Women recruits/recruiters/drill instructors in Army or Air Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisqualie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there - I am looking to find as many women as I can to recall their experiences in Army or Air Force basic training, female recruiters or those who have insight to the world of a military training instructor.

Thanks so much!

Frosty

Registered
Reaction score
On the grounds that a picture is worth a thousand words, check out this online photo exhibition on this very subject.

The life of an eighteen-year-old girl in Israel is interrupted when she is plucked out of her environment at an age when sexual, educational, and family values are at their highest exploration point. She is then placed in a rigorous institution, where individuality becomes a secondary matter, making room for nationalism. “I solemnly swear…to devote all of my strength and to sacrifice my life to protect the land and the liberty of Israel,” repeats the newly recruited soldier during her swearing-in ceremony. She enters the two-year period in which she will change from a girl to a woman, a teenager to an adult, all under a militaristic, masculine environment, and in the confines of an army that is engaged in daily war and conflict...

Vanatru

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there - I am looking to find as many women as I can to recall their experiences in Army or Air Force basic training, female recruiters or those who have insight to the world of a military training instructor.

Thanks so much!

Anything in particular? My niece is still over in Iraq. I can always querry her.

pisqualie

Registered
Reaction score
Yah, gosh that would be fantastic if you think she'd be willing to maybe email me (through you even?). May I email you and fill you in on what exactly it is? Thanks! :)

pisqualie

Registered
Reaction score
On the grounds that a picture is worth a thousand words, check out this online photo exhibition on this very subject.

Wow, that is incredibly interesting - thank you for sharing that. It is not exactly in line with my actual book, but like I said, fascinating no less. I will explore the website a little more, but must get back to work. Thanks again for sharing that!

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
I spent 22+ years in the US Army - retired in 2001. I went into basic training in 1978 - in one of the last co-ed groups. My drill sergeants were men & women. Basic training was at Fort McClelland AL. Let me know what you need.

pisqualie

Registered
Reaction score
Read the posts on this site and ask them your question. You should get lots of responses from veterans and new kids alike.

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/1721928695

Hi there - I have been reading a variety of military forums and though it is good information, I want to do some personal base touches with the people I use in my book. Looking for testimonials, etc. Thanks!

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
I went to basic training at Ft Dix in 87. I was a combat medic in the army.

I went to Panama and worked at Gorgas Army Hospital during the whole Noriega thing and got called back in about 6 months after I was discharged to go back to Iraq. (that was the first time, I think in '91?) I didnt end up having to go THANK GOD....the stories of the sand fleas were terrorizing me.

You want any more info let me know! I'm happy to talk about the old army days LOL!!!

WishWords

Registered
Reaction score
I went to Basic Training in 1984 at Lackland AFB. I'd be happy to tell you about it.

airforceauthor

Board Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I have a few former TIs in my unit - I'm in the Air Force. Also I was a CTA for Field Training (that's Basic for officers) and though I'm a male, there were several female CTAs there that I still keep in touch with. If you dont have enough info yet I can ask these people any questions you might have...

Status
Not open for further replies.