TOP NY FICTION AGENTS?

cappyskippy

Apologies in advance if this is in a thread someplace, but I cannot find it.

Which NY agencies are generally viewed as the top for novels? Thanks.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
There's no truly right answer to that question. For one, it depends on your genre. A house that is brilliant for the quality of its fantasy fiction may not have a clue how to sell to Christian publishers.

greywaren

Registered
Reaction score
Even commercial fiction's really broad. Each of those agencies Aruna mentioned has agents to cover almost every genre. What I did when looking for an agent was hit www.agentquery.com and after I'd searched for my genre, I googled the agent's name to track down their sales record.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
NY agents

I'd say at least 95% of the top agents live either in New York or Hollywood, with the vast majority of fiction agents being in New York. or within spitting distance.

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I hear Nathan Bransford killed seven giants with one blow! Blindfolded, even!! While surrounded by flesh-eating squirrels from the nth dimension!!!

:)

-Michelle

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
ROFL drachin8!

I think this question is too subjective to really answer well.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
But what did you do about the flesh-eating squirrels, Nathan? We're dying to know!

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
You have them reading the slush and sending out form rejections, don't you?
Poor squirrels with little papercuts all over them.

Uh oh! I think I would keep them away from the paper. Nth dimension squirrels tend to fall easily into blood frenzies...

I mean, did you seriously think the original Roanoke colony was lost to natives? Nope, frenzied flesh-eating nth-dimension squirrels...

-Michelle

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
Uh oh! I think I would keep them away from the paper. Nth dimension squirrels tend to fall easily into blood frenzies...

I mean, did you seriously think the original Roanoke colony was lost to natives? Nope, frenzied flesh-eating nth-dimension squirrels...

-Michelle

This is hilarious. :roll:Now I gotta go look out for those Nth-dimension squirrels...maybe I'll buy a Nth dimension cat.