PDA

View Full Version : Fluids in the human body

theengel
07-24-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm wondering if there are any fluids in the human body that could be used to make some kind of industrial chemical or narcotic. Like if you could turn plasma into a lubricant or use it in some kind of process that you wouldn't be able to do without the body fluid.

Yes, I know, this story is grasping at straws now. But I thought I'd shoot out and try to hit an idea.

Stacia Kane
07-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Well...you have blood, phlegm, water and bile, and for males semen.

I would go for semen, personally, especially as they've just done some crazy study showing it has an emotionally-regulating affect for women (women who are, ahem, exposed in some way to it regularly tend to be happier and less moody. Seriously, google it.)

But honestly, if you're talking designer drug science, just make something up. Maybe the distilled plasma of a certain type of person can be burned and has a side effect? Maybe the bile of alcoholics, when directly injected, gives people a hangover-free drunk?

newmod
07-24-2007, 08:53 PM
I would go for semen ... Seriously, google it.

Or, perhaps, gargle it???

reenkam
07-24-2007, 08:53 PM
oils secreted by humans can do pretty weird things if put on other people. And I remember reading a study that found that if a woman is exposed to another woman's menstural blood then her cycle will change.

And I read somewhere else that women's, uh secretions does something to men, but I can't remember what exactly.

If I find the studies I'll post again.

katiemac
07-24-2007, 11:00 PM
You could look into pheromones, too.

Hillary
07-24-2007, 11:31 PM
PEE!

Pee is brilliant. No, I've no idea why, or what it can do (though I'm pretty sure that chick from Clan of the Cave Bear bleached leather white with her own piss) but I think it's fantastic.

Stacia Kane
07-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Or, perhaps, gargle it???

Not on our first date.

newmod
07-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Not on our first date.

All good things ... ;)

Tallymark
07-25-2007, 05:23 AM
And I remember reading a study that found that if a woman is exposed to another woman's menstural blood then her cycle will change.

You don't even have to be directly exposed to it. Women living in close quarters for long periods of time will tend to have their cycles slowly align themselves. It was first discovered, I think, on college campuses, when people started noticing they were all getting their periods at the same time--and indeed, at some point during the year, my roomate and I realized that our cycles now matched, even though at the start of the year they hadn't. Pheremones that we release and unconsciously detect start coordinating with other women around you.

If you want to make a lubricant, the human body has plenty of fats and oils, but there's much better ways to get things like that. But some kind of hormone-based narcotic...that'd be pretty neat.

Ziljon
07-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Spinal fluid.