PDA

View Full Version : Uh-Oh, I Was Inactive.

writeitdown
07-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi all,

I got so wrapped up in my book that I failed to make my presence known. You know, I'm one of those who pops in and reads the discussions, but rarely make a post. ;) Anyway, I learned yesterday that I can't post about my new book until I have 50 postings. I think I am short 46, counting this one. :Shrug: So, all of you guys ask me a question that I can/can't answer and help me get my numerical self in order. :flag:

johnrobison
07-24-2007, 06:41 PM
What kind of new book do you have?

Hillary
07-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Pop in to a couple newbie threads a day and welcome them - it's nice to say hi and it will get your post count up. Two birds... One stone... Something along those lines.

So what is this book all about? :D

writeitdown
07-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Hi,

Sorry for being slow to reply. :Shrug: Too many kids, grandkids, work...okay, you all know how it goes. :)

What kind of new book do you have?

I wrote the story of my daughter's illness. Hoping her story will help promote awareness of a hidden illness, as she suffered 13 years before we finally found the answer. She became ill at 13 and was 27 before she regained her life. She is now well.:snoopy: :snoopy:

I hope to be able to list it here soon! Thanks for the responses.

Good idea Hillary, I will go there and welcome newbies!

Hillary
07-26-2007, 08:28 AM
So glad to hear she is well, and I'm hoping her story gets told.

ritinrider
07-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Glad daughter is doing well. Another hint for adding to your post count, use two posts when one will do. For example in your last post, type of book - one post, thank you to Hilary for hints - another post. See, it's easy. Also, while you're in the newbie forum, do a post for yourself. People will welcome you, and you can thank them. Plus it's a good way to meet some of the regulars. I go read the newbie forum from time to time just for that.

Now, for a question, do you already have a publisher?

writeitdown
07-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks to all for the congratulations. And, for tips as well. :)

writeitdown
07-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Now, for a question, do you already have a publisher?

I published the book myself. Maybe a little harder in getting it known, but, I didn't feel we had time to deal with rejection letters.;) The book is on tour right now, so it is getting exposure, which I know is needed. :)

writeitdown
07-29-2007, 12:11 AM
John, I absolutely adore the cover of your book. :) Wishing you the best success with your work.

writeitdown
07-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Nita,

Was reading your blog and tried to find the piece Karen wrote about cell phones. I recently posted (on my blog) about a cell phone incident. Would love to read Karen's posting as well. Can you provide the URL? Thanks!