I'm meeting Mandy Moore!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I just won a radio contest (I've been calling in all week :) ) and am getting to have "martinis with Mandy" this Friday with probably about 100 others. I'm tho exthited! I admire her quite a lot and am all goofy with nervousness about what I'll say to her. I think she's one of very few young stars with class. Anyone else a fan?

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Sounds like a great time, Jenna. She is one of the few young stars I respect and my niece likes her. It’s scary Mandy Moore is old enough to drink martinis.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I just won a radio contest (I've been calling in all week :) ) and am getting to have "martinis with Mandy" this Friday with probably about 100 others. I'm tho exthited! I admire her quite a lot and am all goofy with nervousness about what I'll say to her. I think she's one of very few young stars with class. Anyone else a fan?
Oooh - ask her about filming the restaurant scene of 'Chasing Liberty' at Browns Restaurant in London! i was in that scene with her. I didn't mean to be, it's just I was Browns's events manager at the time, and I forced my boss to allow them to film there - he kept whining on about being scared they'd break something (which they did.) They asked me to be in the scene and since they waved the green stuff at me, how could I say no?

She seemed like a sweet child. I'm sure she remembers me distinctly:D ....

Have fun, and don't drink too many cocktails, ya don't wanna throw up on her Manolos. Congrats on winning the contest, too.

Last edited:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Um, Jenna? I don't want to alarm you, but there appears to be a second head growing out of your chest. You might want to have that checked out before you go on your outing.

Rob, always concerned

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com

Maybe you can get a book deal out of this? :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you can get a book deal out of this? :)
Yeah. She's what now . . . 24? Time for an autobiography (So True, by Mandy Moore with Jenna Glatzer).

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
If Clay Aiken can have a biography, why not? Mandy Moore has been around much longer, plus she's also a movie star.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Has she been in anything we've seen?

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Yeah. She's what now . . . 24? Time for an autobiography (So True, by Mandy Moore with Jenna Glatzer).

Pfffft! Don't think this didn't cross my mind.

23, I think.

I already checked Amazon. Appears there are 4 or 5 unofficial bios already, mostly from the year 2000, when she was, like, a fetus. Luckily, she knows she's not done figuring out who she is yet-- which means I suspect she knows it's not time for a real bio yet. But in a few years, we'll see. I am so slipping her a business card.

I became a fan after A Walk to Remember, which I expected to be a fairly dumb "cool guy dates nerdy girl" movie and turned into this whole other, much deeper thing. Never heard her early albums, but I know she thinks they were lousy, so I didn't track them down. Her new album is exactly my style (folk-ish). She even teamed up with The Weepies, who I also love ("The World Spins Madly On" was my user title for a while).

Oh. And I'm bringing my brother as my date. Do you have any idea how much fun it is to see shows with my brother?? He's the greatest audience member ever. He gets all excited, and then I'm allowed to get all excited and not feel silly about it.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!! She always seems like a classy young lady to me, and nice to boot.

I think they really tried to push her into the teen-slut thing when Brit and Christina were hot, but she fought it tooth and nail and emerged with her clothes and dignity intact.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Hi Jenna,

Congrats! I think she is absolutely adorable. Loved her when she was just singing and I enjoy watching her in the rolls she has played. She is one of the few young stars today to keep a clean image. Very refreshing.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What fun! Have a great time and slip her a baby pic with that business card. (Who doesn't love cute baby pics!) She seems like a genuinely nice person.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I must be older than I thought - I'll have to Google this person and find out who she is :)

But congrats, nevertheless!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
I must be older than I thought -

funny but true story, my mother-in-law recently stumbled upon her own birth certif while cleaning a desk,....only to discover that she's actually a year older than she thought!

jenna,
have fun meeting mandy moore,...she seems way too normal!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Phooey! Her plane was delayed, so she was an hour late to start the show, and I guess she had to go somewhere right afterwards, so there was no "mingling." We took some group photos right before she sang, then she did four songs and ran outta there. She looked and sounded beautiful. My brother gave her a copy of my Celine book :) after the photo and she was very gracious about it. The radio station already put up photos... here's ours:

DSC01886.JPG

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
How cool, Jenna! You never know, maybe this will turn into another book deal.

Mandy looks kinda sleepy to me. Perhaps the place she had to get to was bed.