• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I need someone to look over about 2300 words of SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ct bliss

Registered
Reaction score
I really need a fresh pair of eyes on this. It's a major plot twist in my WIP, but it's a very tricky one, and I need one of my character's reaction to be plausible.

A female reader would be preferred, since the character is female, but anyone will do. Like the title says, it's only 2300 words, hardly 20 minutes of your time.

Please respond in this thread (indicate your gender too, if it isn't obvious), and I'll PM you the scene.

Thanks!

RRK

I named the dog Indiana
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be happy to beta this for you. I'm a female SF (wannabe) writer myself.

Out of curiosity, would you be willing to beta a short story for me as well (no pressure--if you don't want to I'll still beta yours!)? It's semi-SF and character-based. I'd like to submit it to a few magazines soon but would like someone else to give me some helpful feedback first. It's not too long, although I forget the actual word count.

Last edited:

ct bliss

Registered
Reaction score
Just PM'ed you my scene. BTW, I lied. My scene is 2600 words now (after a last-minute edit).

About yours... Sure! Just PM me a link to it, preferably in Word format.

Chris M

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be happy to beta this for you as well. You were so generous to review my work.
Christina

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
Christina, Did you not want to post your work in the Share Your Work forum? You can get a lot of great input from a good many talented people.

It's password protected so web crawlers can't get in. You don't see any postings if you are not signed in. The password is posted on the description for the board.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/index.php and scroll down to Share Your Work

If you already knew all this then proceed. :D

Chris M

Registered
Reaction score
I just haven't had a chance to put it on there yet, plus I need to make a few changes after receiving lots of helpful feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.