What's your favorite clothing item?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Favorite t-shirt that you wear a lot and won't ever get rid of?

Favorite pair of jeans?

Is it that slinky red dress in the closet?

Maybe a comfy pair of slippers?

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
OOOh. It changes a lot.

I have a night gown that used to belong to my Aunt Hazel. She died when I was 6. It is beautiful and lace and very fragile, and I haven't been able to fit it since I was 12, but I'll get rid of it over my dead body.

I also have this shirt that my dad got me when I was little. It had/has a Peter Max style drawing of a bilmp with the heading "What's Happening Baby". It was huge then. I managed to squeeze into it until I was 15. And I'll get rid of that over my dead body.

Actually the same goes for my grandmother's sari and my mom's beaded sweater. And the shawl my mother made for me..crocheted by hand..that stays forever.

Other than that I have 'favorite' clothes, but nothing I won't donate at a heartbeat if they go too far out of style.

(well, maybe not that black dress, or that island print dress, or...OMG why did I buy THAT?)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have an old pair of jeans that make my ass look stellar.

And a lovely aqua jacket that makes the rest of me look stellar.

And a black leather duster that weights in at a good 20 lbs but it makes me look stellar.

If jewelry counted, it would be the ring I inherited from my grandpa.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
I've got a couple of shirts that have too many holes, burn-marks and funny coloured stains to wear outside. But I hang on to them for loafing about because, for some reason, they're awfully comfortable.

I recently had to throw out my favourite pair of shoes. *sniff*
I'd been wearing them for so long that when I went to put the on, my foot came right through the sole. Which kinda defeats the purpose of shoes.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
the Lucky jeans I stole from my mom

My brown Puma speedcats

I have too many tee shirts to name a favorite. I love my Don't Mess with Karma shirt which has Buddha on it but I just barely fit. Oh please God don't let me outgrow the Don't Mess with Karma shirt.

See most of my tee shirts don't fit anymore because they get too short because I won't stop growing. In fact I got a growing pain yesterday. Dammit.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
My ultra-faded 501s--before they screwed up the design.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, I have some zip up, black leather, stilletto boots that are soft as a baby's bottom. They look awesome.

And for comfort, I have some soft stretchy T's in a variety of colors. They feel nice.

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
I have a pair of the killer boots too. I could wear them all day every day but I don't

instead, I have a replica of the dress Marilyn Monroe wore when she sang "Happy Birthday" to JFK (the one that had to be sewn on to her body), I have that dress. I wear it every day...I can't get it off.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I WISH I had cool black leather knee-high boots! My issue is that 1) I wear size 11 in women's shoes and 2) my calves are skinny so if they happen to have my size they will be all loose on my legs. What I really want are old fashioned lace up boots but who makes those?

Anyway, favorite item. Can I choose my purse? It's light-green (almost lime but not that bright) leather and I got it in Florence. It's probably the only accessory or clothing item I've ever had that other women envy. And tell me so, frequently. I also found the most awesomest, perfectest coolest leather jacket (brown, distressed, thigh-length, fitted), but since I live in CA I don't get much use out of it. But we may be moving to Seattle next year! Maybe I will be fashionable in Seattle, because I have good taste in cold-weather clothing.

As for stuff I wear all the time, I always wear a t-shirt and jeans or khakis, and then since I'm always cold I wear some sort of zip-up sweater. Generally I get stuck on one sweater at a time and I will wear it every day for months until one of my female friends or my mom hints that "maybe you should try something else?" Actually last time my mom just bought me a new one and gave it to me. Usually they are black.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
I have a pair of the killer boots too. I could wear them all day every day but I don't

instead, I have a replica of the dress Marilyn Monroe wore when she sang "Happy Birthday" to JFK (the one that had to be sewn on to her body), I have that dress. I wear it every day...I can't get it off.

All kinds of high heeled stilleto or stilletto or stiletto pointy boots-but I really want that MM dress with Mom'sWrite still in it-hey I can pant and wish cannot I?

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
sox and p.j.'s

love cushy expensive sox. my favs right now have veggies on them. second fav's have jack russel terriers. bananas and palm trees. and ---well you get the picture.

in any given season my pajamas are always snazzier than my clothes. my favorites are cotton shorties with tea cups. my pajamas for tonight are cotton--a lightweight set in blue on blue stripes. short sleeve, button front top and long pants. safely folded up under my pillow, and dreaming the day away until we meet again. and my daughters say this is spooky! --s6

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All kinds of high heeled stilleto or stilletto or stiletto pointy boots-but I really want that MM dress with Mom'sWrite still in it-hey I can pant and wish cannot I?

Dave, I'm trying to picture you wearing high heels.

What is YOUR favorite clothing item that you wear?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Dave, I'm trying to picture you wearing high heels.

What is YOUR favorite clothing item that you wear?
Probably the hat he wears on his boat that has a big gold insignia on the front and "Captain Lobsterino" embroidered in red on both sides.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Probably the hat he wears on his boat that has a big gold insignia on the front and "Captain Lobsterino" embroidered in red on both sides.

Hmmm....could be.

I thought maybe it was his leather pants.

davids

Banned
Reaction score

What can I tell ya-the man knows the man-I do like my old camoflaggy stuff-when I wear it you cannot see me cause what I be camofaggied-actually-long hair-bear-t-shirt-shorts-Birkys-yah I know christ he wears Birkys-and of course said hat-even wear the damn thing when I is nekid on the boat catching nekid flounders and such-my nubian nekid lady servant demands it-she is into white-marginally suncrisped six-packs-elderly men who know how to make a woman pleased in all and any fashion-oohhhh she is soooo evul!!!!

PS-I have not worn the high heeled pointed six inched heel up to my thighs leathers since last Friday night when ah was over't at Pinky's

PPS-Mom'sWrite has totally worked me into a titherated puddle of jellatine machismo

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I have a pair of pajama pants I bought a little while after I had my daughter. They are big and comfy. They have monkeys and bananas scattered all over the place. They came with a tank top but I hate wearing it, so I just wear the bottoms with a t-shirt.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Favorite t-shirt that you wear a lot and won't ever get rid of?

Favorite pair of jeans?

Is it that slinky red dress in the closet?

Maybe a comfy pair of slippers?

I've still got the pants I wore the night I met my bf of 6 years, and the 1st date pants I wore also. I've got no slinky red dress, my slippers have been through the wash a few times and still holding up quite well, I love them ... as for the favorite jeans, check out my "dirtiest confession...for the day" thread.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Ankle-length black leather coat with princess seams, metal buttons, and huge pockets. I look like a reject from the Matrix , but it's so much fun to wear.

Except to the airport.

As for stuff I wear all the time (the coat doesn't work so well int he summer), I guess that would be my Levis. Covered with patches, frayed hems, a butterfly patch on each back pocket, and so worn they feel like pjs.

JBI

Banned
Reaction score
I had a pair of pajamas; they were too small, had tons of patches, throughout, had the bum torn apart, and patched over with strips of duck tape, had paint marks and stains, but were the best damn pair of PJs I ever had. Only problem of course was one day I sat down, and my knee went straight through the pants, ripping them in two. Then I decided that the time had come.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
My Noir cut jeans from WhiteHouse/BlackMarket.

And my black leather chaps from my biker days.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i think that it's nice that cue-ball gags haven't been mentioned yet.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a sweet red collar that Soccer Mom gave me, the night before she caught me cheating with the pomeranian twins.