your friends list, or whatever that is.

This intermanet thingy is neato!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Really? 13 of me?
Lemme see how I can tell which one is me.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Which network are you in...we can narrow the search that way...

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Jesus I'm ugly in all of my iterations.

Ok, I'm the "dave clary" in "los angeles, ca" -- and currently I show up at the top of the list when I search for dave clary.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Seriously... 13 dave clarys in the facebook universe and we're ALL butt-ass ugly. That's some karmic beatdown going on there.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Ok, I added a picture to make it easier on everyone. If you search for dave clary, I'm the one with half a face and an eye looking away into the woods, like this:

daveeye2.jpg

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I guess that's really more 1/3 of a face, and not a half. I hope there's enough of it there to qualify to be in facebook.

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry, my facebook picture is just an eye, so if we had a facebook-face-percentage battle, you'd win.

I rarely visit facebook anymore, and it still strikes me as insanely odd it's not just smallish college-bound site. It's becoming the new myspace! Dun dun duuuuun When I joined it was only for people who had a college email address from one of a list of validated schools. Facebook enlisted member help to add new colleges. We used facebook to stalk people at our schools, and to communicate with people in our classes. Now it's getting really popular. Which is too bad, because collecting faces is probably illegal and someone will catch on.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Don't worry, my facebook picture is just an eye, so if we had a facebook-face-percentage battle, you'd win.

I rarely visit facebook anymore, and it still strikes me as insanely odd it's not just smallish college-bound site. It's becoming the new myspace! Dun dun duuuuun When I joined it was only for people who had a college email address from one of a list of validated schools. Facebook enlisted member help to add new colleges. We used facebook to stalk people at our schools, and to communicate with people in our classes. Now it's getting really popular. Which is too bad, because collecting faces is probably illegal and someone will catch on.

Yeah, they've still got the "enter your college email" requirement to join a college community, but now they've got regional communities and others too. I wonder if we could get a "absolutewrite" community started there?

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
I have been trying to figure out how to add people as friends on Facebook for quite a while now, and I have to say that I hope this worked because I don't have any friends because I'm BUSY and don't have time to play games with new technologies!

In fact, I'm late, and I gots to jet, yo!

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Facebook?

I don't get that on my Prodigy dial-up options.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
You have to win a round of Guts to get it.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I sent my request...found ya.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Will somebody tell me what gives with facebook? I've been on there for a while, and it's all like, "cast a spell on me" or "graffiti my wall". It's like Office Party without the [irony]delicious intrigue[/irony].

Or is there something I'm missing?

OTOH, never mind. Like I need another online playpen.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Will somebody tell me what gives with facebook? I've been on there for a while, and it's all like, "cast a spell on me" or "graffiti my wall". It's like Office Party without the [irony]delicious intrigue[/irony].

Don't we all need a nice variety of playpens to play in (says the girl that axed her myspace page;) )

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea what that is, but supposedly you collect faces or friends or some such.

If you have a facebook account, add me to your friends list, or whatever that is.

This intermanet thingy is neato!

You got facebook? Alright! Welcome to 2004!

;)

Facebook used to be "Myspace for college," but it fell prey to the same mistake Myspace made (albeit from the opposite direction); letting people join whom the site wasn't originally intended for.

Myspace was ruined when it started letting stupid little kids join (it used to be 18 and up only and was originally just a cool place to keep up with local bands) and Facebook was ruined when it started letting "old farts" (kidding!) - that is, non-college kids - join.

Now, the two sites do nothing but copy each other. Facebook started copying Myspace's "friend comments" and blog features with Facebook's "Wall" and "Notes." Now, Myspace has ripped off Facebook's "status" feature.

*shrug*

All in all, Facebook sucks. Myspace ain't great, but Facebook seems like it'll alway run a distant 2nd/3rd, if it's not put out of business in the next two years. Facebook's only fun for the first two weeks, then you realize how dull and boring it is and how it's even more of a "friend whoring" site than Myspace.

By the way, I'll add you later.

;)

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Myspace sucks more than facebook at least until facebook starts letting you make custom backgrounds and shit.

It's bad enough that there are so many lameass applications.

Damn grafitti

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.

I am on facebook as well and have been for some time. It's really boring but what the heck, I get to message back and forth with my friends in Cape Town and the UK.

Funny, I tried to get them to join AW but I think we are just too clever and fun for them. :)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
You got facebook? Alright! Welcome to 2004!

;)

Facebook used to be "Myspace for college," but it fell prey to the same mistake Myspace made (albeit from the opposite direction); letting people join whom the site wasn't originally intended for.

Myspace was ruined when it started letting stupid little kids join (it used to be 18 and up only and was originally just a cool place to keep up with local bands) and Facebook was ruined when it started letting "old farts" (kidding!) - that is, non-college kids - join.

Now, the two sites do nothing but copy each other. Facebook started copying Myspace's "friend comments" and blog features with Facebook's "Wall" and "Notes." Now, Myspace has ripped off Facebook's "status" feature.

*shrug*

All in all, Facebook sucks. Myspace ain't great, but Facebook seems like it'll alway run a distant 2nd/3rd, if it's not put out of business in the next two years. Facebook's only fun for the first two weeks, then you realize how dull and boring it is and how it's even more of a "friend whoring" site than Myspace.

By the way, I'll add you later.

;)

I seriously joined because the only woman I know who is hot, single, and a major party girl invited me. The things we do for cute chicks. Sheesh.

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going on facebook now to stalk you all. Muhahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.