Roundtable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to distract from the Villains, or any other thread, so I'm posting this separately.

In the Villains thread, Plot Device started out an excellent post with the following"

Plot Device said:
Here's my understanding. And it's one driven more by my film training than my novel training (and my novel training is pathetically skimpy), but I think it can certainly have a good amount of crossover into novels:

It causes me a little concern, because the implication is that we are only discussing novel writing, and while many of the denizens of the Roundtable do seem to be writing novels and that's not only fine, it's great, I just wanted to remind everyone, that the Roundtable's not just about novels.

The Roundtable is where writers of all types come together to discuss the differences and similarities of business and craft. So, while I won't move a novel-centric question about manuscript lengths, the more general questions, like the one about Villains, aren't just about novels. They're about villains in no matter what you're working on -- be it short story, novel, or film.

And, if anyone wanted to discuss non-fiction writing, greeting cards, technical writing, copywriting.... whatever.... that's all good, too. They can even all be discussed in the same thread if the mood moves us.

We're rather medium- and genre-blind here.

That's all. Carry on.

Last edited:

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to write a villain into a greeting card. :D

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Why are all the Mods suddenly calling the rest of us carrion?

Status
Not open for further replies.