Do Office Supplies Get you Excited? (Sexually or Otherwise, No Judgement!)

Ali B

Just Hanging Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alinabradford.com
Okay, I have a problem. Walking down the office supply isle at Wal-Mart makes my hands shake. Seeing an Office Depot makes my heart skip a beat.
I buy notebooks I don't need. I have all different kinds of ink pens. I have Sharpies in every color. I almost jumped up and down when I saw the clickable Sharpies.
In short, I'm addicted to office supplies.
Is this a writer thing, or is it just me?

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Yes, I love for office supplies. I love to go shopping right after school starts so that everything is on clearance.

I have more crap than I could ever use in a lifetime, and I want more.

Side Note: It's been discussed before in the Novels forum before. I think there are some very interesting entries there.

MMcC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maureenmccarrie.blogspot.com
I love this time of year because they start piling up the back to school crap. In fact, I was at the dollar store today and picked up really pretty four packs of mini journals (cardboard cover, really cool designs).

I think most of us probably had that obsession as kids. Tip off, ennit?

Ali B

Just Hanging Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alinabradford.com
Do you guys sniff a freshly Xeroxed piece of paper?
I have done this since I was a kid.
*Wanders off to the copier

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
I love document trays. I could have an in tray, an out tray, a things-I-don't-know-what-to-do-with tray. It could go on and on. I also love sticky Post it notes (they come in great colours now).

Ali B

Just Hanging Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alinabradford.com
I love this time of year because they start piling up the back to school crap. In fact, I was at the dollar store today and picked up really pretty four packs of mini journals (cardboard cover, really cool designs).

I think most of us probably had that obsession as kids. Tip off, ennit?

Back-to-school isles make me drool. I have to stay as far away as possible.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
::cough::

It's not just you.

If Ol' Boy wants to make me really hot, he buys me a new ::shiver:: organizer.
OFGgeeeeeeee.....

O F GeeeeeeEeeeeee!!!

:e2brows:
31083_lrg.jpg
:e2brows:

Oh yeah, baby, I know what you like!!!

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I love back to school time. Spiral notebooks, 10 for $1. OMG...makes me tremble just thinking about it.

My favorite office supply? Binder clips...those black metal clips with the silver pincher things. I have tons of them, it's the only thing I technically hoard. I love them. :)

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Count me stoked about pre-hole-punched printer paper, Pilot Precise V5 rolling ball pens and my Case-It 3-ring zip-up binder with the carrying handle.

And tiger-striped paper clips.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Hi, my name is JoNightshade, and I am an addict. Office supplies, no. Back-to-school supplies, yes. I made my husband wait for like a half an hour the other day in Target because they had devoted an ENTIRE SECTION to back to school supplies. Folders with cool designs and pictures on them, clickie pencils, erasers... my favorite thing is ANYTHING THAT SMELLS YUMMY. Like pens with scented caps or grape erasers... oh man, I coveted those as a child, and I still do. Whenever I would get my hands on one of the smelly items, I would carefully stow it away in my pencil box and never, ever use it. Every once in a while I would take it out for a smell.

Yes, for some reason I am very olfactory-oriented. :)

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
For some reason pencils do a number on me :)

Also notebook filler paper---oh boy, makes me shiver :)

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
I totally want a Trapper Keeper. I'm a buyer of paper and notebooks. I just found an unused notebook under my bed as I was cleaning my room.

They moved the stationary department where I work. I could walk down it while going to lunch and break. It's going to take me longer to get to the break room now since I have to take a new path that takes me by the stationary department.

Lady Esther

I can say the alphabet backwards!
Registered
Reaction score
My family knows I love dictionaries. I collect them. So, they bought me a collection of dictionaries one Christmas and I almost had a heart attack. :)

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Do you guys sniff a freshly Xeroxed piece of paper?
I have done this since I was a kid.
*Wanders off to the copier

Sniffing toner is okay. But those long ago days, the blue mimeograph ink, now you're talking. Sniff, Sniff.

I actually worked in an office supply store (before big box).
My favorite item will always be

pink erasers

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
From the website, emphasis mine:

Constructed from a durable vinyl material, the Trapper Keeper has a magnetic closure to keep papers trapped within.

No no no. Half the fun of the Trapper Keeper was the Velcro closure! I can still hear the velcro chorus from fifth grade as everyone got out their homework.

Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Office Depot > Sex World. :hooray:

*drools*

I love the main drawer in my desk. It smells like...#2 pencils. I'm nuts about highlighters, especially the clickable ones; I use a different color for each chapter when editing, and the clickables are great stress reducers. Stuck on a point in a chapter? Simply click your highlighter repeatedly whilst thinking! I've got more notebooks than projects (WHICH IS A GOOD THING SO I'LL HAVE A NEW NOTEBOOK WHEN I START A NEW PROJECT NO I DON'T THINK I'M YELLING ALL THAT MUCH). Pens pens pens pens pens pens pens pens pens. Ghod, I miss the free sample fairs we used to have at work with supply vendors.

And anybody who sticks their face in a box of 64 Crayolas and inhales deeply? HOLLAH!

One more thing: medium point black ink. Not fine. Not blue. And certainly NOT GLITTER GEL-INK. Medium point. Black ink.

Last edited:

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
And anybody who sticks their face in a box of 64 Crayolas and inhales deeply? HOLLAH!

One more thing: medium point black ink. Not fine. Not blue. And certainly NOT GLITTER GEL-INK. Medium point. Black ink.

To the crayons- yes. Though every time I inhale it comes with remorse, as most of my crayons were either dull, broken, or lost by the second week of school.

As for the ink...gel is the devil! I can't write with a gel pen for more than three lines without it coppin' (sp?) out on me! Ugh! And they're so expensive too. Why the expense for such crap? I'll never understand it.

Also I don't like glitter. It reminds me of Lisa Frank, and I have HORRIBLE memories of all the prissy girls flaunting Lisa Frank trappers as if they were platinum tiaras. No offense to any of you Lisa Frank lovers out there.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
When we were kids, my sister and I used to play with staple removers.

We made them eat paper.

Clearly, an obsession was being born.