Bended knees, check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ageless Stranger

Dave Brubeck kicks your ass.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm begging ya here, I'm so confused, help a fella out?

*Ahem*

Now that I've caught you're attention, I was wondering if anyone would be able to take the time to fully explain typos and the problems with them.

*Raises sign saying Will Snoopy Dance For Advice*

:snoopy:

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm begging ya here, I'm so confused, help a fella out?

*Ahem*

Now that I've caught you're attention, I was wondering if anyone would be able to take the time to fully explain typos and the problems with them.
A "typo" is a typographical error:
American Heritage Dictionarytypographical error
n. A mistake in printing, typesetting, or typing, especially one caused by striking an incorrect key on a keyboard.

The problem with them stems, IMHO, from the frequency and kind that are found in printed matter. While no process is 100% accurate, too many typos indicate either simple inattention to detail or slovenly business pracatices.
While reading, too many of them will throw me out of the story.

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...Now that I've caught you're attention, I was wondering if anyone would be able to take the time to fully explain typos and the problems with them.
This might take some time, and bring into the equation what you've had for lunch today, in addition to the size of your fingers, marital discord, if any, and the people you have run into recently, in particular those who may have breathed the same air as you.

It's a complicated formula that only you can unravel.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score

i think i'm missing something? what was the question?
does snoopy know?

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I think you need a dash between Snoopy and Dance, else it looks like a question of whether or not Snoopy will dance in exchange for advice.:)

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
To give a serious response, IMHO the biggest problem with typo's (or is the plural form typos without an appostrophe?) is when spell checker programs are blindly used to correct things, and some of the 'corrections' end up being homonyms of the originally intended word. This tells me that not only did the original have misspellings for whatever reason (either typo's or the writer doesn't know how to spell a few words - neither is an actual problem if these things get PROPERLY corrected), but that someone "ran over" the text with a spell checker the way someone would "run over" a carpet with a vacuum cleaner, without actually looking to see if each word the checker chose is what was actually intended.

A spell checker is not a vacuum cleaner, but if you do use one that way, it WILL suck.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Typos appear out of the blue and are a pane-in-the-ass, especially when you are the only one who cant see them.

Dance, Snoopy, dance.
:snoopy:

Stijn Hommes

Know what you write...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.peccarymagazine.5u.com
Typos are also a problem, because if you don't know how to spell and you see words misspelled in print, you could be led to believe that is the correct spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.